Deleted
    New RJW does scale with haste yeah, I asked GC if it would be a good idea if it got an ignite-esque rollover mechanic so that when you need to spam SCK for chi you aren't wasting it's healing potential.

Yes i was curious if it is working like the fire rain from worlocks.
    Overlapping 2 fire rains won't do double damage but with the reduced damage and healing it looks like it was easier to implement the % reduction than the overlap mechanic.

If they did both i will be really stunned

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    New RJW does scale with haste yeah, I asked GC if it would be a good idea if it got an ignite-esque rollover mechanic so that when you need to spam SCK for chi you aren't wasting it's healing potential.
    Yeah defenetly need more ignite-mechanics! :-) While they're at it they, could do the same for Enveloping Mists. (hate putting EM on tank, Surge and overcapping Chi not knowing where to go with it. Thats only in rare tank-spammheal scenarios ofc [Durumu], but still, it' would be cool for EM to roll in power)

Can you (or anyone else) clarify what you mean? I don't know Fire Mage that well.

its kind of annoying that each time you zone in somewhere or when you level, the game constantly switches you to stance of the fierce tiger. level while the tank needs a big heal immediately, well that's too bad since you're now in ww stance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    its kind of annoying that each time you zone in somewhere or when you level, the game constantly switches you to stance of the fierce tiger. level while the tank needs a big heal immediately, well that's too bad since you're now in ww stance.
    I can't speak for leveling (though none of my guildies complained about it then either) but atleast for zoning: This didn't happen to me in a very long time (eg. months...). I think it had something to do with Glyph of Jab though, maybe this helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    I can't speak for leveling (though none of my guildies complained about it then either) but atleast for zoning: This didn't happen to me in a very long time (eg. months...). I think it had something to do with Glyph of Jab though, maybe this helps you.
    hmm, i'll try removing the glyph to see if it helps. too bad, i liked that glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    o.o if that is the case thats a game breaker for me lol. idk y but the clean look of jabbing with my fists and having my weapon on my back is too awesome for me. guess i'll put up with the stance changing.

did this newest tweak on RJW change anything or was it mostly tooltip update and changing the damage? i also didn't see them mention anywhere the change in proc rate on the legendary cloak, anyone have a source for that?

anyone have information about "haste 6141 vs haste 9158 vs 9916" is it worth ?
    "if you dont like it, dont play the game! I love the way this game is 100% and nothing should be changed, because beta's aren't meant to improve a game. I will defend this games honor with my life and will refuse that anything bad be said about things that could be improved!"

- The FFXIV Community. (and some of "legacy" player)

6141 - Gives a 3rd extra tick of renewing mist

9158 - Gives a 4th extra tick of renewing mist

9916 - Gives a 3rd extra tick of enveloping mist.

I have no theory behind it but simply I See getting that 4th tick of renewing mist (9158) is pretty simple to get with 530+ ilvl (without majorly sacrificing other stats). However reaching for the extra tick of enveloping (9916) is just not worth it. Whilst enveloping is a great tank and fast heal up, renewing mists is where a mistweaver is at and is where we should focus our haste "caps" around.

Hope this is a useful/helpful insight. Im sure someone with theory bomb this soon to validate it oneway or another.

Quote Originally Posted by doraymon View Post
    anyone have information about "haste 6141 vs haste 9158 vs 9916" is it worth ?
    It depends a lot on your raid comp/size, gear level, and whether you have the LMG and Horridon's trinket. (Also, in 2 weeks, the value of the 9158+ breakpoints are going to drop considerably.) A 10man healer will get more benefit out of 9916, just because you tend to do more tank healing in 10s. The general rule of thumb, though, is that when you're way over a breakpoint when you reforge away your haste and can reforge to the next breakpoint without losing too much crit ("too much" being a bit subjective, but 1000-1500 rating seems reasonable to me personally) by switching to haste gems, go for the next breakpoint. But "I must reach the highest breakpoint my gear supports" is not the attitude you should have, it should be more "well, I have nothing else to do with these stat points, I might as well go up a breakpoint." Moving from 6141 to 9158 is like a 3-4% increase in healing done, compared to 5% from an equivalent number of points in crit.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could someone say again why the 9158 breakpoint won't be quite as desirable in 5.4 again? Is it solely because of the nerf to rppm? Or are there additional reasons i must've missed amidst the moaning and groaning over Revival nerfs >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    Could someone say again why the 9158 breakpoint won't be quite as desirable in 5.4 again? Is it solely because of the nerf to rppm? Or are there additional reasons i must've missed amidst the moaning and groaning over Revival nerfs >.>
    Haste won't be desirable no, and yes it's purely because of RPPM nerfs.

Deleted
    9k is my maximum in T16 BiS, though that could have changed with the amplification trinket nerfs.

9k is my maximum in T16 BiS, though that could have changed with the amplification trinket nerfs.
    Are those nerfs going to affect the BiS list you posted a few weeks ago? (I'd like to compare your list to my "pick the best-itemized item in every slot" strategy.) IIRC, the nerfs to those trinkets and the Revival nerf are the only things that have changed since then, and Revival isn't going to change our gearing strategy at all. Barring any balance changes in the next 2 weeks, I assume everything from post #1805 still applies, right?

Speaking of gearing, anyone have an idea of what http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/103825-5-...r-wildcard-int is? Shared boss drop? Trash drop? It still has a placeholder name...

Deleted
    So, with haste being less desirable, would it be worth going back to the 6141 haste cap instead of stretching to the 9158 cap? I'm currently squeezing the cap (i'm missing my cloak due to it being a reroll will get it this week tho) all my gem slots where I'd want Int / Crit i've Int / Haste just to make that cap. I'm wondering is it just worth my time going Int/ crit and going back to the 6141 cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrinitytv View Post
    I've been a slight lurker, where is this BiS list at I'm a bit curious?
    Post #s 1839 on pg 92 and 1841 on pg 93.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormsex View Post
    So, with haste being less desirable, would it be worth going back to the 6141 haste cap instead of stretching to the 9158 cap? I'm currently squeezing the cap (i'm missing my cloak due to it being a reroll will get it this week tho) all my gem slots where I'd want Int / Crit i've Int / Haste just to make that cap. I'm wondering is it just worth my time going Int/ crit and going back to the 6141 cap?
    I'm actually curious about this as well. Will a crit build be more favorable for 5.4?

I understand there has been some posts regarding trinkets and it's really annoying to go through the existing sheet I give people. I went through it and assigned some weights and have come out with a decently readable list. I used the following weights;

1 Int = 1, 1 HPS = 0.33, 1 spirit = 0.3, 1 MP5 = 0.54, 1 crit = 0.5, 1 haste = 0.4, 1 mastery = 0.4, Spirit proc = 0.3, Proc haste = 0
    Super old quote but I have a Q regarding this. Do these stat weights include Haste RPPM increases? Because I have LFR HLG [2] and Soothing Talisman [2] and thought the latter was better according to this but not sure if 30-45% Haste was taken into account.

Deleted
    Obviously not iirc that was done for 6k rating, to do that comparison you'll need to put your character through the spreadsheet.