Poll: Do you use addon to heal ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I use ElvUI so my raidframes are obviously from that instead of the standard UI. But other than that, I don't use any specific healing addons. All done through mouseover macros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only default UI and mouseover macros, don't need anything else. Used to heal without mouseover macros for years as well :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    when i talk about addon is: healing addon, the one that will replace your wow ui and playstyle

thats a good example of a no !
    Alright. I can't say I'd consider Decursive to be a healing addon though...granted it's much simpler because you just click the box and it dispels the person instead of finding the person in your raid frame, targeting them and then clicking your dispel spell, but still.

I also use Elvui and it's player/target frames but don't consider those healing addons either. :P

I use Grid, but more out of habit than anything else. Since I use macros to heal, I don't need an addon like Clique to do my job. This way, when addons inevitably break on expansion launches, I am not completely crippled.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    Hmm... Well, maybe it's just because I raid hard modes (Not trying to be elitist here) but I have a hard time seeing how someone that clicks every individual frame and presses their buttons afterwards can play to their potential. In that short little window of opportunity that it takes to click the players, someone else can beat you to the punch and heal that person first but if you don't mind that. I guess there's nothing wrong with it. That kind of playstyle for casual playing is probably okay
    Wow. I raid heroic modes, as well, and it's called pre-targeting brosef. You don't need complicated macro requirements to heal heroic modes. All you need is about half of a brain.

And no, you didn't sound elitist. You sounded like a grade A jerk.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    When I still played WoW I used Mouseovers and even if its just for the looks, Grid. Since that is an addon I voted yes but im fairly sure that i couldve healed without it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    I use Grid, but more out of habit than anything else. Since I use macros to heal, I don't need an addon like Clique to do my job. This way, when addons inevitably break on expansion launches, I am not completely crippled.
    hehe yeh !
    i start healing without addon in the beta of pandaria, i just, heck, why not haha

I have played and pretty well mastered every classes specs and roles over the years not saying currently now in mop as i only have 4 90s but i can honestly say i have never needed a addon or macro to play any class or spec except prior to the ghoul fix i had a death coil / claw or ss / claw macro in to make the best use of timmeh. i dont see why people need addons. if all the worlds top players use addons to see the best/hardest endgame content then this is a failure on blizzards part to deliver a balanced game. i personally believe blizz should make a better or their own version of dbm in game and disable all addons and macros so everyone is on the same page and should be required to play on the same skill level and not have a third party advantage.

I did experiment with my first cast sequence macro for affliction back in BC and when i was doing arena as SL/SL spec but it was very boring. I play with minimal addons and find my performance very rewarding to me and the people i play with.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    All I use is VuhDo, when properly configured it's a beast and I'm able to heal faster and more efficiently, but I guess it depends on the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Wow. I raid heroic modes, as well, and it's called pre-targeting brosef. You don't need complicated macro requirements to heal heroic modes. All you need is about half of a brain.

And no, you didn't sound elitist. You sounded like a grade A jerk.
    Okay. That's all I have to say.

Hmm... Well, maybe it's just because I raid hard modes (Not trying to be elitist here) but I have a hard time seeing how someone that clicks every individual frame and presses their buttons afterwards can play to their potential. In that short little window of opportunity that it takes to click the players, someone else can beat you to the punch and heal that person first but if you don't mind that. I guess there's nothing wrong with it. That kind of playstyle for casual playing is probably okay
    While I don't target people to heal anymore, it's not anywhere near as bad as you make it seem. Back in the Sunwell days, I healed like that, and generally did as good or better than everyone else while raid leading as well.

Yes, you could argue that that just means I was healing with baddies, but 1) It was Sunwell and 2) Quite a few people (Including healers) from back then went on to join and currently raid with top200 world guilds.

Obviously, if someone was to ask me which of the two is better, I'd say mouseover macros/clique, not targeting manually. It's just not quite as fast, though you can get close. That doesn't mean that you can't do good with it if that's how you heal, though.

Been using standard Blizz raid frames + target person and cast heal. No @mouseover or anything.

I find it better over @mouseover as I can target tank and move as I want while healing on the move without needing to keep mouse on unit frames, also just gives me a better feeling of control when I have someone targetted that I heal. :/

-------EDIT--------
    You start casting a heal, while castin you target another person, you can do that in a GCD also. It's not as bad as you might think, it takes time to learn it perfectly, but once you got it, it's just as comparable to @mouseover healing.

Deleted
    I think that you can certainly heal very well without Mouseovers. But i also think that a very good healer without Mouseovers could be even better if he used them ;p simply because you are that little bit faster in some situations.

I can't even heal with out heal bot. It came to point when heal bot is down I have to quit for 2-3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    While I don't target people to heal anymore, it's not anywhere near as bad as you make it seem. Back in the Sunwell days, I healed like that, and generally did as good or better than everyone else while raid leading as well.

Yes, you could argue that that just means I was healing with baddies, but 1) It was Sunwell and 2) Quite a few people (Including healers) from back then went on to join and currently raid with top200 world guilds.

Obviously, if someone was to ask me which of the two is better, I'd say mouseover macros/clique, not targeting manually. It's just not quite as fast, though you can get close. That doesn't mean that you can't do good with it if that's how you heal, though.
    Oh I agree with everything you said. By no means does clicking make you a bad player but I do think in the end it's perhaps not as optimal though. Everyone can agree to disagree but there's always going to be a small window of delay in between targetting a player and casting a spell in comparison to mouseover macros. It also depends what class you play. These days though, it's something that guilds really look at. They all ask for UI screenshots and will most likely question you on it and if you tell them that you click, they'll most likely decline your app because of it. I've been criticized for my very simple UI from guilds i've apped to.

I use Grid + Decursive. I have never used anything else, so I have no idea how others work.

------ Edit ------

I should add that I use Grid with key bindings. I have never used macros for healing.
    Last edited by helusay; 2013-01-15 at 06:56 PM.

Addons for healing? The Blizzard UI could accommodate a monkey these days, which says quite a bit for the current WoW playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    No i don't use addons, i don't raid, i only do dungeons and old content raids so that may be the reason why i'm ok without them

10+ Year Old Account
    After trying to heal with addons when i first started on my resto shaman back in Wrath.. and finding the three i did try to all be clunky and hard to deal with. i simply ditched the idea and heal without. It still amazes me when someone says, "Healbot's down i can't heal".

Grid + Clique. But I use Grid on all of my toons, because I can't really stand the basic UI.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions