Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire High Priestess Ishanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Draenor, with Yrel and Maraad
    Posts
    379

    Aethas Sunreaver should not lead the Sunreaver Onslaught

    topic. I don't think for a second that he was guilty of the crimes he was accused of, but noone can deny that he did a bad job of policing his people. Garrosh-loving traitors undermined the sunreaver's already precarious position in the Kirin Tor, and Aethas could have done something about it if he wasnt silly enough to think Songweaver alone was the bad egg.

    Lor'themar put it best in In the shadow of the sun- Aethas was too young, idealistic and inexperienced for the place he had carved out for himself in Dalaran.

    Lor'themar, Halduron and Rommath should lead the Sunreaver Onslaught.

  2. #2
    Brewmaster ghostblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The edge of dark space!
    Posts
    1,316
    lor'themar is the Head commander of the Sunreaver Onslaught,

    Halduron is the Ranger-general and Rommath is in charge of the blood magi and saved Sunreaver forces
    The name they choose is more "this is the reason, why we go too war"

  3. #3
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,212
    Actually, just because members of a faction, which tries to remain neutral, end up going behind that faction leaders back doesn't make the faction leader a bad leader, not when his ideals were for something good. Its just rotten eggs in a clutch of fresh ones.

    Aethas though should be part of this, Jaina came in from nowhere, took leadership, and ruined everything he worked for, and even killed innocent people he was leading. He owes it to those sunreavers to get back at the kirin tor and spill some of there blood.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  4. #4
    Nah, I prefer to have Lor'themar as a Warchief and have others focus on the offensive.

  5. #5
    Kind of curious, though - if Lorthemar is leading the Sunreaver Onslaught... who's running Silvermoon?

    Is there going to be a regent regent-lord?

    Are we going to see the rise of a new leader? Or has Lorthemar gotten tired of seeing no action and wants to head to the front lines?

  6. #6
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    12,810
    I wouldn't mind him in a position of power (this Onslaught bears his namesake, after all)... but yeah, not the main one. Lor'themar, Rommath and Halduron are a lot more savvy than he is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Kind of curious, though - if Lorthemar is leading the Sunreaver Onslaught... who's running Silvermoon?
    I'm sure he has a few people to run things in his absence; quite a few other faction leaders have been in a similar position as of late. Tyrande, Varian, Garrosh, Vol'jin and Baine have all been out fighting on Pandaria.

    Silvermoon isn't really facing much of a crisis these days, after all.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-12-22 at 10:54 PM.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,697
    As already stated, Lor'themar is leading the Onslaught, not Aethas. But I do feel Aethas should be around.
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

  8. #8
    I'd really like to see Aethas leading this thing. I mean, so far we didn't see much about him. He is this "try hard neutral" guy, trying his best to stay in good relations with everybody, trying to keep neutrality but getting often riddiculed. And now he is a broken man, who believed in something strong, and it all shattered. Thats a great start for character developement. Is he going to go full furious and angry like Jaina, or is he going to keep his ideas and do his best to get Dalaran back on neutral tracks, even going as far as to forgive High Elves?

    And one more thing. This can lead up to the best mage clash in the history of WoW. Jaina, often said to be probably the greatest mage in Azeroth, master of teleportation and frost, versus Aethas, whose powers we've never really seen, but they certainly are great. And most likely fire related. Yes, Fire vs Ice duel - would love to see it.

    Another interesting thing: how would other personas in Horde react to Sunreaver Onslaught? Is Garrosh going to send troops to help, mending the broken relations with Blood Elves a little bit? Is Lor'Themar going to lead the army marching for Dalaran? What about Rommath, is he going to cooperate with Aethas?

    In other words, based on how epic the 5.1 chain was (not counting the ending, most stupid thing ever), I've got high expectations here

  9. #9
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post

    Another interesting thing: how would other personas in Horde react to Sunreaver Onslaught? Is Garrosh going to send troops to help, mending the broken relations with Blood Elves a little bit? Is Lor'Themar going to lead the army marching for Dalaran? What about Rommath, is he going to cooperate with Aethas?
    HA! Thats a joke, Garrosh doesn't mend fences, he demands obedience and for even the faction leaders to get in line with his orders.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    HA! Thats a joke, Garrosh doesn't mend fences, he demands obedience and for even the faction leaders to get in line with his orders.
    I just want our main villian to have at least one functioning brain cell and try to save some alliances, not for the sake of the Horde, but for his own good. But yes, the most probable thing is that Garrosh will show up there with another freaking Mogu artifact shouting "AETHAS MAGE YOU! YOUR ELVES ARE SMALL AND WEAK, I MAKE DEM SHA" and annihilate half of the Onslaught just because plothole. I'm just saying that having a villian acting like a sane person would be nice time to time.

  11. #11
    The Patient Thornvale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    270
    It'll likely just be the Silvermoon hierarchy. Lor'themar > Halduron and Rommath. Seeing as Lor'themar merged the Sunreavers and Rommath's magi, it's unclear where Aethas will fit in all this. Maybe he could take a high-ranking position amongst the mages and/or assist Rommath. Whatever the case, Lor'themar is calling the shots. And he's mad, yo.

  12. #12
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I just want our main villian to have at least one functioning brain cell and try to save some alliances, not for the sake of the Horde, but for his own good. But yes, the most probable thing is that Garrosh will show up there with another freaking Mogu artifact shouting "AETHAS MAGE YOU! YOUR ELVES ARE SMALL AND WEAK, I MAKE DEM SHA" and annihilate half of the Onslaught just because plothole. I'm just saying that having a villian acting like a sane person would be nice time to time.
    You know well enough Garrosh isn't that kind of character. The thing with power, and control, its that it erodes any sense kind of sanity a person has, if they govern the power for themselves. Villains who want power always end up either becoming insane or doing insane things.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Aethas though should be part of this, Jaina came in from nowhere, took leadership, and ruined everything he worked for, and even killed innocent people he was leading. He owes it to those sunreavers to get back at the kirin tor and spill some of there blood.
    Wrong. Jaina came in to replace Rhonin, killed because of the scheming scumbaggery of a Sunreaver. Still the Sunreavers remained in the Kirin Tor and VOTED for Jaina. She didn't just storm in like some Warchief and take power in a bloody coup and started barking orders. Before the Sunreavers stabbed her in the back to help the Horde get another Weapon of Mass Destruction (for all intents and purposes), things they've already used aggressively and without second thought, she was happy with the neutrality her city represented. When she was betrayed, a second time, she began to ARREST them, those who resisted arrest got killed outright. Welcome to Martial Law. She could've gotten to the bottom of it, found those responsible for breaching her ward and taken care of them, then let the others go and the issue would've resolved itself. Instead the Blood Elves launched an assault on the city to rescue their criminal friends.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Kind of curious, though - if Lorthemar is leading the Sunreaver Onslaught... who's running Silvermoon?

    Is there going to be a regent regent-lord?

    Are we going to see the rise of a new leader? Or has Lorthemar gotten tired of seeing no action and wants to head to the front lines?
    Liadrin, maybe. Or they'll just do what they're doing with Baine Bloodhoof, and pretend as if he's still there. Lorewise, Baine is in Pandaria right now and there is no one leading Thunder Bluff.


    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Wrong. Jaina came in to replace Rhonin, killed because of the scheming scumbaggery of a Sunreaver. Still the Sunreavers remained in the Kirin Tor and VOTED for Jaina. She didn't just storm in like some Warchief and take power in a bloody coup and started barking orders. Before the Sunreavers stabbed her in the back to help the Horde get another Weapon of Mass Destruction (for all intents and purposes), things they've already used aggressively and without second thought, she was happy with the neutrality her city represented. When she was betrayed, a second time, she began to ARREST them, those who resisted arrest got killed outright. Welcome to Martial Law. She could've gotten to the bottom of it, found those responsible for breaching her ward and taken care of them, then let the others go and the issue would've resolved itself. Instead the Blood Elves launched an assault on the city to rescue their criminal friends.
    Except the part where, you know, it was only ONE Sunreaver that was responsible for taking the Divine Bell. That's all there is to it. There was no order from Aethas for Fanlyr (the blood elf that did it) to do what he did, he did it on his own. If anything, Jaina should be angry at Lor'themar for helping Fanlyr out, not the Sunreavers as a whole. Jaina jumped the gun and decided to blame the entirety of the Sunreavers, instead of actually trying to find out who did so.
    Last edited by Penguintamer; 2012-12-22 at 11:51 PM.

  15. #15
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Wrong. Jaina came in to replace Rhonin, killed because of the scheming scumbaggery of a Sunreaver. Still the Sunreavers remained in the Kirin Tor and VOTED for Jaina. She didn't just storm in like some Warchief and take power in a bloody coup and started barking orders. Before the Sunreavers stabbed her in the back to help the Horde get another Weapon of Mass Destruction (for all intents and purposes), things they've already used aggressively and without second thought, she was happy with the neutrality her city represented. When she was betrayed, a second time, she began to ARREST them, those who resisted arrest got killed outright. Welcome to Martial Law. She could've gotten to the bottom of it, found those responsible for breaching her ward and taken care of them, then let the others go and the issue would've resolved itself. Instead the Blood Elves launched an assault on the city to rescue their criminal friends.
    You want a side of one sided bias ham with that sandwich Constellation? Least some people pay attention to the good and bad on both sides and doesn't constantly try to interpret events to make it seem one side is complete responsible. Seriously, give it a rest.

    Have you even played both side?
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  16. #16
    Dreadlord Black Kyurem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Belfast, Ireland
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You want a side of one sided bias ham with that sandwich Constellation? Least some people pay attention to the good and bad on both sides and doesn't constantly try to interpret events to make it seem one side is complete responsible. Seriously, give it a rest.

    Have you even played both side?
    Um Trassk I look through these forums a lot and you are undeniably the most biased Hordie I've ever seen. You shouldn't be calling out others for being biased when you are undeniably on par or even worse.

    Anyway, I can't see Garrosh letting Lor'Thermar run the show. I forsee this as the first pure 'rebel-Horde' faction, without Kor'kron involvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    I admire your passion for your favorite character, but If I were you I'd hesitate before drawing parallels between self-perceived societal malaise and how nerds feel about a fictional blob of green pixels created in 2001 by a guy called Chris.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Liadrin, maybe. Or they'll just do what they're doing with Baine Bloodhoof, and pretend as if he's still there. Lorewise, Baine is in Pandaria right now and there is no one leading Thunder Bluff.




    Except the part where, you know, it was only ONE Sunreaver that was responsible for taking the Divine Bell. That's all there is to it. There was no order from Aethas for Fanlyr (the blood elf that did it) to do what he did, he did it on his own. If anything, Jaina should be angry at Lor'themar for helping Fanlyr out, not the Sunreavers as a whole. Jaina jumped the gun and decided to blame the entirety of the Sunreavers, instead of actually trying to find out who did so.
    Play the Alliance version.

    You have no idea how many were involved, just that the Sunreavers were the ones.

    As such, what was done was justified. And again, She ARRESTED them. The ones who were killed were the ones who ATTACKED her, Vereesa, or the player. God forbid they defend themselves.

    They're an ARMY, not civilians. If one person steps out of line, they all get punished. It's with that with every army in the real world.

  18. #18
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    Um Trassk I look through these forums a lot and you are undeniably the most biased Hordie I've ever seen. You shouldn't be calling out others for being biased when you are undeniably on par or even worse.

    Anyway, I can't see Garrosh letting Lor'Thermar run the show. I forsee this as the first pure 'rebel-Horde' faction, without Kor'kron involvement.
    Sorry but if your accusation was right you'd also know I look at both sides of the story, like and dislike both sides of it, and express that. Sorry but I won't be called bias by others who I'm no way near as bad as they are.

    But letting it slide. Back on track, since this is about Aethas, lor'themar and there grudge against dalaran, if blizzard are brining dalaran into this, then the blood elves have more steak in this then anyone else now. Blizzard are also making the effort of developing the blood elves so they will be a key role in the coming raid.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 01:28 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Play the Alliance version.

    You have no idea how many were involved, just that the Sunreavers were the ones.

    As such, what was done was justified. And again, She ARRESTED them. The ones who were killed were the ones who ATTACKED her, Vereesa, or the player. God forbid they defend themselves.

    They're an ARMY, not civilians. If one person steps out of line, they all get punished. It's with that with every army in the real world.
    Have you played horde and alliance side, or just getting an alliance only perspective. Of course the alliance one is trying to convince you, the alliance player, that your side is right and thats the only way to interpret events. Try playing from the hordes side and see just how innocent the alliance is.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  19. #19
    This is brilliantly being played by Blizzard, like looking at a giant chessboard. Garrosh moved the first piece and that provoked a chain reaction, pulling neutral factions into the game and creating revenge scenarios that we can't tell which side is the right one. Two of the most peaceful and neutral characters are now swearing the destruction of each other's factions.

    It's no longer war for war sake, it's personal and I love it. After all, that's the reason I love Warcraft II.

  20. #20
    I sure hope we get some Liadrin presence as part of the campaign, maybe as a quest-giver, commanding the Blood Knights. Would be nice to /salute the boss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •