Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    If we have an agenda, I'm seriously not being let in on it. Will you guys tell me already?
    It depends on who you grow up around, surround yourself with, and expose yourself to. Understanding that people from all political & economical factions have agendas is the first step in being able to analyze what you see and hear and figure out for yourself and what should be believed and what should not be. The buzz word for this is "critical thinking", but you have to be careful even with that, as everyone with an agenda who is convincing others to follow them convinces their followers that they are applying critical thought to what is actually blind acceptance.

  2. #182
    Liberals everywhere in this bitch....it's all around you and you don't even know it...

  3. #183
    Scarab Lord Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    4,581
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Liberals everywhere in this bitch....it's all around you and you don't even know it...
    by all means .....enlighten us. if you are just here to spout shit then stick a foot in it.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by fender010 View Post
    I guess if algebra is liberal, then ignorance and stupidity must be the conservative agenda.
    In Texas they tried to remove teaching of critical thinking in schools a while ago, because it could lead to questioning established authority and beliefs (their own words, not mine), so it must be.

  5. #185
    Legendary! Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Liberals everywhere in this bitch....it's all around you and you don't even know it...
    k tell me what I'm doing wrong and I'll try to fix it if there's actually something wrong

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    k tell me what I'm doing wrong and I'll try to fix it if there's actually something wrong
    Do you notice and recognize Miracles?

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Do you notice and recognize Miracles?
    I believe in miracles
    Where're you from,
    you sexy thing, you
    sexy thang you
    I believe in miracles
    since u came along,
    you sexy thing

  8. #188
    Legendary! Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Do you notice and recognize Miracles?
    Sure, miracles that can be explained. Do you believe in reason and logic?

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Sure, miracles that can be explained.
    If they can be explained then they're a natural phenomena.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I believe in miracles
    Where're you from,
    you sexy thing, you
    sexy thang you
    I believe in miracles
    since u came along,
    you sexy thing
    That's a better song! Then what I was thinking of:


  11. #191
    Legendary! Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    That's a better song! Then what I was thinking of:

    haha one of my favs

    If they can be explained then they're a natural phenomena.
    shhhh

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    haha one of my favs



    shhhh
    I was trying to (poorly) summarize the typical conservative pundit arguments regarding liberals in a lyrical form, I don't want to give the impression I agree with those people or arguments - or even to endorse the Insane Clown Posse.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It's always good to look for the source material and evaluate what you read no matter where you read it. Most of the time Fox gets shit wrong (horribly wrong), but I happen to think in this instance that the article linked in the OP is misleading and not accurately portraying what was actually said on the segment.
    Even so, you still have Fox sifting through the hundreds or thousands of worksheets that Scholastic produces to find one that they can spin for the inbred bunker-dwelling neanderthal crowd.

  14. #194
    This thread is misleading...they are attacking the method for teaching the distributive property and how it suggests distributing the wealth. They are not attacking the subject matter actually being taught. Does it have a "potential" political undertone? Yes, but it is very unlikely that it is intentional and pretty much impossible that it will in any way affect the thinking of a child later in life, and so that makes it still propaganda.

    The idiots making this argument acknowledge that they don't understand what it is (which is sad, it is basic algebra) and proceed to make themselves out to be even dumber than just a lack of simple elementary math skills. But in no way do they say that the teaching of the distributive property is liberal indoctrination. They are taking issue with how it is presented only.

    As much as I hate to defend fox news, you are spinning this just as much as they spin things which helps no one. You are just as bad as they are either in your lack of understanding what you are actually talking about or in some attempt at spreading propaganda...or both not sure which but either way please think about what you say and the potential consequences of being an enabler and encouraging people to not think for themselves and to think irrationally.
    Last edited by Zylos; 2013-01-12 at 10:41 AM.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    There isn't much of a difference except for Obamacare, not declaring a war halfway across the world, subsidizing green energy instead of oil companies. Should there have been a bigger difference ? No.
    Obama doesn't have to declare wars when no one dares to touch his internationally illegal drone bombings against SUPPOSED enemy fighters with massive civilian casualties.

  16. #196
    At this point, I think I'm more worried about what Fox News' effect on the stupid people on the left is than it's effect on the stupid people of the right.

