Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Let me rephrase my topic a bit, as I have been using BB for more time now.

I know that it does more damage than Avatar overall, I'm asking HOW I can make that happen. Because, right now, I pop banner and BB, use Dragons Roar, and bam, 30k tick. Then I hit Bloodthirst, and bam, the 30k tick turns into a 25k tick, and that keeps going down and down as long as I keep dealing damage.
    What should I do? Just use Dragons Roar and stop hitting the boss? Or keep with my normal rotation and suck up the 7~9k ticks?
    Where is the Recklessness inside BB? Where is Colossus Smash? Also, Deadly Calm is on the same CD, use it for the 3 Heroic Strikes inside your CS window. And Heroic Leap.

So you open with something like:

Charge > BB+Banner+trinkets/pot+Deadly Calm+Dragon Roar > Recklessness > Bloodthirst > Colossus Smash (not 110% sure if you can flip the order of those two or not) > Continue into your normal rotation.

The key here is Colossus Smash I'm guessing. When BB is about to come off CD, make sure you have A) Dragon Roar B) Colossus Smash) C) Deadly Calm and D) pooled rage. I may be forgetting a few things here or there but I'm tired, sorry.

Edit: Poster before me nailed it pretty much.

Deleted
    Imo you are doign somethign wrong if u have that low ticks.
    BB+CS>RB>RB>BT>RB if avaiilable>DR or BB+DR>CS>RB>RB would get ur ticks waaaay higher...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Let me rephrase my topic a bit, as I have been using BB for more time now.

I know that it does more damage than Avatar overall, I'm asking HOW I can make that happen. Because, right now, I pop banner and BB, use Dragons Roar, and bam, 30k tick. Then I hit Bloodthirst, and bam, the 30k tick turns into a 25k tick, and that keeps going down and down as long as I keep dealing damage.
    What should I do? Just use Dragons Roar and stop hitting the boss? Or keep with my normal rotation and suck up the 7~9k ticks?
    You seem to have a fundamental lack of understanding of how bloodbath works. Say, you pop bloodbath, and then a dragon roar that hits for 300k. If you hit nothing else after that, bloodbath will deliver 30% * 300k = 90k damage over the next 6 seconds, ticking every second, meaning 6 15k ticks.

Say instead you hit raging blow next second, and it hits for 200k. Bloodbath has already ticked for 15k from the dragon roar, so at this point it has to deliver 200k * 30% = 60k damage from the raging blow, and 90-15 = 75k remaining from the dragon's roar. The game then delivers this over the next six seconds, so your ticks go up to (60 + 75)/6 = 22.5k ticks.

Say, a second later, you now bloodthirst, and it only hits for 60k. Bloodbath has to deliver 60 * 30% = 18k from the bloodthirst. It has already delivered 15k + 22.5k = 37.5k from dragon roar and raging blow, leaving (150-37.5) = 112.5k left to deliver. The game sees it has 112.5 + 18 = 130.5k total bloodbath damage to deliver, it calculates the tick size as 130.5/6 = 21.75k ticks. If you then hit nothing else, the total damage delivered would still equate to 30% of the dragon roar + 30% of the raging blow + 30% of the bloodthirst.

Say you then wild strike next a second later, and it only hits for 40k. Bloodbath damage would be 40*30% = 12k. It has already delivered 15 + 22.5 + 21.75k = 59.25k of the dragon roar/raging blow/bloodthirst damage, and so has (90 + 60 + 18 - 59.25) = 108.75k damage left. Add in the 12k from the wildstrike and bloodbath has to delvier 120.75k over 6 seconds, meaning 20.125k ticks.

Just because the tick size is getting smaller makes absolutely no difference. Bloodbath will always deliver 30% of the damage done by special abilities used with it active, so the fewer special abilities you do with it active, the less damage it will do.

Edit, actually those examples are not accurate as obviously apart from bloodsurge wildstrike we're limited to a 1.5 second gcd, but the point remains and I can't be bothered to go through and rework them. Due to the 1.5 second gcd bloodbath will half the time tick twice between specials, but the general idea is the same. It's easy enough to test as well: go to a dummy, hit bloodbath, hit dragon roar and bloodthirst. Add up the dragon roar and bloodthirst damage, multiply it by 0.3. Add up the bloodbath damage. The two numbers should match.
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2013-01-16 at 12:38 PM.