Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Guys please give feedback on Smokebomb as a raid cd.

Hey all.

Blizzard have hinted that they will make smokebomb a raid cd reducing all damage to friendlies by 20%

IMO this is awsome and is long overdue, it will make us more than just number crunchers and a little more usefull in some raid situations. With the nerfing of blade flurry we need raid leaders to have more reasons to bring rogues to raids and this is one of them.

There are some threads on the official forums which really need some input from the Rogue community, please take the time to input so that we might just get something we really need.

Please take the time to comment and bump all the forum posts you come accross on this as we need blues to see and show them we care.

All the best
    A hopefull Rogue

Deleted
    No.
    Throw it on Tricks of the Trade.
    Two birds, one armed, automatic rifle.

No.
    I hope smoke bomb and ToT get removed and they finally decide to give us a raid cd that is worth using, period.

Deleted
    Take it off GCD and I don't care! Take Vendetta off GCD too please.

If that is in place of what it does now sure if not it is going to cause even more issues with pvp. Rogues are already going to jump to the front of the fotm line with 5.2 as it is for pvp this would be too much if that was added to smoke bomb instead of changing what it does.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Try to keep it positive guys.

Its no wonder Blizzard doesnt listen when everyone is negative and angry. At least try to look at the positives.

Instead of demanding what we want we should compromise as should they. IMO Smoke bomb as a PVE raid cd is a great idea others mays disagree but at the moment we have nothing and something over nothing is a great positive for raiding rogues.

Keep smiling guys

if its gonna be a raid cd in pve it will become op for pvp and get nerfed, jut give us a raid dps cd with a poison gas that makes ant dmg hit for extra poison dmg similar to the shammys totem

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    if its gonna be a raid cd in pve it will become op for pvp and get nerfed, jut give us a raid dps cd with a poison gas that makes ant dmg hit for extra poison dmg similar to the shammys totem
    Well to be fair rogue's are weak on the defensive side so it actually makes quite some sence to hit two birds with one stone.
    Not to mention if your entire team stands in a smokebomb in pvp expect to get demolished.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2013-01-13 at 02:32 PM.

I definitely think rogues need some raid buff - or unique utility. How I remember smoke bomb it would require a group to stack for it to effect everyone in a 25 man, so I'm not sure that is the best ability to attach another effect to. I think the best would be a simple buff the rogue brings no one else has - why is it Blizz makes everything easy where I don't want it - and where I do want some simplicity or ease seems to be where I never get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Take Vendetta off GCD too please.
    This needs to be fixed. Seriously, Why is it on GCD anymore! anyways. We do need a raid wide CD. Tricks is laughable since its not really free unless you glyph it. and yeah smoke bomb works on one fight? every tier it seems. soooo yeah.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I definitely think rogues need some raid buff - or unique utility. How I remember smoke bomb it would require a group to stack for it to effect everyone in a 25 man, so I'm not sure that is the best ability to attach another effect to. I think the best would be a simple buff the rogue brings no one else has - why is it Blizz makes everything easy where I don't want it - and where I do want some simplicity or ease seems to be where I never get it?
    Tbh, I would be happy if they gave something like crit banner or stormlash totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If that is in place of what it does now sure if not it is going to cause even more issues with pvp. Rogues are already going to jump to the front of the fotm line with 5.2 as it is for pvp this would be too much if that was added to smoke bomb instead of changing what it does.
    20% damage reduction isn't that much. It will still be very, very situational to use defensively. Its primary use will be on rbgs when you're turtling with the flag in the last minutes of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Well to be fair rogue's are weak on the defensive side so it actually makes quite some sence to hit two birds with one stone.
    Not to mention if your entire team stands in a smokebomb in pvp expect to get demolished.
    Not sure if serious? Rogues are the strongest on personal def cd's. Feint and Elusiveness is ridiculous, and I can easily survive longer than other classes in my raid team. Our physical mitigation is low but that's compensated by having evasion, which skyrockets mitigation (and prep will come baseline if you need more).

I can agree to some of the above comments that we lack raid cd's but so do some other classes, at least we can stand tall while they dwindle out long before us.

Quote Originally Posted by theherecy View Post
    Not sure if serious? Rogues are the strongest on personal def cd's. Feint and Elusiveness is ridiculous, and I can easily survive longer than other classes in my raid team. Our physical mitigation is low but that's compensated by having evasion, which skyrockets mitigation (and prep will come baseline if you need more).

I can agree to some of the above comments that we lack raid cd's but so do some other classes, at least we can stand tall while they dwindle out long before us.
    I'm talking of pvp obviously, in arena a rogue is damn easy to kill if he doesn't have a cd up.
    Baseline prep will help tho.

This coming from a PvE PoV. I'm the raid leader for Gag Reflex - US 1st 10 man, World 22nd overall. I will tell you now that we were planning on having our rogue switch to SP for the next tier because from a 10m PoV rogues are useless. Their numbers aren't higher than anyone elses and the bring 0 raid utility except maybe on heroic Will. However this makes them completely viable in 10m raids at least. I think this was a necessary buff.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I'm talking of pvp obviously, in arena a rogue is damn easy to kill if he doesn't have a cd up.
    Baseline prep will help tho.
    Okay I can see what you mean there!

Quote Originally Posted by Hogarr View Post
    This coming from a PvE PoV. I'm the raid leader for Gag Reflex - US 1st 10 man, World 22nd overall. I will tell you now that we were planning on having our rogue switch to SP for the next tier because from a 10m PoV rogues are useless. Their numbers aren't higher than anyone elses and the bring 0 raid utility except maybe on heroic Will. However this makes them completely viable in 10m raids at least. I think this was a necessary buff.
    I'm also leading a 10man group, fairly fresh but starting to get our act together. I am also a rogue. Out of interest, could I ask what the mage brings to the table that a rogue wouldn't, considering your shaman provides BL. Bearing in mind my point about survivability in PVE is exceptional.

I can understand with your progress how important it is to get the optimal setup, but from my experiences I consistently provide strong DPS whilst providing utility.

I fail to see how this would be OP in pvp. If a rogue has you in a smoke bomb you are prob stunned and it only lasts 5 seconds, sure you can use it on your teammate, but it is a whole lot better used as an offensive CD instead of a defensive
    Last edited by Petraclese; 2013-01-13 at 04:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangsour View Post
    Its no wonder Blizzard doesnt listen when everyone is negative and angry. At least try to look at the positives.

Instead of demanding what we want we should compromise as should they. IMO Smoke bomb as a PVE raid cd is a great idea others mays disagree but at the moment we have nothing and something over nothing is a great positive for raiding rogues.

Keep smiling guys
    It's not like they aren't listening because we're angry and negative, we're angry and negative because they aren't listening. Our anger and lack of hope is very justified.

why do we have to get a dmg reduce cd there are so many of them i'd rather like to see TotT being a raid CD since threat is not a problem anymore
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

I like tricks. It's rewarding to get a 300k tricks off under rare conditions. None of the other buttons do 300k for almost free! Even the more typical 80k tricks is still decent.

I've long been a proponent of smoke bomb being just about exactly what GC hinted at in addition to its current functionality, as it's a rather obvious extension. I'm pleased as punch about that, and I hope it goes live in 5.2. Smokebomb has everything a raid cooldown needs already- a long cooldown, a plausible mechanic, and a class that doesn't already bring a zillion billion things. I think it would be an amazing buff for us.

EDIT:

why do we have to get a dmg reduce cd there are so many of them i'd rather like to see TotT being a raid CD since threat is not a problem anymore
    Here's your post....

the ultimate answer to all rogue issues in MoP: Reroll another class, who wants rouges anyway.
    ...and here's your answer, in your own sig.

Lacking a raid cooldown means that putting a rogue into a spot means you are sacrificing raid utility. Maybe you can't afford to do that, and maybe you can't- but it isn't a choice you should need to make.
    Last edited by Verain; 2013-01-13 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    An 80% of-normal-power http://www.wowhead.com/spell=62618/power-word-barrier ? I'll take it over nothing in a heartbeat.

I don't think it "pops," but raidwide defensives are at a real premium, although having such a tiny radius for it will make it problematic as melee for most encounters I'd be excited about it for. Can't toss that on the ranged during a bad point of pheromones with an upcoming crush, or on them during will under titan's gas (although the tank is more likely to be crying desperately for help). There are plenty of places this would be a dream though, from healers trying to push DPS at the end of Ta'yak to Un'sok, the end of Gara'jal, Feng's arcane phase...

I'm not ready to cry "OP," but I really think this is a step in the right direction for rogues being useful in raids, if still primarily boring as hell.