    I mean, seriously? Seriously? This many of you actually think he takes issue with algebra itself? It's rather frightening when given all the legitimate areas to criticize Fox News and even the right on, you still make shit up. Why do you have to create this fantasy of him hating algebra itself rather than him being paranoid over "indoctrination"?

    It's like Romney's 47% comment. He lumped 47% of america together as lazy and incapable of voting for someone other than the person who promises them more benefits. What do you do? You make shit up about him not caring about those 47% as if he thought they should crawl into a gutter and die. Seriously? He just insulted 47% of America but your only response is to make shit up?!

    At least this isn't as bad as that "Fox News Viewer average IQ is 80" that was posted before. Y'know. That one study that was published by a conservative non-profit think tank? The think tank that doesn't actually exist? The one attributed to a Dr. who, while might exist, clearly has no actual tie to any "conservative non-profit think tank" that doesn't exist? The one that came from the same place as an article talking about bigfoot DNA linking him to humans genealogically? The one that people on this board accepted without question and refused to believe wasn't true? Yeah, that was fucking pathetic.

    It's rather frightening to see people decrying inaccurate information, made up bullshit, and the news organization that spouts it by using their own inaccurate information and made up bullshit. You are no better than those people at Fox News, or those who watch it, that you so enjoy to mock. You fall for the same bullshit as they do so long as it has your desired slant to it. It is sad and fucking pathetic.
    Last edited by Xenofreak; 2013-01-12 at 11:45 AM.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    The public education system is in such a horrible state, full of misinformation and wrong information
    Which you know how? Because Rush Limbaugh and friends say so?

    Public education varies wildly. It depends on the district you're in. If nothing else in public school you won't be hearing about creationism or a 6,000 year old Earth, which is better than a lot of private schooling.

  18. #198
    The Patient Shredy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    244
    I don't even get surprised by things like this anymore...

  19. #199
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenofreak View Post
    At this point, I think I'm more worried about what Fox News' effect on the stupid people on the left is than it's effect on the stupid people of the right.

    I mean, seriously? Seriously? This many of you actually think he takes issue with algebra itself? It's rather frightening when given all the legitimate areas to criticize Fox News and even the right on, you still make shit up. Why do you have to create this fantasy of him hating algebra itself rather than him being paranoid over "indoctrination"?

    It's like Romney's 47% comment. He lumped 47% of america together as lazy and incapable of voting for someone other than the person who promises them more benefits. What do you do? You make shit up about him not caring about those 47% as if he thought they should crawl into a gutter and die. Seriously? He just insulted 47% of America but your only response is to make shit up?!

    At least this isn't as bad as that "Fox News Viewer average IQ is 80" that was posted before. Y'know. That one study that was published by a conservative non-profit think tank? The think tank that doesn't actually exist? The one attributed to a Dr. who, while might exist, clearly has no actual tie to any "conservative non-profit think tank" that doesn't exist? The one that came from the same place as an article talking about bigfoot DNA linking him to humans genealogically? The one that people on this board accepted without question and refused to believe wasn't true? Yeah, that was fucking pathetic.

    It's rather frightening to see people decrying inaccurate information, made up bullshit, and the news organization that spouts it by using their own inaccurate information and made up bullshit. You are no better than those people at Fox News, or those who watch it, that you so enjoy to mock. You fall for the same bullshit as they do so long as it has your desired slant to it. It is sad and fucking pathetic.
    It's still fucking stupid.

    Kids don't pay attention to the wording of math problems. Neither do math teachers. Jesus. "Distribute this rich girl's money" isn't going to subliminally turn someone into a goddamn liberal.

    And his whole argument is stupid.

    "Schools are teaching kids that the US Government, not cowboys, killed the Indians." That's because, the US government killed the Indians. Who do you think employed General Custer? It was the American military killing the Indians. This isn't "liberal bias," this is historical fact.

    "Schools are teaching that George Bush invaded Iraq because he incorrectly believed there to be weapons of mass destruction." I don't know where you were in 2003, but I do recall this being George Bush's fucking argument, and I do recall WMDs NOT being found. Again, historical fact

    Maybe it isn't schools having this "liberal bias." Maybe it's reality that has a liberal bias. . .

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  20. #200
    or the teachings of christ :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •