Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    Todays episode was fucking overhyped.
    I liked Magic Duel more as a "epic one parter". If M.A. Larson pulls it off with the final episode too, I guess he's confirmed to be the only one to make epic timely.

Though I got the feeling they weren't going for an epic feel at all, which might be why some are sad about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Hi Hiko, I don't understand what you are saying but I feel the color you're trying to describe would be blue with a tad of orange.
    I have ze German accent and so of course I love beer, but how much can ze boot hold? Eins, zwei, drei. Eins, zwei, drei, vier.

Deleted

Deleted
    really off now niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    How did I not connect to that instantly.....
    I blame Nemi.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 12:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    really off now niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ^^
    *Poke*

Go to sleep already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Just woke up time for pon-

Is it that bad, should I skip it?
    Nah, it's not that bad. They just had to cram everything into 22 minutes to avoid another two-parter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Affix you're a warm and loving person.
    Self-love counts as loving, right?
    Self love will always be our first and last love.

I'm just a little disappointed. The only really good ep that s3 had in hindsight was "too many pinkie pies".
    I thought the season might be good because it's not as long, but by now it just feels like too much in too little time and everything just feels pretty average.
    My judgement could be veiled tho, since today was a fucking terrible day.
    I thought The Crystal Empire was a pretty nice two parter. Too Many Pinkie Pies, Magic Duel, Sleepless in Ponyville, Wonderbolt Academy, all good episodes imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Episodes can't be hyped up at all if you avoid spoilers. >.< I quite liked it, particularly because of the character growth that a certain pony displayed.

Is it that bad, should I skip it?
    One does not skip pony. You watch for making your own judgement. Seen people hating it, seen people calling it the best episode to date. Likewise, some people think Sleepless in Ponyville was the best thing in all of S3, while I think Magic Duel was the best.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 01:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    Episodes can't be hyped up at all if you avoid spoilers. >.< I quite liked it, particularly because of the character growth that a certain pony displayed.
    I should avoid as many spoilers as possible, buuut, a little synopsis can't hurt, can it?

Fluttershy is one of those characters that have 400x the amount of character growth as the others.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Apple Family Reunion, Sleepless in Ponyville (partly because of Dreamwalker Luna <3), and Spike at your Service.

I strongly disliked Magic Duel though. I know, stab me now.

Deleted
    http://www.bronystate.net

keep calm and flutter on started here

with an chat!

Ohai.
    Lei Shi's Hide is complete utter rubbish... screws over the berserk timer immensely due to RNG. Also Tsulong, had 2 tanks raging over one another since they both seemed to argue what to do so we wiped twice...

Anyway, how goes everyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Fluttershy is one of those characters that have 400x the amount of character growth as the others.
    It would help if the writers remembered that Rarity actually has a side other than "selfish bitch". Y'know, the whole "generous artist and fashionista" thing. They've grown the other characters a good amount (even AJ), but IMO in more subtle/understated ways than Fluttershy. Fluttershy undergoing character growth is so obvious. I was just glad to see a side of her that wasn't just raw "I'm shy" or "I'm shy but trying to be assertive".

Deleted
    I hate that.

Oh well, I'm going to watch GL:TAS, and catch up with Littlest Pet Shop, and maybe Young Justice.

I wasn't really hyping the episode but if wasn't that great, I'll just push it down for later.

Time for SINESTRO!
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6jk7fJr.png[IMG]
    I thought it was good, just weird in places.

You have fun with that.

Deleted
    I avoided spoilers, still I heard that people we're pretty hyped about it. And I thought they'd be hyped for a reason. In the end it was just the usual. The brony community fangasming over the return of a character... wow.

and about sleepless in ponyville: The only good thing about that was Luna. The rest of the episode was following a stereotype, and it was one that I always disliked.
    So you were yay about the episode because of one character that barely appeared in the episode? I loved the episode and that had nothing to do with Luna.

This episode was great too, I'd imagine this'll also end up with more future Discord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohtiko View Post
    I blame Nemi.
    I have no idea what's going on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    Ohai.
    Lei Shi's Hide is complete utter rubbish... screws over the berserk timer immensely due to RNG. Also Tsulong, had 2 tanks raging over one another since they both seemed to argue what to do so we wiped twice...

Anyway, how goes everyone?
    Lei Shi shouldn't be that bad, just need a bit of grounded AoE/non-target AoE spells.

It would help if the writers remembered that Rarity actually has a side other than "selfish bitch". Y'know, the whole "generous artist and fashionista" thing. They've grown the other characters a good amount (even AJ), but IMO in more subtle/understated ways than Fluttershy. Fluttershy undergoing character growth is so obvious. I was just glad to see a side of her that wasn't just raw "I'm shy" or "I'm shy but trying to be assertive".
    Rarity needs some serious character growth. She has had close to zero so far. The episode where she bonded with Sweetie Belle was close, but this season when she went camping with RD she treated her sister like shit so it kind of cancels that out.

I avoided spoilers, still I heard that people we're pretty hyped about it. And I thought they'd be hyped for a reason. In the end it was just the usual. The brony community fangasming over the return of a character... wow.

and about sleepless in ponyville: The only good thing about that was Luna. The rest of the episode was following a stereotype, and it was one that I always disliked.
    I guess opinions exists.

Still, I get a sense that writers matter more than I thought. Dave Polsky has written four episodes now, and came up with the idea for Spike At Your Service. He wrote Feeling Pinkie Keen, Over a Barrel, Too Many Pinkie Pies and now Keep Calm and Flutter On. Of those, I think Too Many Pinkie Pies is the best. I'd had liked it if M. A. Larson had written Keep Calm and Flutter On I think.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-01-20 at 12:47 AM.