Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Of course, Ziru. How could I be so blind. Not like I did the same thing in the game 10 times in a row with varying results. That's totally my fault. Guess I should have tried something else.

Oh yes. There wasn't anything else to do. I had to go that way. And I had to rely on luck that what wasn't supposed to happen wouldn't happen.
    ... Okay Frey

Is this where I can battle sarcasm with sarcasm and say "Yeah, you should have probably tried something other than the one jump in the open and very exploreable game that is Metro 2033"?

You can hate the game all you want, but at least hate it with reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    Librarians gets hostile if you get too close.

Knives instant-silent kill all humans if you hit them outside the armor. Which is hard.

Nothing can see you under green level, unless they walk into you, in which case the green ain't green long.

I distracted enemies all throughout my gameplay. Shoot lanterns with a silenced piston, or throw a grenade towards the other side of the map and run.
    Librarians are hostile from the moment they see me. They stand up. They charge. Doesn't matter how enthusiastically I back pedal.

Knives have failed to instant kill every human I have met. Somewhere around the 30ish throws I've made to varying parts of their body. No kills. Just screams.

Humans are the only thing that haven't been able to see me under green. Monsters don't give a damn.

Oh sure. Throw a knife on the other side of the room. Shoot out a light with a silenced pistol. Every time I do that, doesn't matter how much green level I have, every enemy in the game knows where I am and will move to kill me. Instantly. Happened every level so far.

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solazz View Post
    In addition make sure you watch your step. Don't accidentally step on glass or rocks or junk they'll hear you.
    Yeah - I remember the mission where you have to sneak through a bandit base in order to meet that guy who leads you through the sewers, and I failed soooo many times because I kept walking over debris and shit.

Man. That was hard.

I would love for someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong then. Because I'm doing exactly what the game told me to do. And it's not working. This isn't rocket science. There isn't a plan B. This is a linear shooter.
    I think this is where you're wrong. Metro is anything but a linear shooter.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Okay Frey

Is this where I can battle sarcasm with sarcasm and say "Yeah, you should have probably tried something other than the one jump in the open and very exploreable game that is Metro 2033"?

You can hate the game all you want, but at least hate it with reason.
    I have plenty of reason.

Most notably that the stealth in the game is as shit as every other game that isn't Thief. At least the other games gave you alternatives to stealthing, and didn't kill you instantly once you were seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game tells you to look a Librarian in the face to prevent it from eating your face off. This was a lie.

The game tells you that pneumatic weapons and knives kill silently and alert no one. This was a lie.

The game tells you to hide in shadow, and that nothing can see you under green level. This was a lie.

The game tells you that you can distract your enemies. This was a lie.
    No, it doesn't. It tells you to keep the cursor in the middle of the face. Aka, LOOKING IT IN THE EYE.

I don't use pneumatic weapons because they suck.

And nothing can see you, within reason.

I don't remember it saying anything like that, but I imagine you can easily.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Deleted
    Librarians are hostile from the moment they see me. They stand up. They charge. Doesn't matter how enthusiastically I back pedal.

Knives have failed to instant kill every human I have met. Somewhere around the 30ish throws I've made to varying parts of their body. No kills. Just screams.

Humans are the only thing that haven't been able to see me under green. Monsters don't give a damn.

Oh sure. Throw a knife on the other side of the room. Shoot out a light with a silenced pistol. Every time I do that, doesn't matter how much green level I have, every enemy in the game knows where I am and will move to kill me. Instantly. Happened every level so far.
    Everything about this is centered around sneaking.

Are you sure you don't 'just' need to train your sneaking in the game? It took a while for all of us to learn it, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    When i still remember right, they were the mutants that only want to hurt you if you annoy them? I remember when they notice you, you have to look them into the eyes and move back slowly or stand still.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is where you're wrong. Metro is anything but a linear shooter.
    Don't sugar coat it because you can take Path A or Path B (Only sometimes, I might add). You can do that in Halo. You can do that in Battlefield 3. You are still locked into a direct path with only one entrance and one exit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    No, it doesn't. It tells you to keep the cursor in the middle of the face. Aka, LOOKING IT IN THE EYE.

I don't use pneumatic weapons because they suck.

And nothing can see you, within reason.

I don't remember it saying anything like that, but I imagine you can easily.
    I do. I keep that laser pointer right between their eyes. But they certainly don't give a damn.

And yes, apparently Pneumatic weapons do suck. Why be silent when you're not going to one shot them anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sugar coat it because you can take Path A or Path B (Only sometimes, I might add). You can do that in Halo. You can do that in Battlefield 3. You are still locked into a direct path with only one entrance and one exit.
    That's exactly how it is for almost any game ever.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Deleted
    I have plenty of reason.

Most notably that the stealth in the game is as shit as every other game that isn't Thief. At least the other games gave you alternatives to stealthing, and didn't kill you instantly once you were seen.
    Eeeh. Not mastering the game mechanics ain't really a reason to hate it.

I personally think Metros (and stalkers) sneaking system is very akin to Theifs, and especially Metro's very detailed and rather perfected.

It's just hard to work with, since sneaking is hard when you're not a drow elf with 99 dex.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 09:53 PM ----------

I disagree.

But I don't think any of us will get anything out of starting that debate right now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Eeeh. Not mastering the game mechanics ain't really a reason to hate it.

I personally think Metros (and stalkers) sneaking system is very akin to Theifs, and especially Metro's very detailed and rather perfected.

It's just hard to work with, since sneaking is hard when you're not a drow elf with 99 dex.
    Rofl. A perfected sneaking system. That was a good laugh. Question, why even make a yellow level? I'm seen just as easily as red. It's either green and hidden, or not. Good stealth system.

I would love for someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong then. Because I'm doing exactly what the game told me to do. And it's not working. This isn't rocket science. There isn't a plan B. This is a linear shooter.
    Sounds like there are stealth elements in there. Maybe apply some more stealth logic?
    Rofl. A perfected sneaking system. That was a good laugh. Question, why even make a yellow level? I'm seen just as easily as red. It's either green and hidden, or not. Good stealth system.
    Frey pls
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera
    I don't get it.™

Deleted
    Yeah... I'm not going to continue this until' you've calmed down, man.

Seriously, read what you're writing. :/

Deleted
    Of course, Ziru. How could I be so blind. Not like I did the same thing in the game 10 times in a row with varying results. That's totally my fault. Guess I should have tried something else.

Oh yes. There wasn't anything else to do. I had to go that way. And I had to rely on luck that what wasn't supposed to happen wouldn't happen.
    the game is easy. and I finished it on ranger hardcore
    what the hell

Deleted
    Hey Tonberry, why's your eye all twitchy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroar View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VvnsN.jpg[/IM]
    Humle with Thorny ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroar View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VvnsN.jpg[/dIMG]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Yes you do

*Pillows Aryd*

Thats your prize.