Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    College girls are starting to look beyond the loud, partying, jock-type that they went for from ages 15-21. They're looking for potential "earners" to date and marry after graduation. If you're the quiet-type, they likely assume you're intelligent and deep.
    That may or may not be true, but that still doesn't solve my issue haha. I just want to be left alone (not that I'm a selfish a-hole or anything, I think I'm actually usually pretty warm/amiable/nice, especially to my parents/family/random strangers I encounter.)

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Wear a ring as though you're married, and just flash it at them.
    though maybe that's only something girls should do
    (Yes, it has the opposite effect on quite a few girls!)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    tell people youre not interested in that youre not interested. This is the real world now your days of being a basement kid in highschool are over you actually need to interact with people outside of the house, if you didnt want to do this you should have stayed at home. upu cant please everybody and the sooner you realize that the sooner you will become successful in life. you think youre going to stand out in an interview trying to play the nice guy who doesnt step on any toes game... maybe at the aspca or some nice non-profit for profit.

15+ Year Old Account
    People have a right to be alone. In University there's plenty of guys that just want to focus on academics and save the relationships for when they have a career established.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Wear a ring as though you're married, and just flash it at them.
    though maybe that's only something girls should do
    I'm only 19, so a ring would be very peculiar this early. Even then, who knows if they are even romantically interested in me? It's just the interactions that I want to reduce lol.

Quote Originally Posted by UnionPrime View Post
    I'm only 19, so a ring would be very peculiar this early. Even then, who knows if they are even romantically interested in me? It's just the interactions that I want to reduce lol.
    Honestly it's a very stupid problem to have. Just turn them down gently when they give you their number.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    (Yes, it has the opposite effect on quite a few girls!)
    Is that how you pick up girls? Admit it! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    People have a right to be alone. In University there's plenty of guys that just want to focus on academics and save the relationships for when they have a career established.
    Yes, that is true. I don't think I'll ever want a relationship (I like to think of myself as relatively celibate), though, as it doesn't seem like something that's for me. I'm not gay either (addressed to one of the posters above that asserted so) as I know I'm attracted to females.

Guess you're just gonna have to cowboy up and tell them to kick rocks. In a nice way, of course.

I guess.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Is that how you pick up girls? Admit it! :D
    Haha, well it surprised me the first time it happened! Are you interested? Admit it!

Haha, well it surprised me the first time it happened! Are you interested? Admit it!
    In a gorilla? Naaaaaa no way!
    More importantly your girlfriend and sisters with benefits would squash me :<

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    tell people youre not interested in that youre not interested. This is the real world now your days of being a basement kid in highschool are over you actually need to interact with people outside of the house, if you didnt want to do this you should have stayed at home. upu cant please everybody and the sooner you realize that the sooner you will become successful in life. you think youre going to stand out in an interview trying to play the nice guy who doesnt step on any toes game... maybe at the aspca or some nice non-profit for profit.
    I know you have to interact to be successful in the private sector, but that's not where I want to go with my career; I'd like to join the USAR as a General Surgeon provided I can make it into and through Medical School. I am really apt at social interactions when I deem it necessary (i.e., university admissions interviews), but when it's just small talk or a pointless interaction, I am really amateur at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Now this is new

I wish girls hitting on introverts was the norm. You're probably just handsome.
    Yea... I'm thinking the OP is just trying to stir up some controversey.

They'll only hit on introverts if they're very sexy, or putting an air of being a "troubled teen" that they find challenging/exciting.

All the women I know gravitated to the tall handsome smooth-talking funny man. Not the introvert in the corner or the extroverted slapstick idiot with the lampshade on his head.

I know you have to interact to be successful in the private sector, but that's not where I want to go with my career; I'd like to join the USAR as a General Surgeon provided I can make it into and through Medical School. I am really apt at social interactions when I deem it necessary (i.e., university admissions interviews), but when it's just small talk or a pointless interaction, I am really amateur at it.
    Interviews aren't social interactions. They're interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I still think it's just a show off thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    Guess you're just gonna have to cowboy up and tell them to kick rocks. In a nice way, of course.

I guess.
    that's what I was trying to avoid heh

I
    More importantly your girlfriend and sisters with benefits would squash me :<
    That implies if I didnt have people that would squash you you'd be interested!

I fucking hate it when people are nice to me too, the nerve of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

They'll only hit on introverts if they're very sexy, or putting an air of being a "troubled teen" that they find challenging/exciting.

All the women I know gravitated to the tall handsome smooth-talking funny man. Not the introvert in the corner or the extroverted slapstick idiot with the lampshade on his head.
    I'm not the introvert in the corner or the lampshade guy and I'm certainly not trying to stir up controversy. What's even controversial about anything I've said so far? sigh

I suppose a better way to describe myself is someone who only talks when needed or appropriate, such as in a study group, cooperative project, or an admissions interview, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I fucking hate it when people are nice to me too, the nerve of them.
    Well obviously they are just trying to befriend the OP in order to steal his study notes!

That implies if I didnt have people that would squash you you'd be interested!
    I admit nothing!!

Women dont even typically speak with me. I keep to myself and Im filled with anger/hate.

that's what I was trying to avoid heh
    Then get a pet rat. Or a wolverine. No, get a spider... a snake. One from Australia. Nobody'll mess with you then.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.