Deleted

Looking for a new guild but... should I reroll?

Hi everyone! I have been looking for a new guild and I have recieved a lot of positive feedback and a lot of guilds seem to really want a monk in their roster (I am interested in raiding 'again' with it), my first thought was to do so as a Tank, but some of these guilds are also looking for a WW monk, so I am wondering if I should try to roll as a punchmonk if the guild I finally choose is OK with that, since my experience so far is greater as melee than as tank.

My prior main was a ret paladin in which I managed to pull great numbers and be very happy about my own playstyle.

As many of the interested guilds have better progression than me, I'm really thinking if I should just go as WW since I have already experience as a melee class.

Thoughts?

PS: Armory for monk: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ohana/advanced I have 463 onehanded weapons in my bag.

PPS: Also if you could direct me to a nice source of information aside from EJ in regards of BrM and WW monks I would very much appreciate that. As well as general advice about the character.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are going into a guild far more geared and further along in progression than you I would recommend going in as a WW and stating you have a BrM offspec and are willing to tank when and if its needed. I wanted to tank to begin with but the guild I joined had 2 very capable tanks already (both of which absolutely hate the idea of every dpsing) so my journey as a Windwalker began. It's fantastic, I've never looked back. For guides check out the ones that are sticked here, they are both great guides and have lots of information throughout the posts. For a more basic view of both take a look at Noxxic. If you truly have your heart set on being a tank then stick at it, Brewmaster is the most fun I've had tanking ever, it takes more skill than other tanking classes and if you drop the ball you are dead, but play it right and you are greatly rewarded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    PPS: Also if you could direct me to a nice source of information aside from EJ in regards of BrM and WW monks I would very much appreciate that. As well as general advice about the character.
    Stickies.

10char.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    EJ BrM and WW are two of the most up-to-date guides currently. The stickied ones have information from 5.0, which certain things changed in 5.1.

Noxxic isn't too bad, though its DW stat priority is slightly off for WW.