Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    fact remains you bought something without checking to see what you were buying. You can spin it how you want the fault is yours for not looking into what you are buying.
    How could anyway have checked it? Beta only showed the game until Skeleton King, no one could anticipate how end game gearing nor balance would pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    How could anyway have checked it? Beta only showed the game until Skeleton King, no one could anticipate how end game gearing nor balance would pan out.
    Never trust a game that won't show you everything it involves during testing.

Blizz said they could handle testing themselves, haaaahaha

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Well for one eventual pvp. Hell even the developers said it would be a disaster if it wasn't out by now. So much for that. Other than that your question is a stupid trap and a silly one. The developers never actually PROMISE anything because then they can be liable. What I did expect and what they really advertised directly or as subtext was that the game would be fun. A "blast" in other words. As much as the previous games were. It was not.
    So your complaint is they didn't deliver what they were suppose to but you can't say what that is. Got it.

"a blast" is subjective and not wrong. I did have a blast and so did many of my friends that played it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 01:07 PM ----------

act 1 was a pretty good indicator and how the rest of the game was imo.

Another way would be to not buy it as soon as it releases. you can always wait for reveiws and other people to play it first. If you really care about playing a game you enjoy and not just the new shinnies you can find a way.

And yeah you can. They said it was going to be like diablo 2. Which was a major grind. I'm not going to mention how many baal/meph/hell runs I did for gear in D2. D3 is almost exactly the same.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2013-01-16 at 06:08 PM.

fact remains you bought something without checking to see what you were buying. You can spin it how you want the fault is yours for not looking into what you are buying.

I'm at a fan site. I'm here to discuss the game with other people that enjoy the game. Not to see people post in every thread how they hate the game and everyone who likes the game is retarded.
    2 things you are wrong about.

1. You could not check and see how the game was before release cause even in beta you only got up to the skeleton king on normal mode.

2. Wrong this is a forum site not a fan site 2 way different things on forum sites people state there opinion on the topic at hand. In this case its about diablo 3 if you don't like seeing other peoples opinion the please find a different site that fits your needs/style.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    2 things you are wrong about.

1. You could not check and see how the game was before release cause even in beta you only got up to the skeleton king on normal mode.

2. Wrong this is a forum site not a fan site 2 way different things on forum sites people state there opinion on the topic at hand. In this case its about diablo 3 if you don't like seeing other peoples opinion the please find a different site that fits your needs/style.

I don't mind seeing others opinion really. Just like I don't mind discussing them. As you say I am on a forum. What I hate to see is people that don't want to dicuss they on'y want to hate on a game.

You don't HAVE to buy a game on release. If you are not sure if you will like it you should in fact not buy it on release.

Deleted

I'm at a fan site. I'm here to discuss the game with other people that enjoy the game. Not to see people post in every thread how they hate the game and everyone who likes the game is retarded.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/857610-TonyIommi
    Diablo 3956
    Your #1 posting section is about a game you don't like. It is not healthy to sit on anger and hate so much.

Meanwhile
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/690964-slozon
    General Discussions1,314General Off-Topic530Diablo 3479

I post half as much as you. Yet every thread I see in this section has Your opinion in it.
    Don't bother replying to him.
    If you just pay attention to what he says in this thread it's basically the same thing over and over again: "failed to innovate" "failed to live up to predecesor". It's not adding to other people's opinion or commenting on them it's just reiterating the same point over and over again to stir a reaction.

Sometimes the report button is your best friend.

I disagree, the first 12-14 levels gives no indication at all how end game would turn out.

Another way would be to not buy it as soon as it releases. you can always wait for reveiws and other people to play it first. If you really care about playing a game you enjoy and not just the new shinnies you can find a way.
    Why should we have to? I really can't think of any other product except movies where you are kept so much in the dark, especially none where you can't file a complaint/get reimbursement if the seller fail to deliver.

bullshit act 1 was not a good indicator on anything.

People didn't know inferno mode would be so broken at release only a handful who made millions would even be able to make a dent in it.
    People didn't know the story would be site compared to D2+LOD.

People didn't know blizzard would force you to play there way and the way they think is fun "when it is not fun"
    People didn't know blizzard forgot the true meaning to what a ARPG is.

and finally people did not know it would take blizzard over a year to release pvp. Since they scrapped the current TDM setup pvp won't be in the game until at lease spring.

Dueling is a big ass slap in the face to those waiting for true pvp to happen in d3.

Diablo 3 was rushed out to fill in the gape of DS and MOP sorry no one can tell me different on this. D3 should have not been released in the state it was in or even in the state its in now.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 06:14 PM ----------

I don't mind seeing others opinion really. Just like I don't mind discussing them. As you say I am on a forum. What I hate to see is people that don't want to dicuss they on'y want to hate on a game.

You don't HAVE to buy a game on release. If you are not sure if you will like it you should in fact not buy it on release.
    if your a fan of Diablo 1 and 2 you will buy 3 in hopes that its still a great game.

Blizzard knew this would happen and it worked out for them but the fans of D1/D2 got shit on because of blizzard being lazy with the game.

I have said it many times over and ill say it once more. D3 was the filler raid blizzard released from DS to MOP so the bleeding in subs would slow down at that time.

Why you think they gave it away for free if you subbed for a year.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-16 at 06:15 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    bullshit act 1 was not a good indicator on anything.

People didn't know inferno mode would be so broken at release only a handful who made millions would even be able to make a dent in it.
    People didn't know the story would be site compared to D2+LOD.

People didn't know blizzard would force you to play there way and the way they think is fun "when it is not fun"
    People didn't know blizzard forgot the true meaning to what a ARPG is.

and finally people did not know it would take blizzard over a year to release pvp. Since they scrapped the current TDM setup pvp won't be in the game until at lease spring.

Dueling is a big ass slap in the face to those waiting for true pvp to happen in d3.

Diablo 3 was rushed out to fill in the gape of DS and MOP sorry no one can tell me different on this. D3 should have not been released in the state it was in or even in the state its in now.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 06:14 PM ----------

if your a fan of Diablo 1 and 2 you will buy 3 in hopes that its still a great game.

Blizzard knew this would happen and it worked out for them but the fans of D1/D2 got shit on because of blizzard being lazy with the game.

I have said it many times over and ill say it once more. D3 was the filler raid blizzard released from DS to MOP so the bleeding in subs would slow down at that time.

Why you think they gave it away for free if you subbed for a year.

They said before relase inferno would be hard. Very few would clear it at release. This was designed on purpose. and went just as they expected.

As I said it was a good indicator for me. You know opinions and all.

Define force you to play their way? As I understand it there are many different build you can use now for each class.
    Story = subjective.
    What is the true meaning of a Arpg?

If you bought the game for pvp why did you buy it without? They said long before release pvp would not be released until they felt it was right. If you wanted pvp you shouldn't have bought it yet.

Didn't like 1. Thought 2 was great, and I think 3 follows right behind 2.

You will not find many companies that don't do some kind of sale/promotion from time to time.

If you bought the game for pvp why did you buy it without? They said long before release pvp would not be released until they felt it was right. If you wanted pvp you shouldn't have bought it yet.
    I forget, how long was it up for pre-order before the PvP removal announcement?

You will not find many companies that don't do some kind of sale/promotion from time to time.
    Doesn't change how obvious the reasons for it was.

10+ Year Old Account

Doesn't change how obvious the reasons for it was.
    Rift just had a sale. they must be in trouble also huh?

You can't cancel a pre-order anymore? This is new.

Were you able to pre-order it before they announced that? <- asking honestly as I don't know.

It happen about 2 weeks before release maybe 3 weeks.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 06:44 PM ----------

What is the true meaning of a Arpg?

The true meaning/fun of a ARPG is grinding gear to the point where you feel like a god and steam roll everything.
    In D3 everytime someone gets near this blizzard go's OOOO NOOOO that was not ment to be and nerfs the hell out of something. they treat D3 like wow "Enrage timers roflmao"

I personally didn't buy it for pvp i bought it for story and D3's story was shit. If I wanted to youtube a story I would have but I rather play it and see it myself.

As I have said and many others have proven with D3 you didn't get to know everything you needed to just based on reviews or beta.

D3 is not a 60$ game at most its a 30$ game maybe 35$.

D3 was released to fill in the gape from DS to MOP if it wasn't there would not have been a AP to try to keep people subbed. Only thing D3 did do great was slow down the sub bleeding wow had at that time.

I'm sure you will disagree with me and that is fine everyone has there own opinion and this one is mine.

Were you able to pre-order it before they announced that? <- asking honestly as I don't know.
    Don't know dates, I do know it was on pre-order in stores at least a month before the PvP announcement though, probably far longer than that.

Rift just had a sale. they must be in trouble also huh?
    That's not the reason.

You can't cancel a pre-order anymore? This is new.
    Quite sure more would have if Blizzard had a full game beta and announced that it would take almost a year to get basic duels in and that TDM wouldn't see the light of day.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not the reason.
    You think. You don' t have proof for either case.

You think. You don' t have proof for either case.
    And you don't have it to say otherwise either, common sense and some deeper analysis makes the reasons fairly obvious, if you can't see that I'm sorry but that's just being blind, great strategy on Blizzard's behalf though, still doesn't make it less obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you don't have it to say otherwise either, common sense and some deeper analysis makes the reasons fairly obvious, if you can't see that I'm sorry but that's just being blind, great strategy on Blizzard's behalf though, still doesn't make it less obvious.

I say people are leaving rift because bots are becoming a problem. To combat this and try to get new players in they decided to have a sale.

There you go. Logic your way.

You are really going to try and say they had a sale because they new before had that it was going to be the best selling pc game ever and people were going to hate it.

If you ask me it was a promotion to keep those that like wow and diablo 3 subbed to WoW as a reward they would get D3 free. I see no trick in there at all.

I say people are leaving rift because bots are becoming a problem. To combat this and try to get new players in they decided to have a sale.

There you go. Logic your way.
    I'm sorry I was under the impression we where talking about D3, Blizzard and WoW promotions, not Rift and their reasons for having a promotion, silly of me I know.

You are really going to try and say they had a sale because they new before had that it was going to be the best selling pc game ever and people were going to hate it.

If you ask me it was a promotion to keep those that like wow and diablo 3 subbed to WoW as a reward they would get D3 free. I see no trick in there at all.
    No I'm saying it's quite obvious that they knew their release schedule and that Diablo 3 would cost them subscribers as it would be released around 6 months after the latest WoW raid (with more than 4 months until the next expansion) and as such a big chunk of the players would be done with it ready to drop their subscriptions until the next expansion. Giving away Diablo 3 for the commitment of a 12 month subscription not only helped them save some of the natural subscriber loss but also keep people in the game and social ties that comes with it, but also bolster their subscriber numbers for the next 12 months for their financial reports and Diablo 3 sales numbers by default.

Trust me, kindness and rewarding people for liking and being subscribed to WoW had very little if anything to do with it, something clearly supported by looking at the non existence of loyalty rewards in WoW.

So your complaint is they didn't deliver what they were suppose to but you can't say what that is. Got it.

"a blast" is subjective and not wrong. I did have a blast and so did many of my friends that played it.[COLOR=red]
    But I did say it. They didn't deliver a fun product. Act 1 wasn't enough to check that out. It's okay for you to like trash, that doesn't mean they didn't fail to deliver fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    But I did say it. They didn't deliver a fun product. Act 1 wasn't enough to check that out. It's okay for you to like trash, that doesn't mean they didn't fail to deliver fun.

Again subjective. I had fun you didn't. Neither of us is right or wrong here.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 02:23 PM ----------

Trust me, kindness and rewarding people for liking and being subscribed to WoW had very little if anything to do with it, something clearly supported by looking at the non existence of loyalty rewards in WoW.
    Opinion and you have nothing to back it up. Just like you can't disprove my theory about rift.

Opinion and you have nothing to back it up. Just like you can't disprove my theory about rift.
    Not more than what conclusions we can draw from Trion's past behavior when it comes to sales, as for my view on Blizzard's motives, I already explained my logic but can always expand on that with the most common defense for Blizzard's actions, how was it now again...ohh yes, they are a business and will think and act like one.