Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    COD Advanced Warfare

    Looks like youl finally get to play the badguys. Not to impressed on the graphics though looks very last gen graphics wise though could just be a shity youtube, id venture to say it even looks worse than ghosts graphics wise. But this deffiently peaks my intersts more than another blops spinoff or something as bad as ghosts.

    http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/02/le...e-in-november/

  2. #2
    Pandaren Monk Lemposs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,878
    Okay, two things.
    One, I never trust a game, when they have to take a character or get promotions from actors that have 0 % with video games, like the announcer/bad guy is clearly Francis Underwood from House of Cards, like it is so blatantly obvious that it hurts... Even the first line "Democracy" (that is the exact same way he says, "democracy is overrated").

    Two, I am okay with what I am seeing here, it looks different. However, it is a trailer, and hence I don't trust it to be nothing more than a standard shooter, where I get to see somebody do something cool or press enter to do cool stuff.

    Sidenote: I do like the mocking of pretty much everything. Will the game reflect that, I do highly doubt it, even if it does, it'll likely be superimposed and fall flat.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Players make community, and players broke it.
    More social options than ever, but less willingness than ever to use them.
    Blame the right people please, your fellow players.

  3. #3
    Field Marshal Miggzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    80
    Graphics look pretty good. Haven't played a Call of Duty since MW3. Don't really plan on playing any new Call of Duty.

  4. #4
    You where expecting next gen graphics in a CoD game? Maybe in 2 more years when they retire the old gen versions. Even then, CoD hasn't had ground breaking graphics since CoD4 and the franchise isn't known for it nor should you ever expect it.

    The plot does seem interesting though, maybe a CoD campaign I will actually give a crap about. I have no interest in CoD multiplayer at all so that is the only way they can sell me.

  5. #5
    I liked Kevin Spacey's presence. :P

    The story looks interesting enough, I've heard that in COD:AV we're some kind of private military soldier.

  6. #6
    Epic! Jakexe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Aussie Land
    Posts
    1,722
    I bet it'll have lots of shooting and explosions! Not that there's anything wrong with that, stupid dumb action games have their place.


    Wait....wasn't Ghosts meant to be the "next gen cod"?
    i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || ASUS Sabertooth Z77 || EVGA GTX690 || 16GB G-Skill || 128GB+512GB SSD (PRO/EVO) || 2TB+4TB WD Blacks || Corsair HX-850W || Custom Water Cooling
    Cooler Master HAF X || ASUS PB278Q 2560x1440 || Logitech G19 || Cyborg RAT7 || Xonar DX || BitFenix Recon Fan Controller

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    5,793
    Would have looked better on ps4...Oh yes I did! I'll avoid this one, haven't enjoyed a cod game for a long time.

    Is sledgehammer the good studio, average or the terrible one?

  8. #8
    They need to stop making Call of Duty games.

  9. #9
    I like the trailer and the settings very much. I assume in the story, you will realise that Kevin is the bad guy and you will kill him one way or another.

    Maybe this will be the first COD i play again since MW2.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    They need to stop making Call of Duty games.
    I second this.

  11. #11
    will probably end up picking it up for the 6 hour roller coaster campaign and then play multiplayer for 5 minutes and stick with co-op if there is one.

  12. #12
    Trailer looks good. If it wasn't Call of Duty I might have actually been interested. Oh well.

  13. #13
    i was one thinking that the cod games were really dropping in quality (comparatively to the competition).
    But activision decided to swtch from a 2 years to a 3 years devellopement cycle (a new studio has been added to the treyarch/infinity ward duo).
    Here's hoping the quality of COD games will improve with this change.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I like the trailer and the settings very much. I assume in the story, you will realise that Kevin is the bad guy and you will kill him one way or another.
    one does not simply kill Kevin Spacey. I bet he'll pull a Keysersoze and kill the main character, then fetches a helicopter or Limo and gets away with it.

  15. #15
    Unless they do something to actually change multiplayer (vehicles, something) then I'm passing on this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

  16. #16
    Looks like a mix of Black Ops 2 and Titanfall. Oh well, another crappy CoD game i wont buy.

  17. #17
    Ugh. The fact that Kevin Spacey is present in the game captivated my interest immediately and it actually looks quite fresh for a CoD game, but fuck CoD games. After getting Ghosts under severe apprehension over the possibility of it being something new or interesting, I don't think I can buy another one of the games in this franchise.

    I'll wait until it's out, reviewed, picked apart and fully analysed before I even offer a single iota of interest to the game itself.

  18. #18
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Okay, two things.
    One, I never trust a game, when they have to take a character or get promotions from actors that have 0 % with video games, like the announcer/bad guy is clearly Francis Underwood from House of Cards, like it is so blatantly obvious that it hurts... Even the first line "Democracy" (that is the exact same way he says, "democracy is overrated").

    Two, I am okay with what I am seeing here, it looks different. However, it is a trailer, and hence I don't trust it to be nothing more than a standard shooter, where I get to see somebody do something cool or press enter to do cool stuff.

    Sidenote: I do like the mocking of pretty much everything. Will the game reflect that, I do highly doubt it, even if it does, it'll likely be superimposed and fall flat.

    Pretty sure that is Kevin Spacey. I mean when you consider the fact that that is his character that is talking in the video, it seems kinda obvious.


    the game centers on a mercenary group led by Kevin Spacey's character, and this renegade

  19. #19
    I'm just wondering when gamers will be fed up with getting the same rehashed crap year after year, but its obviously working since they keep making them.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Pretty sure that is Kevin Spacey. I mean when you consider the fact that that is his character that is talking in the video, it seems kinda obvious.
    ... Kevin Spacey is Francis Underwood from house of cards. The poster is suggesting that he is in his 'house of cards' character in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •