10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    Basically Tenchi's half-brother Kenshi gets teleported to a whole new planet and then is forced to pilot a mech-type thing in order to get back home. He gets sucked into a war, but makes quite a few friends and eventually gets the most almighty harem of any anime ever.
    That whole universe is batshit crazy when it comes to continuity.

Basically Tenchi's half-brother Kenshi gets teleported to a whole new planet and then is forced to pilot a mech-type thing in order to get back home. He gets sucked into a war, but makes quite a few friends and eventually gets the most almighty harem of any anime ever.
    So, basically, Tenchi Muyo continues to devolve from it's origin as a campy harem anime with a slightly naive and definitely nervous protagonist, to "lets throw every popular thing currently in anime at them, all while ignoring any major character developments from the last 4 series'."

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    rawr
    how is everypony this fine evening?
    rawwwrrrrrr goldy!!! =3

Every Tenchi series needs a harem.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Goldy missed our other rawr-er earlier. How sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    Okay, in my humble opinion, it can be boiled down to this:

If you like Skyrim, it would be strange not to get the DLC for it. Skyrim is a very loveable game, and many do like it. Dark Souls is a bit more risky, because either you love it or you hate it. It's not like Planescape Torment where, if you can survive the gameplay, you will love it no matter what. Also, the replay value of Dark Souls (and the reason many of us have 100+ hours in it) is because of the PvP in it. I personally think Dark Souls is the best PvP game I've ever played.

It has many flaws, and so does Skyrim, so I guess it's up to what game you would like the most. Skyrim you already like (I can gather) so if you see yourself loving the hell out of the DLC and playing many hours more of Skyrim, of course you should get the DLC.

Though I still say Dark Souls is superior to Skyrim in many ways. Combat, is has PvP, the lore is insane, and it's not just a game you play. It's a game you learn, it's unique on a level where you can't really draw experience from other RPG games. When you start off playing Dark Souls, you'll die to everything, you'll get insanely frustrated and might even throw your controller around a bit, calling it a piece of shit game.

But when you've completed half of it, and notice that things that was once bosses that you died 10 times to just fall dead in front of you, you'll get a very special feeling that I, personally, had been looking for for a long time. And even though I have 250 hours in Dark Souls, I still get that feeling sometimes.

Though I still get mad and throw my controller around. But that's mostly because I notice my own stupid stuff and get mad at myself. And even that, the rage, is something I think very few games succeed in doing right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Dark Souls is supposed to be a) really hard and b) really good. But without a controller it's borderline impossible to play, I tried it and had to give up after a couple of minutes. It's a port from the XBox (i think), but it has to be the most absurdly horrible port in the history of gaming. They didn't even bother to to change the tutorial to make the game show you which button to press if you play with keyboard / mouse. They made sure it ran on a PC, slapped a price tag on it and called it a day.

Doesn't make the game bad, but without a controller it becomes utterly unplayable. The wireless XBox controller should be fine though.
    Well, i like when its hard to win and stuff, but i just couldnt decide what to get either Skyrim+Dragonborn or Dark Souls + a controller, im also a PVP person and i know Skyrim is said to be great, it still seems Dark Souls will win here, i will look up in my local gamestop if they also sell this controller and might buy it at my birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Every Tenchi series needs a harem.
    Frankly, it wouldn't be Tenchi Muyo without a harem. I still gave up on the series after what amounted to the second reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    rawwwrrrrrr goldy!!! =3
    ohi!
    *bites*

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Goldy missed our other rawr-er earlier. How sad.
    I'm the better rawrer
    *sage nod*

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    That whole universe is batshit crazy when it comes to continuity.
    Agreed. Ryo-ohki was the original, then Universe came out, then Tokyo. Those three are all different continuities. GXP and War on Geminar are based on Universe, however. The first and third movies are also based on Universe, and I'm not sure about the second, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

ohi!
    *bites*

I'm the better rawrer
    *sage nod*
    Without a doubt. After all, Dift is but a pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria View Post
    Hello ponies .
    Hai Azmaria, how are you?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

* Pokes the thread
    Hello? Are we okay in here?

10+ Year Old Account
    * Pokes the thread
    Sorry Chry

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

So, basically, Tenchi Muyo continues to devolve from it's origin as a campy harem anime with a slightly naive and definitely nervous protagonist, to "lets throw every popular thing currently in anime at them, all while ignoring any major character developments from the last 4 series'."
    War on Geminar definitely has character development, but it of course does pretty much nothing with regards to Tenchi and the others, although Kenshi does describe them pretty well. And I'm not sure what to make of the mech thing, but considering I've watched the series several times now it does kinda make sense on its own. Whether the writers simply added that because that's what people liked or they felt it was genuinely worth looking at, I don't know.

Kenshi is still a lot like Tenchi was though: Slightly naive and definitely nervous, with a bunch of women surrounding him. The extent of how many women are in the anime is definitely over the top once one thinks about it though, and population dynamics as I know it would suggest that that huge of a female to male ratio has something really, really screwy going on. Not anglerfish kind of screwy, but still odd. And it's never really mentioned why there are so few men in the anime come to think of it, other than "that's just how births go."
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Sorry Chry
    No need to be sorry. Just making sure everyone is alive and well.

Frankly, it wouldn't be Tenchi Muyo without a harem. I still gave up on the series after what amounted to the second reboot.
    It was kind of odd with those 3 different versions of Tenchi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria View Post
    Hello ponies .
    hey hey azma =3

ohi!
    *bites*
    *licks*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    I'll juts delete what I downloaded then.
    Haha, Code Geass finished downloading, I completely forgot about it.
    Why is there a facebook icon on my utorrent?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/L166wms.jpg[IMG]
    My backlog just continues growing and I am not watching enough stuff, what do.
    Play more loli sim.

Why when I F5 does it take me back to my previous post rather than going to where I refreshed the page like normal?

Deleted
    * Pokes the thread
    Im still here just bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Why when I F5 does it take me back to my previous post rather than going to where I refreshed the page like normal?
    Its a annoying bug if you go back a page then press next page it fixes itself.