Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord Mylaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, NS, Canada
    Posts
    151

    Game Master dispute with being scammed

    I'd like to hear your comments if I was treated fairly or not.

    http://imgur.com/a/Ll37e#llfQu

    I didn't link the images directly because I wasn't sure if they would exceed the maximum resolution allowed per thread.

  2. #2
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    10,327
    So... you paid someone to sign your charter, and they bailed on you?

  3. #3
    Well, they said they aren't able to support it. Also, 1k isn't really that much to make a big deal over.

  4. #4
    High Overlord Mylaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, NS, Canada
    Posts
    151
    @Kasierith, pretty much.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:04 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Alidori View Post
    Well, they said they aren't able to support it. Also, 1k isn't really that much to make a big deal over.
    3k and I know it's not a lot but it was the way it was handled.

  5. #5
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    10,327
    Than I don't see what Blizzard can really do; such enforcement is out of their hands, as the Blue said. I have never heard of Blizzard refunding gold for out of game trades either, and I have no idea how they could have such oversight in that situation.

  6. #6
    I can't describe atm how wrong you were and I don't think it matters. You are only asking to get support for your crappy attitude and lack of knowledge.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylaa View Post
    @Kasierith, pretty much.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:04 AM ----------



    3k and I know it's not a lot but it was the way it was handled.
    "2k for the first and 1k for the second" Looks like you got the first sig, so you only wasted 1k. Actually, you wasted 3k because who the hell pays 3k for sigs? Buy a friend to make an alt, its cheaper.

  8. #8
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,675
    You paid 1k for a sig o.o? People on my realm would do it for 50g
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria/Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,005
    guild sigs on my server generally go for about 5g max

  10. #10
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,675
    OT: No, it was a trust trade, blizzard have never helped with those
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  11. #11
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,143
    First, your description of the situation wasn't very clear. You said "I sold a guild charter to [guy] for 1k." That statement would indicate that you RECEIVED 1000g. But what I think happened is that you were paying people for guild charter signatures, and that's what the GM response said.

    First comment, WTF are you doing paying 1000g for guild signatures? Get any random Joe to buy a signature for 10g. So, your bad.

    Second, it looked like the GM was pretty clear. They don't restore stuff that isn't a true item trade. He even gave examples.

    Chalk up the loss. One, you were silly to pay so much. Two, it's just gold, don't get so bent out of shape about it.

  12. #12
    Field Marshal Ieatsouls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston MA / Nashville TN
    Posts
    87
    What the GM said would be correct, Blizzard did implement the Guild Charter system but they never made it so you could buy/sell signatures. If I was a GM I would tell you the same thing. He never called you or treated you like a criminal at all so why even bring that into the convo?? He stated that they can not refund your gold an I will give you the main reason why he can't It's Hearsay, I could come up with the same story an it be a lie. An being a player for 6 years (Which I have been playing since beta) does not mean you should get special treatment... I might have been on your side if you not emailed back with such disrespect.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans Theodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,818
    Offer a small amount and people will be too lazy to take advantage of it and rip you off. If you offer large amounts of gold then the chances you'll attract people like that increase exponentially with the amount offered.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

  14. #14
    fair

    if blizzard is supposed to do heavy research, discussing, surveying and whatever for every 1k someone loses cause he wasn't careful in the first place the real problems would not be handled anymore... and if you hand over money to someone they can't really figure out if it was a present or for doing something, especially after logging to a different character. it's not even clear that this person did realize that the signing didn't go through the 2nd time... and its only a scam if he intended to do it like this in the first place which he didn't

    you should have spent your time on farming instead of writing emails, tickets, forum entries etc then you would have your 1k back already

    btw: if you pay 1K!!! for a signature you probably have too much money anyway

  15. #15
    High Overlord Mylaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, NS, Canada
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Ieatsouls View Post
    What the GM said would be correct, Blizzard did implement the Guild Charter system but they never made it so you could buy/sell signatures. If I was a GM I would tell you the same thing. He never called you or treated you like a criminal at all so why even bring that into the convo?? He stated that they can not refund your gold an I will give you the main reason why he can't It's Hearsay, I could come up with the same story an it be a lie. An being a player for 6 years (Which I have been playing since beta) does not mean you should get special treatment... I might have been on your side if you not emailed back with such disrespect.
    Your understanding of disrespect is strange. Telling them how I feel and how I think I'm being mistreated it's not like I'm going them a prick or an ass it's called being irate.

  16. #16
    I usually just ask them to sign for free, and I put in a 10g withdrawal limit in the gbank for them afterwards...

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylaa View Post
    Your understanding of disrespect is strange. Telling them how I feel and how I think I'm being mistreated it's not like I'm going them a prick or an ass it's called being irate.
    No its how the GM told you "no" very nicely and clearly, and then you suddenly go to the "valued customer" card and how they refuse to help you when you have been wronged even when its your own damn fault. But in stead of blaming yourself you blame blizzard for treating you unfairly. You are every customer service worker's nightmare.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

  19. #19
    How did they treat you like a criminal? They just said they don't support those kinds of agreements...

    They don't get involved in any trades that don't involve actual items in game. No where in there did the GM say anything disrespectful or treat you like a "criminal"

  20. #20
    High Overlord Mylaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, NS, Canada
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    No its how the GM told you "no" very nicely and clearly, and then you suddenly go to the "valued customer" card and how they refuse to help you when you have been wronged even when its your own damn fault. But in stead of blaming yourself you blame blizzard for treating you unfairly. You are every customer service worker's nightmare.
    I worked for an inbound call center before and I know exactly how it can go.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •