Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Thanks for the information, have a nice day

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing there is no such thing as an objective standard for significance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Significance is a fallacy. Insignificance is a realization.
    Optimistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Correct! 'Meaning' is subjective, which means when someone says "life is meaningless", they're right! When someone says "there's meaning in everything" they are also right. The individual views the world through their own lens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    bingo

I'm the most significant thing in my life

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornh View Post
    I've seldom seen such an incredibly unnecessary post. 100% atheist propaganda, too.
    Incorrect, it is existential nihilist propaganda. It does not hinge on a belief in God. In fact many existential nihilist have some belief in God, but they believe God made the universe and left.

However on to the OP, reverse your logic and you become the most important person in the Universe. Since to define and perceive things is what gives them importance. ie a thing is only as important as we say it is. It is better to not assign value to anything and to live happily knowing nothing has any value and we as humans are absolutely absurd in our pursuit for meaning in a meaningless universe.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 06:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    It's a counter to the idea that every human being is special and uniquely loved in God's eyes.
    It is sad to me that people had the need to invent someone to universally love someone. I wish I could invent a way to store every human conciseness that has ever existed though out all of human history. It upsets me greatly when people die, because they are gone. each unique thought each moment of love and beauty that they saw is lost. I get very upset just thinking about the loss of all the wonderful humans that have existed from the dawn of humanity. Sure some humans came be monsters, but if I could build a time machine, and nano machines that could record every human thought and the corresponding DNA to match the unique human. I am sure I could make the storage location a persistent Massively Multi-person World with rewards and punishments based on how they lived.

OMG this is a great Idea for a book, the Heaven Server.

This thread is Insignificant imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    This thread is Insignificant imo
    No it's not, it's a significant waste of storage space!