Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina:

She tried a human, he didn't work out.

She tried a blood elf, he was to long and thin.

She tried an orc, he had the gurf and the thunderstorm, but even he didn't satisfy her lust for power.

In the end, it took a dragon to get there.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-01-12 at 11:41 PM.
    #boycottchina

That is not a conversion I would like to have with THAT kid.

Jaina : I'm I know it's your 18th birthday and I've got something to tell you.
    Child: Oh okay mom what is it.
    Jaina: Well you see you know your father is never around? that's because he is a dragon....
    Child: OOOO is that why I'm blue and covered in scales?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ugh, just think of what knakk would do with the child...

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I was kinda awed by this randomly visiting on the official forums and well this came up

How does that even work? Like okay half dragon half human.. um kids if they do actually be together yada yada. This lore's killing me
    Ok a Goddess and a Stag can have a child.
    An Earth Elemental and a Keeper of the Grove can have children.
    And you find this wierd?
    Dragons can take on Human (or other forms) form, and it's not justa n illution, they actually BECOME human (thought they are still dragons and have their powers) so it's obvious that they can mate with Humans if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I was kinda awed by this randomly visiting on the official forums and well this came up

How does that even work? Like okay half dragon half human.. um kids if they do actually be together yada yada. This lore's killing me
    Dragons have a avatar forum that is normally the same size as a human therefor when to people like each other......see where im going with this.

Even in D&D/Forgottem Realms lore Dragons have a Avatar forum that is the size of a human.

Also some food for though " In D&D lore if a human and a Dragon mate they have a half dragon and its considered a Abomination on both
    sides"

Also half dragons are the size of humans "always" with scale's on there skin.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Also next arc of warcraft story, Thrall + Aggra's child and Jaina + kalecgos child?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Immortal isn't the same as unkillable (although an immortal can be unkillable in some stories). Generally, both in fantasy/sci-fi and in WoW specifically, immortality only prevents death from old age. Some settings include being immune to diseases and poisons as well, although I don't know if WoW does.
    Immortal by the English language definition does make you unable to be killed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortality http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/immortal). Just because an author creates their own meaning for what Immortality means doesn't change the actual definition of the world. I could call all cars roses in a story but that doesn't mean the definition of rose changes.

Besides even people using stops aging as the definition for immortality are using it improperly. As Draenei still age since Velen appears older then most Draenei. http://www.wowpedia.org/Immortal is the only definition of what it means in WoW and none of its sources exist anymore so they might not be valid. Most of it still refers to an entity being unable to die just not immune from having their physical form destroyed.

Using immortality in place of does not age is an improper use of Immortality.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    Also next arc of warcraft story, Thrall + Aggra's child and Jaina + kalecgos child?
    next expansion thrall and jainas child are magically aged and they go on a journey with me'dan to fight raptor elune and the pantheon of murloc titans.

me'dan and the super friends featuring demon hunter as playable class.

im fine with that O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Yet, the term is used on fiction for a long long time by now.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2013-01-12 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First Arthas, then Thrall and Varian, and now a Dragon??

*cough* *skank* *cough* *cough*

Immortal by the English language definition does make you unable to be killed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortality http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/immortal). Just because an author creates their own meaning for what Immortality means doesn't change the actual definition of the world. I could call all cars roses in a story but that doesn't mean the definition of rose changes.

Besides even people using stops aging as the definition for immortality are using it improperly. As Draenei still age since Velen appears older then most Draenei. http://www.wowpedia.org/Immortal is the only definition of what it means in WoW and none of its sources exist anymore so they might not be valid. Most of it still refers to an entity being unable to die just not immune from having their physical form destroyed.

except the definition of not dying from old age or sickness came before the "not able to die at all" definition. thats why things like elves are defined as immortal in mythology

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    First Arthas, then Thrall and Varian, and now a Dragon??

*cough* *skank* *cough* *cough*
    she never dated varian,

so it would be kael'thas, then arthas, then thrall, then kalec
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

she never dated varian,

so it would be kael'thas, then arthas, then thrall, then kalec
    apparently vol'jin 'cleaned her pipes' too.
    #boycottchina

hope they don't break up. seeing as Kalec I'm sure would be a "hard" act to follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'm aware-- I'm not really arguing between mature and immature, or between "level 1 mature" and "level 5 mature."

I'm simply arguing that saying that Jaina is in any way a "child" in this relationship is false.
    Maturity aside, it is still possible for Kalec to consider Jaina a child.

I think someone mentioned developmental timescales for dogs and humans. While a dog may reach physical maturity faster than a human, they will never reach the mental development of even a human child. It's quite possible to be the exact same way with humans and dragons.

Based on Wrathion, dragons appear to have human adult levels of intelligence and mental development at birth. As capable as Wrathion is, he is still just a newborn dragon and still has much more mental and physical development to go. If Jaina has comparable intelligence to Wrathion, she still just has the mind of a child compared to Kalec.

10+ Year Old Account

Using the dictionary to say a word's definition is wrong when it's been used that way for centuries is actually an improper use of the dictionary. :P English has many quirks, and one of those is that it's a descriptive language, not a prescriptive language. That means that the broad use of a word is actually considered more correct than the dictionary definition, especially if the dictionary definition is almost never used.

And yes, there are several variations of immortality that appear in Warcraft, particularly in the difference between night elven immortality (never ages), draenei immortality (ages slowly but never dies), and the sort of Old God immortality that's appeared in WoW so far (can be physically destroyed but not killed).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    except the definition of not dying from old age or sickness came before the "not able to die at all" definition. thats why things like elves are defined as immortal in mythology
    Older cultures also believed the world was flat, does that mean that they were correct just because they made the first claim? Elves are only defined as immortal in mythology if they couldn't be killed. http://oxforddictionaries.com/defini...tal?q=Immortal has the origin of "late Middle English: from Latin immortalis, from in- 'not' + mortalis (see mortal)"

Just because some use it for not aging doesn't make it a proper use. It just makes it a practical use of the term for a story because very rarely will an author be able to deal with things that can't actually die. So they improperly term them Immortal when they merely won't age and/or have illness resistance.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Using the dictionary to say a word's definition is wrong when it's been used that way for centuries is actually an improper use of the dictionary. :P English has many quirks, and one of those is that it's a descriptive language, not a prescriptive language. That means that the broad use of a word is actually considered more correct than the dictionary definition, especially if the dictionary definition is almost never used.
    The dictionary definition is used all of the time. It also seems you don't understand what almost never actually means as well. Immortality in WoW has more to do with power then the classic definition of can not die. But even then all dragons are not considered Immortal because not all dragons have the same power. The dragon's we kill all the time in WoW zones aren't considered to be Immortal, heck http://www.wowpedia.org/Dragon doesn't even mention Immortality once.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-01-13 at 12:05 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Older cultures also believed the world was flat, does that mean that they were correct just because they made the first claim? Elves are only defined as immortal in mythology if they couldn't be killed. http://oxforddictionaries.com/defini...tal?q=Immortal has the origin of "late Middle English: from Latin immortalis, from in- 'not' + mortalis (see mortal)"

Just because some use it for not aging doesn't make it a proper use. It just makes it a practical use of the term for a story because very rarely will an author be able to deal with things that can't actually die. So they improperly term them Immortal when they merely won't age and/or have illness resistance.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 07:00 PM ----------

The dictionary definition is used all of the time. It also seems you don't understand what almost never actually means as well.
    Something that I learn as historian is that the words' meanings change with time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dictionary definition is used all of the time. It also seems you don't understand what almost never actually means as well.
    Not in fiction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh don't worry, he'll turn into megalomaniac and try to destroy the world in no time. We all know how Jaina's boyfriends end up.

So Jaina Proudwhore has gotten a new man to cling to... Wonder how long it'll take for it to spiral out of control like it does for all of her relationships.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.