Thread: Wiring Help

Wiring Help

I am looking for a way to manage the cables in my case better since right now it is a giant cluster____. One of my primary issues is that I have a 1600W Ultra X4 and it is a HUGE PSU that covers up one of the wiring slots on the bottom. Better that and the 2 GTX 590s I end up with barely any room to really work with since the Drive bays aren't removable (Case is a HAF 932). If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Picture of the chaos: http://i.imgur.com/smpVi.jpg

PS: This picture is right before I cleaned it last week, I don't usually have this much dust and shit inside it.
    Last edited by Novx; 2013-01-15 at 07:03 PM.

Getting a better case would most likely help a bit.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah looks like that case is doomed to have bad wiring.

Any suggestions on a case? The HAF 932 is a pretty massive case, the only downside to it is the fact that none of the bays are removable.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    What would a budget be for a new case? There are plenty that will fit your rig with better cabling options, just some cost more than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

150-200 preferably

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like enough space for decent airflow still. It's ugly but as long as the temps don't get too high, just keep it closed and you never have to look at it lol. If you don't want to buy a new case then I would kinda ziptie them together and try to tuck them closer to one of the sides of the case in a way to give best possible airflow.

Yeah, Airflow is fine but cleaning it is a bitch (to say the least). One of the problems with the HAF 932 is that they don't have built in filters and it pulls in all that nice dust and dog hair and such with the giant fan on the side of it >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    My case (Fractal Design Arc Midi) has filters on the front and bottom intakes, filters on the top exhaust and no filter on the side intake. Why would you put a filter on the exhaust before the intake?

Anyway, I made a filter by overlapping two window screens (the ones that keep the bugs out when you leave the window open) so that the holes are even smaller and used a nice plastic frame (or you can use tape) that I luckily found at the hardware store for like $2 to secure it and put tiny magnets on the back at it works amazingly. Or you can just buy some filters but they are more expensive than I think they should be.
    Last edited by mojo6912; 2013-01-15 at 07:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    fractal design XL would be a decent choice for you
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    My case (Fractal Design Arc Midi) has filters on the front and bottom intakes, filters on the top exhaust and no filter on the side intake. Why would you put a filter on the exhaust before the intake?

Anyway, I made a filter by overlapping two window screens (the ones that keep the bugs out when you leave the window open) so that the holes are even smaller and used a nice plastic frame (or you can use tape) that I luckily found at the hardware store for like $2 to secure it and put tiny magnets on the back at it works amazingly. Or you can just buy some filters but they are more expensive than I think they should be.
    You can make a filter pretty easy by just cutting some nylon pantyhose. Just stretch it over the fan and fasten it to the screws.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    fractal design XL would be a decent choice for you
    Going to look into that - Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    You can make a filter pretty easy by just cutting some nylon pantyhose. Just stretch it over the fan and fasten it to the screws.
    I actually went out and bought some mesh screening, the annoying part was replacing it (especially on the front fan for the case which was a BITCH to work with)

--

Thank you all for the advice.

corsair 600t or the fractal as mentioned

You might want to look into full tower cases as well.

On another note, even pushing 2x 590's you are way over powered with that psu which is some food for thought as well.

Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    corsair 600t or the fractal as mentioned

You might want to look into full tower cases as well.

On another note, even pushing 2x 590's you are way over powered with that psu which is some food for thought as well.
    The HAF 932 is a full tower (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119160)

In regards to PSU: Yeah, it was free which is why I am using it. Not worth spending the money to replace it when it is a solid PSU to just fix a few wiring problems.

Reviews made by Tiny Tom Logan at http://www.youtube.com/user/TimeToLiveCustoms usually mention stuff about PSU lengths and cable management.