So much for my peaceful day off...

Just got a call from work. All the money is gone.

Apparently, someone (suspect is one of the waitstaff) helped themselves to all the money in the store. Thing is that I've had my suspicions for months, just never had reason to act on them. But, on the same day the Area manager retires from the company, $500+ disappearing in the time frame from when he left the store and when the night shift leader arrived seems like a good reason to act now.

Add in the fact that she just had a trip to the ER and he (the driver she's dating) just smashed the front end of his truck into a telephone pole at the same time that this chunk of money vanishes.

Both of them are likely to be fired, which means the store will be even more short-handed than it already is, which means I'm not likely going to get a peaceful workday for the next month.

Lucky me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    LoL logic, don't fight it, don't accept it, don't question it, just ignore it.
    Copy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

Apparently, someone (suspect is one of the waitstaff) helped themselves to all the money in the store. Thing is that I've had my suspicions for months, just never had reason to act on them. But, on the same day the Area manager retires from the company, $500+ disappearing in the time frame from when he left the store and when the night shift leader arrived seems like a good reason to act now.

Add in the fact that she just had a trip to the ER and he (the driver she's dating) just smashed the front end of his truck into a telephone pole at the same time that this chunk of money vanishes.

Both of them are likely to be fired, which means the store will be even more short-handed than it already is, which means I'm not likely going to get a peaceful workday for the next month.
    I'm sorry to hear that, hope it works out for you Sas.

Dreadlord
    And because of that they lost

I feel like I'm on top of the world

Lucky me!
    This sounds more annoying than anything else... and very stupid on their part.

Lucky me!
    [IMG]http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/i/2011/136/c/c/vinyl_scratch_takes_a_day_off_by_redenchilada-d3gj9dk.png[/IG]
    that sucks, sas :/ I hope it wont be too bad.

Lucky me!
    [IMG]http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/i/2011/136/c/c/vinyl_scratch_takes_a_day_off_by_redenchilada-d3gj9dk.png[/IdMG]
    More hours, more money, I guess.

Some people have no shame.

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    I never dare to click any of these "hidden" links. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Humle View Post
    I never dare to click any of these "hidden" links. D:
    The only person you can trust with links is Daginni. Always the same link.

Celestia mech.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that, hope it works out for you Sas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    that sucks, sas :/ I hope it wont be too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    More hours, more money, I guess.
    Some people have no shame.
    Money's been disappearing for months now. $50 here, $40 there, but nothing big. Things that could look like simple teller error. And we've been treating it as such. But it just always seemed coincidental to me that it was always the same waitstaff working when it happened.

Don't know if they got impatient, or if they're trying to blame it on the AM. Which that wouldn't work because he's been here like 18-20 years and is actual friends with the owners, so they know it wouldn't be him.

I don't understand some people. If you're going to steal, at least don't get caught.

Everyone's favorite canon pony.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Money's been disappearing for months now. $50 here, $40 there, but nothing big. Things that could look like simple teller error. And we've been treating it as such. But it just always seemed coincidental to me that it was always the same waitstaff working when it happened.

Don't know if they got impatient, or if they're trying to blame it on the AM. Which that wouldn't work because he's been here like 18-20 years and is actual friends with the owners, so they know it wouldn't be him.

I don't understand some people. If you're going to steal, at least don't get caught.
    Some people, Sas. Some people.

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

It ain't illegal to steal. It's illegal to get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Celestia mech.

....what is that down there?

Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    ....what is that down there?
    It's so she's easier to hold down while you hug her.