Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Brewmaster Sarithus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    It's probably because USB 2.0 speeds are too slow to record to the external HDD. Some of the frames probably have to be dropped.
    I appreciate input, but please read the rest of the thread.
    My Warrior
    Arms Proving Grounds Guide
    When you walk among the Black Forest...you will see.

  2. #42
    There could be multiple problems. As was said many times, your external doesn't have decent enough transfer rates to playback these uncompressed videos smoothly. Just because you have the problem with some of them on your internal doesn't mean that you can't have more than a single issue.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I appreciate input, but please read the rest of the thread.
    You just said you can't play the video,that you recorded on your internal HDD, from your external HDD. What makes you think you can record to it then?

  4. #44
    Brewmaster Sarithus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Cronus View Post
    There could be multiple problems. As was said many times, your external doesn't have decent enough transfer rates to playback these uncompressed videos smoothly. Just because you have the problem with some of them on your internal doesn't mean that you can't have more than a single issue.
    I came to terms with that fact long ago. My issue now is that my pc can't play the old raw wow files when transferred from the external, when it can play new raw files recorded to my pc. (The cs one)
    My Warrior
    Arms Proving Grounds Guide
    When you walk among the Black Forest...you will see.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    You just said you can't play the video,that you recorded on your internal HDD, from your external HDD. What makes you think you can record to it then?
    The problem you´re referring to has been adressed multiple times already.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    The problem you´re referring to has been adressed multiple times already.
    Then what are we arguing about then? We established that USB 2.0 is too slow to record or play raw FRAPS videos. What more is there to it?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Then what are we arguing about then? We established that USB 2.0 is too slow to record or play raw FRAPS videos. What more is there to it?

    The problem persists when files are transferred to internal drive.

  8. #48
    Brewmaster Sarithus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Then what are we arguing about then? We established that USB 2.0 is too slow to record or play raw FRAPS videos. What more is there to it?
    If you bothered to read a bit more you'd understand that the problem is with playing the files on my pc. I'm not bothered about playing them via the external anymore.
    My Warrior
    Arms Proving Grounds Guide
    When you walk among the Black Forest...you will see.

  9. #49
    There could be multiple problems. As was said many times, your external doesn't have decent enough transfer rates to playback these uncompressed videos smoothly. Just because you have the problem with some of them on your internal doesn't mean that you can't have more than a single issue.

  10. #50
    Only the videos that were originally recorded on the external HDD play badly when they are copied to the internal HDD. And that makes sense because you can't expect to start recording footage,that requires for example 40MB/s while the HDD can write at 20MB/s, and have all the frames saved.

  11. #51
    Brewmaster Sarithus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Only the videos that were originally recorded on the external HDD play badly when they are copied to the internal HDD. And that makes sense because you can't expect to start recording footage,that requires for example 40MB/s while the HDD can write at 20MB/s, and have all the frames saved.
    Just stop posting, please. No videos were ever recorded to an external. It's clear that you're not reading anything.
    My Warrior
    Arms Proving Grounds Guide
    When you walk among the Black Forest...you will see.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Just stop posting, please. No videos were ever recorded to an external. It's clear that you're not reading anything.
    I finally understood. I thought the videos were originally recorded on the HDD and stored on it.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Just stop posting, please. No videos were ever recorded to an external. It's clear that you're not reading anything.
    I know you're frustrated, but you should probably try to be a bit more courteous to the people attempting to help you. They'll aim their attention elsewhere if you're rude.

  14. #54
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,492
    what program are you playing the video files in?

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 16GB DDR3-2400 | GTX-980 | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | SuperNOVA 1Kw P2 | RV05
    Dell U3415w | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Zowie ZA11 | Xonar Essence One | Tannoy Reveal 402

  15. #55
    Brewmaster Sarithus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Cronus View Post
    I know you're frustrated, but you should probably try to be a bit more courteous to the people attempting to help you. They'll aim their attention elsewhere if you're rude.
    Be more courteous? The first time he was wrong and didn't bother to read anything I said 'I appreciate input, but please read the rest of the thread.' and then the second time he didn't bother to read anything I said 'PLEASE stop posting'.

    You can't get more courteous to a person that doesn't bother to read.
    My Warrior
    Arms Proving Grounds Guide
    When you walk among the Black Forest...you will see.

  16. #56
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,492
    anyway, choppy video playback from raw fraps files is fairly common, it's mainly due to WMP not being able to handle a 4GB file

    if you render/convert a clip to AVI or .264 or something and it is still there, then the choppyness is in the original video file and there is nothing you can do about it

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 16GB DDR3-2400 | GTX-980 | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | SuperNOVA 1Kw P2 | RV05
    Dell U3415w | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Zowie ZA11 | Xonar Essence One | Tannoy Reveal 402

  17. #57
    I can't watch uncompressed HD video on my 7200rpm HD. I need to put it on my 500GB SSD in order to watch it in real time.

  18. #58
    Hello. I had the exact same problem . When I tried to transfer my files back to my computer, the resulting playback was still problematic. The video was choppy and out of sync with the audio. I had almost resigned to the fact that my files were damaged, however, I did find a fix , although it requires some time and patience. If your data means a lot to you it is worth the time. In my case, many of my files were recorded from an HD camera that was set at a frame rate of 60 frames per second. Once I transferred to my external hard drive , it seemed to struggle to extrapolate that amount of data. Here is the fix. Provide yourself with a generous amount of space whether it be on your computer or a secondary external hard drive. Find a good and I emphasize good conversion program. I used Show Biz 5 because of the versatility and speed . Learn how to use it . I used the transfer to device tab and selected ps3 which uses MP4 compression at a video compression rate of approximately 8000 kb/s and audio at a rate of approximately 192 kb/s . With this particular program I had to do one file at a time , but it only takes around 7 to 10 minutes per file, so it does require some baby sitting. Alternatively, you can try a conversion program that allows you to add multiple files for conversion, but I found that this can take an incredibly long time . ( An hour or more per video depending on the length. For me the results were astounding . I had my videos back in perfect quality sound and picture .




    I'm having trouble with getting videos recorded from fraps that have been stored on my external HDD (iomega 1tb) to playback without stuttering. On most of the videos the audio plays fine, but the video is extremely choppy.

    What could be the cause of this, why is it happening and is there a fix? I have 500gb recorded WoW footage and I don't want to lose it.

    • I've tried playing the videos on everything from WMP to VLC, nothing changes.
    • I've copied a video from the HDD to my actual computer and played it then, but it's still choppy.




    Thanks for any help.

    (Not sure if this should be in off topic or computer)[/QUOTE]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •