Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    rbgs are retarded, anyone can get 2200 in literally a day just spamming trade looking for rbgs. my friend hit 90 a week ago and is alread 2400 rated in rbgs just by playing with randoms all day.
    This is called WINTRADE, not playing with randoms ...
    Blue gear and 2k+ rated bg is just not possible.

    It's is not easy to get 2,2 in rated bg, because you need a setup is most important then comes the skill.

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Matt0193's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    the point of 2200 "elite" gear is suppose to show that you are somewhat decent at this game, but that defeats the point when any baddie can get 2200 through rbgs
    Then have a special green title on your weapon that says "UB3R L337 PL4Y3R", does it really matter if it hits exactly the same as someone elses?
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  3. #23
    Dreadlord Roangut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The pumpkin patch
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The thing is, relatively few people care about or enjoy arena. To keep the best PvP gear in the game tied to something that many PvPers despise would be ridiculous. If you honestly think arena is the more skillful and fun way to PvP, suit yourself. But let people who feel that way about BGs do the same.

    Edit: I agree also with the post above. Gear should not be a factor in PvP. But, MMO PvP will never be balanced enough to truly be competitive anyway so they might as well have the gear there to keep people on the treadmill. I just wish they would give us some currency. PvPers need gems and enchants too.
    THIS.

    I have never been one to do well in arena because I have priorities. I'm not about to be a dick to my friends and go off and play games with strangers, who in turn would probably throw me in front of a bus if it could get him higher rating. I have done it before and I still feel bad about it and the guy who I went to do arena with did in fact wind up ditching me at some later point anyway. a few days ago I watched How to Become a Gladiator: the story of Poonxo just because I was kind of curious how someone new to the game apparently became gladiator? (I don't actually follow anything arena related) and this guy said the same thing, you probably will have to leave you friends and find players that are good fr your class and be the OP combo - which in itself is a idiotic idea.

    I think PvP should be about skill: NOT gear, NOT class - Skill. the problem I see is that arena is largely based around class, and the entire PvP system is based around gear. I remember asking my high rated friend about combos and it was always, "oh your X and I'm Y, thats not good this season." then I would proceed to ask about combos with my other friend "well, what about X and Z?" and he would say, "no X needs to play with U V or maybe W, just look in tradechat for one." we all had classes that we liked at the time and it just never seemed that the synergy existed with them, So I never got into arena.

    I personally like world pvp because I think that it adds a more real element to the fights. its not a duel like arena were everyone is ready, pvp on, focused up. You have to be on your toes and you use the environment to your advantage. If you are careless with your CDs, too bad they don't reset for you next fight. You can pick a fight, and next thing you know a rogue jumps in the fight as well. But that's just me; the next best pvp there is is RBGs, imo.

    RBGs are not only a test of who can mash buttons in the right order and chain CC, BGs are a whole other playing field. For example, my class has always been either a rogue, or some sort of tank (DK or Druid). Now my Tanks obviously shined as flag carriers and base anchors, but specifically I want to talk about my rogue. In random Bgs my rogue is usually at the bottom of the DPS charts, and the morons at the top have occasionally called me out on it. Thing is... I don't play to kill randoms, I play to win. I will stay stealthed and wait for the right moment to strike, and I'd say roughly 80% of the bases I go for I get (its the holding it that winds up being trouble - I can get it from 5 people, but I can't keep it from 5). I will often coordinate with my buddies to have them pick a fight and slowly kite them away from the flag, by the time they realize they've over extended its too late and I've called for backup. Basically, I'm very tactical when I pvp on any class I have because like I said, I play to win - not to kill. RBGs have a place for every class and combos that normally don't work well together or just don't have a place in the arena can shine. On top of all that you need to maintain composure the entire RBG as well, I've seen some wicked comebacks, been on both ends actually.

    I just think that all in all, RBGs are more a show of skill than arena. so to each their own, right?
    Last edited by Roangut; 2013-01-13 at 02:38 AM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    So it is about ego with you, that's all it is. Instead of skill you'd rather the gear you're wearing tell the story. That's pretty lame. I've also been nearly 2700 in arenas and achieved Gladiator twice, you can simply armory my name. But I don't go around wanting to get this super amazing and crazy gear because I've been so high at one point. It's ridiculous.

    It's about skill. Gear shouldn't be a factor. Do you hate that?
    if I understand what you're saying, then blizz may as well give out gladiator titles to everyone since it's all about "skill" right?

    How is it an ego thing? That's like using a bronze drake instead of a rare mount like ashes of alar or invincible

  5. #25
    Pit Lord Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    Who cares really? They may have the gear, but if they suck it's not going to make a difference. Gear makes some difference, but knowing how to play is what really matters. Let them have their welfare gear, it's not going to make one difference if the skill gap is as great as you say it is between arena and rbgs.
    Solution: Let OP go do himself some "faceroll" rbgs, get his shiny uber pvp loots, defeat his nemesis at arena matches. There you go.

    If people all around the world get married it doesn't mean you can't have sex. If i buy a certain brand of pizza, it doesn't mean that someone else can't buyt the same brand. If you have the skill to get pvp t2, great fer ya yound lad, but it doesn't mean your swords will be less pointy if Jacque-no-skill uses the same one too.

    The best ones among yourselves can fight for the gladiator title/season mount. Let the loot that will be meaningful once the new season arrives be shared by whoever wants to put some time in it too.
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2013-01-13 at 03:22 AM.

  6. #26
    The problem with t2 weapon is that it makes getting t2 harder as the season progresses. At first nobody has t2 weapons so there is an equal ground, but when you have to fight against teams with t2 weapons its harder to win.

  7. #27
    Banned JhanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    if I understand what you're saying, then blizz may as well give out gladiator titles to everyone since it's all about "skill" right?

    How is it an ego thing? That's like using a bronze drake instead of a rare mount like ashes of alar or invincible
    I think you misunderstand my point. I really don't care if the best PvPers get different cosmetic rewards like recoloured armor or mounts. I care that they have better gear than the other guy. So at that point it isn't only about skill, which taints PvP for me. The 2200 different looking gear is fine. The ilevel 490 weapon vs. the 470 is not fine, at all.

  8. #28
    Same old sob story, different day. It's really pathetic.

    (What comes next isn't directed totally at the op but more towards any crybaby who makes posts like these)

    It won't change, ever. Get over it and stop crying like a bitch.

    Comparing arena to RBGs is like apples to oranges, or a 100 meter sprint to a 5K. Arena is more about composition, cooldowns, and personal skill. RBGs is more about endurance, coordination and strategy. Two different types of play towards the same fucking goal. BOTH RBGs and arenas SHARE qualities and that hardly makes one better then other. Just because you suck st RBGs and are some kind of self proclaimed arena hero (or you suck at arena and are an rbg hero) doesn't mean one or the other needs to be changed.

    You blow at RBGs? Stick to arena. If you can't get passed 1500 in arena because of "bads with T2 weapons qqqqqq" then learn to fucking play so you can get better ratings. Or...as shocking as this might sound, DO RBGS and get your weapon. I know it might hurt that already overinflated ego of yours...but no one cares how you feel. Just do it so we don't have to see this dribble anymore.

    Fin
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2013-01-13 at 05:52 AM.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    . If you can't get passed 1500 in arena because of "bads with T2 weapons qqqqqq" then learn to fucking play so you can get better ratings. Or...as shocking as this might sound, DO RBGS and get your weapon. I know it might hurt that already overinflated ego of yours...but no one cares how you feel. Just do it so we don't have to see this dribble anymore.
    Yeah, i cannot surpass 1500 in 3v3 arena cuz we started playing after a month of MOP, so we are undergeared now. Our average ilvl is 469 with 470 weapons and we can't stand against guys with 483 ilvl and 490 weapons, who got their 1600-2200 RBG ratings in a week. 2.2k in rbg means not only superior weapons but higher conquest points cap, alot higher(3521 vs 1800).

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    rbgs are retarded, anyone can get 2200 in literally a day just spamming trade looking for rbgs. my friend hit 90 a week ago and is alread 2400 rated in rbgs just by playing with randoms all day.


    90% of people you see with their t2 weapons and 2200 gear are always shitty rbg players that could never even get past 1550 in arena. i remember when having gear like pvp shoulders, 2300 tabards and 2200 gear actually meant something and showed you were somewhat decent at this game, but now its dumb because anyone can get 2200 gear.


    inb4 a bunch of rbg heros come saying "rbgs are fine!!11 im glad i got my welfare 2200 gear! ur just maD cuz u cant get 2200!"

    thats not the case because i got 2200 in 3s and have gotten 2200 every since early wrath
    Sounds to me like you're just just frustrated because you feel like your slightly higher performance is not shown throw rewards. Perhaps you could try going for rewards that really matter such as Gladiator or HotA. For the record, I think RBGs give higher amounts of CP because it's generally harder to organize such a group. I was just getting terrible groups that didn't dare using their microphone, consistently so I just stopped trying.

    Special snowflakes everywhere!

    PS: You could try leading and target calling if you want skill so bad.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-01-13 at 11:32 AM.

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,253
    The main problem with RBGsis the higher conquest point gain as well all the wintrading/exploiting, which makes 2.4k the new 1.8k. If conquest cap was normalized, the wintrading/exploiting fixed, and mmr reset, I wouldn't have a problem with RBGs.

  12. #32
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragin View Post
    Yeah, i cannot surpass 1500 in 3v3 arena cuz we started playing after a month of MOP, so we are undergeared now. Our average ilvl is 469 with 470 weapons and we can't stand against guys with 483 ilvl and 490 weapons, who got their 1600-2200 RBG ratings in a week. 2.2k in rbg means not only superior weapons but higher conquest points cap, alot higher(3521 vs 1800).

    Umm, the season started 2nd of october in US, that's a month into MOP.
    Even if you meant you started a month later in the season, and claim you can't surpass 1.5k due gear differences, it just means you are bad.

    Really, how big do you think the gear difference is after 4 weeks? Aside from people that managed to get a higher rating, or did high rated RBG, people didn't even have t1 weapons. And if you somehow were meeting people with t2 weapons in 1.5k rated arena, after 4 weeks ( which is which is impossible unless they managed to get 2k+ rbg rating in the first week ), it means they are just utterly bad.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    if I understand what you're saying, then blizz may as well give out gladiator titles to everyone since it's all about "skill" right?

    How is it an ego thing? That's like using a bronze drake instead of a rare mount like ashes of alar or invincible
    You seriously need to learn to read.

    I'll echo what other rational people have said (and what you have decided to ignore): Remove T2 altogether and give cosmetic rewards instead, making it so that PvP is more about skill. By your own admission, T2 can make a huge difference.

  14. #34
    Shame there was no one to close this while I was asleep. Oh boy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •