Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Oh, it's you.
    Oh, it's you.
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    And a wild Kerath appears!
    I'm not wild. Just a little feral.
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Just have to say 'English food sucks' or 'UK is in a tailspin' and suddenly Kerath appears. Shes totally a lurker!
    Meh, I abandoned the UK for the Netherlands about 5 years ago. It's pretty sucky there at the moment. You know things are bad when the bloody Tories get voted in.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, what's so great about the Australian version of the Welsh? o.O
    Best. Description. Ever.

But I consider a large chunk is thanks to the weather. Another is it (literally) being as far away from Britain as you can get and a third being Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

There be computers everywhere, you probably can.

Pays less than the US probably but you get healthcare and stuff. Like the rest of the civilised world
    I'm aware, but as I said, I wouldn't move to a new country without having a job waiting for me.

A relic of my childhood. Obdigore, looking back, do you ever get the impression they were trying to turn our generation into a bunch of furries? Like, every freaking kids' show from back then had animal people.
    It's a subtle campaign by the illuminati!

It's a great climate and environment!

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe he likes sheep?

I'm aware, but as I said, I wouldn't move to a new country without having a job waiting for me.
    Have you tried applying for jobs there first?

Have you tried applying for jobs there first?
    Nope. Have to verify I would be accepted into the country for more than a visit first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Best. Description. Ever.

But I consider a large chunk is thanks to the weather. Another is it (literally) being as far away from Britain as you can get and a third being Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit.
    I checked my NZ bank account the other day and discovered a $1000 retirement fund. It's gained $50 in 3 years but hey, free money doing badly in investment is still free money

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Oh, it's you.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Best. Description. Ever.

First Kerath and Xanjori, now you and sporespore? The hell is it with you Brits and wanting to get the hell out of Britland?

It's a great climate and environment!
    It's next door to Australia, home of about fifty billion things that will kill you dead! Besides, plenty of places with nice climates!

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 04:47 AM ----------

Nope. Have to verify I would be accepted into the country for more than a visit first.
    That's the big rub I think. Even Canada won't let you stay unless you have something they want, and it's freaking Canada.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I checked my NZ bank account the other day and discovered a $1000 retirement fund. It's gained $50 in 3 years but hey, free money doing badly in investment is still free money
    I got my yearly retirement fund statement. 11.9% increase not counting the money I put into it, pretty happy with that :P

First Kerath and Xanjori, now you and sporespore? The hell is it with you Brits and wanting to get the hell out of Britland?
    It's how we conquered the world. You think English became the standard language with Americans and their isolationism? Naaah.

It's next door to Australia, home of about fifty billion things that will kill you dead! Besides, plenty of places with nice climates!
    Good thing snakes can't swim across the ocean :3

That's the big rub I think. Even Canada won't let you stay unless you have something they want, and it's freaking Canada.
    New Zealand is actually pretty easy to Emigrate to, and as a member of the Commonwealth, its even easier if you have British Citizenship.

I got my yearly retirement fund statement. 11.9% increase not counting the money I put into it, pretty happy with that :P
    Funny thing is I never once noticed that entry before
    Had no idea the government gave me a free $1k for working as an unpaid slave labour.

That's because you're Americans. What, you think just because Canadians are polite they don't have standards? Pfft.

Funny thing is I never once noticed that entry before
    Had no idea the government gave me a free $1k for working as an unpaid slave labour.
    Apparently if you get paid very little or nothing you can actually lose money from the NZ retirement fund because of the fees associated with it, which is hilarious to me.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 05:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    My childhood too! And Gummi Bears was my favorite show!
    Gummi Bears had a TV show? I mean I remember Care Bears, but never a Gummi Bear TV show.

10+ Year Old Account
    <3

We like to travel to foreign parts, stick a flag pole in the ground and pronounce them ours, by Jove!

Apparently if you get paid very little or nothing you can actually lose money from the NZ retirement fund because of the fees associated with it, which is hilarious to me.
    I have no idea about that. All I know is I'm $1050 richer than I thought I am

10+ Year Old Account

Gummi Bears had a TV show? I mean I remember Care Bears, but never a Gummi Bear TV show.
    Yes! The theme tune was appropriately bouncy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to leave Britain. :3 I like it here, even though I'm poor and seemingly having very little chance of ever getting a job. I was just saying what I thought might be appealing about NZ.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

I have no idea about that. All I know is I'm $1050 richer than I thought I am
    lol I'm thinking about getting a second job and using it for nothing but investing in some International Funds and seeing if I can retire just that much earlier.