Thread: LFR Tier Gear

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

LFR Tier Gear

I've been doing the LFR for the past 4 weeks and I have yet to get a tier piece, i was wondering if you needed the Greater Charms of Fortune to get any tier gear from LFR?

No. The Elder Charms just allow you another loot roll that rewards an item or gold bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Natthviske View Post
    i was wondering if you needed the Greater Charms of Fortune to get any tier gear from LFR?
    No, but it's my opinion that it would significantly increase your chances of obtaining individual items that you're after.

Deleted
    LFR has just really assonite drop rate, people say it's 15% on average but RNG is RNG and for my main character it's more like 5%, sometimes even less. Take ToES LFR for example, I cleared it 8 or 9 times (lost count at this point) and NEVER got a SINGLE item off normal roll, one time I won shoulders FROM COIN and that's it. Two months long gold marathon.

Pisses me off, because I have 498 average item level and still blue weapon. I'm missing 660 welfare agility from quest rewards and weapon DPS increase itself. I'd understand this for some off-set pair of gloves or trinket but WEAPON? Horrible RNG is horrible, but I can't do anything about it, just waste more time in this cesspool, as well as doing normal/heroic kills hoping to see first epic ranged weapon drop in this tier.

been doing terrace lfr since release and im still missing gun and teir shoulders not even the coins have helped me

LFR was a great jump start for my druid moving into normal modes. 2 weeks of LFR netted me an Off-hand, tier helm, shoulders, one-hander, trinket, and bracers. 2 of those items were upgraded to their 'normal mode' version in week 1 of raiding however (actually it might have been week 2 of normal mode, I can't remember)

I just never expect to get loot in LFR, but LFR also isn't the only raiding I do, which I understand may be the only raiding a lot of people get to do. I'd like to argue that your character's "relative power" that is gained from LFR loot doesn't matter, because it doesn't, but Blizzard has made it so that your ilvl DOES matter in order to get into newer LFR's - which I personally think sucks. (requiring gear for content that doesn't require that gear to successfully complete it)

No, the coins don't give you access to items you wouldn't have without them. They just give you extra 'rolls' for loot.

Sometimes you just have bad luck. My main (DPS Warrior) has just about all the gear he needs from LFR, including weapons and his 4 set tier bonus, the only other item I want is a belt from Blade Lord Ta Yak(WAnd thats just for transmog as it matches my tier set)

My monk however has yet to get the claw weapons I want or the shoulder badge. Its just the way it goes
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Needed tier helm off Sha, had 5 coins. Ran tier 5 times, rolling only on sha each time. Eventually I got the helm and shoulders, and netted my 4pc tier bonus in the first week of LFR Terrace being open.

You gotta grind!

Deleted
    You don't need coins for a chance for them to drop, however it greatly increase the chance you will get loot, gotten 2 tier pieces and the healing mace of empress on an alt using those.

Deleted
    I was amused when i got my 3rd alt to 470ilvl, got like 4-5 loots on the first reset. My shammy cant have no more loot from LFR, got my last tier part today. And yes, most of the loot is acquired by the coins.

But, my main, restodruid, is a whole other story then... I have 6 loots from lfr. 2 483, the rest are 476. Rest of my gear is 463. My main character. I feel so sad :/
    I know that lfr is only for the casuals to see end-game and not for the loot, but the randomness of the whole system really makes me shake my head, how can you be so lucky with other chars, get all the loot you need, and then 0 drops for another char. Mmh, dunno.

I wish you good luck with hunting the tier parts!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    No, but it's my opinion that it would significantly increase your chances of obtaining individual items that you're after.
    Chance of getting no loot (that is, gold) from a single boss: 84%.
    Chance of getting loot without a coin from a single boss: 16%.
    Chance of getting loot, with the use of one coin, from a single boss: 29.44%*.
    Hence, once coin increases the chance of getting loot from a boss by 84%**.

For one specific item, you're going to have to divide the chance for loot, by the amount of items that you're eligible to loot from that boss (including tier).

*0.16+((0.84)(0.16)).
    **2944/1600.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    LFR has just really assonite drop rate, people say it's 15% on average
    LFR has had the same drop rate since 4.3, which is 16% (4 out of 25).

This will change in 5.2 (but we don't know how yet).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

At this rate it will be tier 15 before I get a chance at 4 piece tier 14. I am sure the drop rate on wisdom tokens is far too low. Been getting 1 a week.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

The last three weeks I have gotten nothing but gold bags from every single LFR instance.

Oh, Sha as well.

Fun times.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I've gotten pretty much everything except a good weapon. for several weeks all i've wanted was a weapon off LFR. Yesterday i decided to just give up, and take a break till 5.2 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    LFR has had the same drop rate since 4.3, which is 16% (4 out of 25).

This will change in 5.2 (but we don't know how yet).
    Fairly sure they just mentioned that they do internal roll, and if you roll >85 you get loot (albeit it's very close to your number)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Fairly sure they just mentioned that they do internal roll, and if you roll >85 you get loot (albeit it's very close to your number)
    That is 16%.
    85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100.

EDIT: I'm incredibly sure they've said that the overall chance hasn't changed, but I can't be bothered to find a blue post on it.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

If you are raiding like normal MV then why waste coins on LFR?

Just to confirm what others are saying and to make you hate me. I have 3 toons that are now 4/4 on tier gear. The other two are 3/4. Some off tokens, most just drop.

The only reason I even get loot is because I use my tokens. I've gotten more pieces of gear from those then I have from the bosses. Just used one to get my Sha touched weapon this week