Thread: PCIE problem

PCIE problem

i have a G41 chipset with PCIE 2.0 And my 6950 Supports 2.0 too , but in Gpuz It shows as PCIE 1.1 x16 even with render / stress test :

GPU = Bus Type :PCI Express 2.0 x16 @ 1.1 x16

PCI-E 2.0 x16 port #2 Used @ x16 (AMD Cayman/Antilles - High Definition Audio Controller, Gigabyte Radeon HD 6950 Video Adapter)

Sick avatar/Signature by Ammeg

I don't think this is really a problem for you, I believe that 1.1 x16 is enough for a Radeon 6950 but there might be a setting in BIOS you can change to 2.0.
    Or maybe move it to PCI-E slot #1.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

its the only PCI-E slot i have :/

10+ Year Old Account
    What motherboard do you have? And why is "#2" the only one you have?

I managed to find with dificulty the #1 PCIE 2.0 On my motherboard being used : Realtek RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter @ PCI Express 2.0 x1 this is the thing that are bottlenecking my Graphic card and putting it at 1.1 PCIE x16 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to tell, since we might need to know
    What motherboard do you have?

http://www.jetway.com.tw/jw/motherbo...e=MI5-G41SGMD3
    and the PCIE is 2.0 its written on the box

Seems like there's only one slot where you can possibly plug in the card.

It should run at nearly full speed anyway even in PCIe1.1 socket if the board can't do 2.0 so you shouldn't worry about it. Check some common benchmark tools to see if you get same kind of performance numbers others do with a R6950. 3dMark11 or Unigine Heaven for example should work.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

tested with PCIE Bandwidth tester , it is a little bit lower then expected ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ircien View Post
    I managed to find with dificulty the #1 PCIE 2.0 On my motherboard being used : Realtek RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter @ PCI Express 2.0 x1 this is the thing that are bottlenecking my Graphic card and putting it at 1.1 PCIE x16 ?
    How did you find this? The PCI-E 1x that the LAN uses is not the PCI-E 16x slot. They are two separate things.

While I don't think it's necessarily the problem, Jetway is an awful brand, and highly prone to manufacture defects.

tested with PCIE Bandwidth tester , it is a little bit lower then expected ^^
    No I mean R6950 will not use even close to half of PCIe2.0 x16 speed, so it should work at (almost) full speed in PCIe1.1 x16.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Chazus = Bullshit :
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/1765/7

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 04:22 PM ----------

http://www.anandtech.com/show/1765/8

Do you realize that:

1) the page you linked is over 7 years old,
    2) it was AMD motherboard and yours is Intel,
    3) people writing that review were surprised the board was actually any good in last page summary,
    4) Jetway hasn't produced any high-end motherboards in years and
    5) Jetway is so insignificant in western countries it doesn't even have a page in wikipedia.

And none of that means shit for your problem or proves Chazus right or wrong.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Do you realize that:

1) the page you linked is over 7 years old,
    2) it was AMD motherboard and yours is Intel,
    3) people writing that review were surprised the board was actually any good in last page summary,
    4) Jetway hasn't produced any high-end motherboards in years and
    5) Jetway is so insignificant in western countries it doesn't even have a page in wikipedia.

And none of that means shit for your problem or proves Chazus right or wrong.

what he said.

* User was infracted for spam.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-01-17 at 09:57 AM.