Quote Originally Posted by womd View Post
    revival is a HUGE raid cooldown imo. its for that moment when a mechanic goes off you didn't expect or when the damage is just that high that everyone is low. an instant raid wide heal (hitting even harder in 5.3 for 25 man iirc). if you are pushing current content then our healing is much larger than any healer. the only time i do not dominate the meters in my 25 is when we are facerolling through farm content (or nights we randomly have 3 paladin and 2 disc priest o.o). because we rely on pure heals and hots and no aborbs there is going to be a lot of overheal and on low damage absorb healers will have more throughput.

on the topic of mana, we are the most mana efficient healer i believe. with the cost of soothing so low and near infinite mana with the legendary meta we can stack crit to gain even more regen!!

browse some http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/54196/ if you need more convincing

Not complaing about being the poor healer, tbh Im top of some 25 and my personal 10man.
    I just think that we have poor raid cooldowns, when shits got real, i just uplift uplift, chi torpedo, revival. Thats it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aminance View Post
    Not complaing about being the poor healer, tbh Im top of some 25 and my personal 10man.
    I just think that we have poor raid cooldowns, when shits got real, i just uplift uplift, chi torpedo, revival. Thats it.
    You should have 4 uplifts available, 3 chi torpedos, SCK, Revival... all the while with up to 14 passive HoTs ticking

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    You should have 4 uplifts available, 3 chi torpedos, SCK, Revival... all the while with up to 14 passive HoTs ticking
    too bad to go with power strikes?

I was not sure to post this here or in its own separate thread. With heroic gear and 5.3 upgrades staring down at us the 9158 haste cap is going to be attainable for more and more raiders. I have some personal reservations on it and I wanted to see if my concerns were justified.

1. It seems like placing all your eggs in one basket. ReM is often our #2 spell, but by getting that extra tick you miss out on crits for all your other spells. Yes it also changes soothing, sck and your time between auto attacks. Do these benefits outweigh the downsides?

2. I can see it being great for fights where there isn't a lot of constant raid wide damage, like early heroic Horridon or normal council. In those cases though it is feeling more like you are using the haste cap as a snipe heal. Gogo reforging each fight.

3. This third concern is the later availability of other stats. What I mean is this. Right now we can hit 6141 or our lower cap and still have great crit rates in both as well as flexibility in spirit. 9158 restricts our options for crit/haste reforges and gem considerations. This in turn makes it harder to min/max our character.

I ran some numbers on another monk in my guild using Reg's spreadsheet and it was not pretty. I can't guarntee that I used it correctly and I know that bugs him/her when folks use the spreadsheet to prove stuff but totally screw up the implementation.. What are all of your thoughts. What are you seeing people doing and how is it working out?
    Vivirei | Immortalis | US-Zul'Jin
    Do you want to be number one, or do you want to work hard enough to be number one?

too bad to go with power strikes?
    It probably has little to do with his skill as a player, and more to do with the fact that Power Strikes tends to be a less practical talent than Chi Brew is, in a general sense. IIRC, Power Strikes has a higher MP5 conversion than Chi Brew does, but Chi brew can also act as a make-shift cooldown in situations that require it, giving it an extra level of utility that Power Strikes lacks (An extra raid "cooldown" on a 1.5 min cd is quite nice, and I notice you were complaining about our distinct lack of cooldowns earlier in this thread).

You mean, 90% time overhealing and we have Throughput?
    I understand that you were probably exaggerating here, but just because "90%" of your healing was actually overhealing doesn't mean Mistweavers don't have throughput, it means you were probably timing your burst healing incorrectly OR you cleared the healing requirement of a given encounter fairly comfortably.
    Last edited by Ponk; 2013-05-12 at 01:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viveka View Post
    1. It seems like placing all your eggs in one basket. ReM is often our #2 spell, but by getting that extra tick you miss out on crits for all your other spells. Yes it also changes soothing, sck and your time between auto attacks. Do these benefits outweigh the downsides?
    They were roughly equal pre-RPPM, with RPPM it's kinda hard to ignore as a potential increase.

2. I can see it being great for fights where there isn't a lot of constant raid wide damage, like early heroic Horridon or normal council. In those cases though it is feeling more like you are using the haste cap as a snipe heal. Gogo reforging each fight.
    It's also great for fights with constant damage, your Renewing Mist will tick 0.2 seconds faster with an additional tick tacked on.

3. This third concern is the later availability of other stats. What I mean is this. Right now we can hit 6141 or our lower cap and still have great crit rates in both as well as flexibility in spirit. 9158 restricts our options for crit/haste reforges and gem considerations. This in turn makes it harder to min/max our character.
    It doesn't make anything harder, in the gear you will be looking at considering 9158 for a haste cap you will be able to attain it and keep ~7/8k crit rating. Stat availability is not a problem.

I ran some numbers on another monk in my guild using Reg's spreadsheet and it was not pretty. I can't guarntee that I used it correctly and I know that bugs him/her when folks use the spreadsheet to prove stuff but totally screw up the implementation.. What are all of your thoughts. What are you seeing people doing and how is it working out?
    It doesn't bug me at all, but you should probably know that the MK2 version of the sheet is outdated and doesn't account for RPPM at all. The following is a post I made trying to clarify the situation for some players you might be interested;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post20981763

If you can't be bothered, haste shifts weight from cooldowns to filler spells. It's also severely devalued by the fact you can spam SooM without haste to get a similar effect on chi generation. With RPPM as it is though, you cannot argue it is less mana efficient.
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2013-05-12 at 01:42 AM.

i got to the point with my gear where i would be reforging into mastery to drop more spirit and thought that some haste gems and going for 9158 would benefit me more. i have not noticed a huge difference, but in my guilds case we are way over geared and are held back by pebkac more than anything so its hard to see results healing wise :/
    my haste will only go up from here with more gear so i'll just replace more haste gems and not worry about mastery or spirit

When I Should SCK?

Deleted
    Throughput?
    You mean, 90% time overhealing and we have Throughput?
    So bad, I love play this class. But dude, There's so much wrong there.
    Yes we overheal an insane amount but to be able to play a monk well you don'y focus on whats happening to your raid frame, you focus on what will be happening to them in 15 seconds. As much as ReM is a very RNG based spell the ability to foresee incoming damage and prepare for it IMO is a very fun playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by womd View Post
    revival is a HUGE raid cooldown imo. its for that moment when a mechanic goes off you didn't expect or when the damage is just that high that everyone is low. an instant raid wide heal (hitting even harder in 5.3 for 25 man iirc). if you are pushing current content then our healing is much larger than any healer.
    Like Womd said, if you are pushing content then the fact that (as long as your keeping ReM up and your good at micro managing your Chi) we can instantly pull more than 700k hps really does make us the go-to healer if the fight has: A) contant damage (somwhat like Tortos Hc) or periods of very high damage (iron qon Hc / Rampage hc)

If thats all you think you have then can i suggest you try to plan the fight slightly better. As i said before being a good MW requires you to be 15 seconds ahead, take Jin'rokh HC for example, my guild has a gravitational pull to the orbs in lighting storm so me and my holy pala just need to brute force our way through the phase.

Start with TFT up, then get 4 chi before the phase:

Uplift x2
    Chi burst
    Chi brew
    Uplift once
    ReM + EH
    Uplift x2
    (at anytime during this you can also:
    SKC (if you hitting enough people)
    DM and Chi torpedo x3
    Revival)

Even though thats the 'rotation' i use for that fight, it can (mostly) be applyed to any heavy AE phase

Giving us a raid CD would be... unfair - a Monk IS a raid CD that lasts all through the fight.

Although not a lot of people have reached him, Ra-den phase 2 is a perfect example where Mistweavers shine and can show their throughput capabilities; ~2 minutes of constant AoE damage with minimal overhealing throughout (nothing above 26% except for SCK which was 35%).

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0o...=12981&e=13119

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0o...=12981&e=13119

My Revival usage only had 17.4% overheal but still only accounted for ~5% of my healing in that 2 minute window. Revival is great for what it costs and it's lack of preparation, and it CAN easily save lives, but when it comes down to it, it's just adding a small amount to our already existing throughput which is through the roof.

All I'm saying is, when raid healing is needed, Mistweaver Monks are great, regardless of overhealing.
    Last edited by Redfern; 2013-05-12 at 01:37 PM.

Question.

Is the Second and Third haste point worth reaching in a 10M raiding environment?

I have yet to find clarification on this, if it's only viable for 25M or what?

My guild is starting heroics for 10M today and I just wanted some insight on this here subject.

Deleted
    should i get 6141 haste breakpoint when i sometimes dont have 5% haste raid buff? actually iam 5900 haste w/o 5% haste buff

Quote Originally Posted by Xhoosenone View Post
    should i get 6141 haste breakpoint when i sometimes dont have 5% haste raid buff? actually iam 5900 haste w/o 5% haste buff
    I believe the 6141 haste breakpoint is in fierce tiger without any buffs. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Also, if you take a look at the first page you'd see this:

You are correct jpirog

Deleted
    i got 9256 haste in sws and still got only 11 ticks of ReM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...osenone/simple

Did you have the spell haste buff?

Deleted
    no. unbuffed

Deleted
    no. unbuffed
    Then you need 7864 out of stance haste

Deleted
    but then why is there haste requiered with sws 7864 w/o haste buff for 12 ticks when its wrong? i am so confused with that chart

Deleted
    but then why is there haste requiered with sws 7864 w/o haste buff for 12 ticks when its wrong? i am so confused with that chart
    Right it's not really hard to understand, without the 5% haste raid buff and without the stance buff you will need 7864 haste for 12 ticks. With the 5% buff you only need 6141.