Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Well, I uninstalled and sent WoW on its merry way of downloading last night.

After sitting in game for about 5 minutes, I had no spikes, and my latency was actually better than my last clean install. (now in the 20s)

I will post again if this holds true after I get back from class today.

Edit: Yes, in the past few days, I was able to see spikes within minutes of entering the game. Sometimes just after I logged in.
    Last edited by Idrinkwhiterussians; 2013-01-14 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

10+ Year Old Account
    did you have the wowhead reporting addon?

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not have that addon. I had DBM, Skada and ACP (addon control panel) installed after my first fresh install.

I had no problems until this past week myself, and that only after Tuesday. (love the rolling restarts)

Edit: I think I (sort of) found the problem (but don't have a real solution, yet, though), For anyone who has a similar problem
    Apparently, anyone who has telus, within Canada, can experiance these large latency spikes. Some people have reported it being randomly fixed.
    The only thing that I could find so far, in terms of fixes... is to just switch ISPs.
    The problem itself is old, but there has been alot of people who have been reporting this over the last few days.
    Last edited by Araestira; 2013-01-15 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update for me: I live nowhere in Canada, but have been having the same issues. I have not had them once with D3, the internet, or while downloading anything (except for WoW stuff)

My latency AGAIN shot up today, even after the fresh install and NO addons being installed.

After getting a canned response, I am pretty sure I am not going to get any more help on this issue within WoW.

Do you guys use spotify for music by any chance? There desktop client is p2p and will randomly spike and use all ur upload at once. It's a giant pos that destroys ur latency in games. If you do I would recommend switching to another service.

Quote Originally Posted by chadashcroft22 View Post
    Do you guys use spotify for music by any chance? There desktop client is p2p and will randomly spike and use all ur upload at once. It's a giant pos that destroys ur latency in games. If you do I would recommend switching to another service.
    I personally do not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. All music is on my secondary hard drive. No online music stuff. :/

I've been fighting the latency issue since Wednesday the 9th. I've never had any issues before and use business class routers and internet service. My speed test show 17mb download and 12mb upload. It's impossible to raid atm. I've reinstalled wow and the same thing. Turned off all my addons and still the same. Tonight I'm running 3255 World latency.

I was told maybe the cross realm traffic/raiding is causing the issue......

Things I would check are go into router and make sure nobody is on the network that isn't supposed to be. While your in there might as well reboot your modem and router as well. Next thing I would turn off UPnP in router settings because it's a huge security risk on most routers.

Next I would check internet usage stats and compare them to other months. If you notice a huge increase in bandwidth usage on the months where you have this crazy high latency there is a good chance either somebody is on your wifi/network or you are getting ddosed. You need to reset you ip if the former and tighten security if otherwise.

And last but not least make sure you don't have some p2p program anywhere on the network.