10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Hmm i tried "ask mr robot" and wanted to see how i should get the 9k haste breakpoint. So it told me how to do it. But it wanted me to gem for spirit :S wich i dont really understand. If i do exactly as they say i would gain 6k spirit. But i have the legendery meta gem.

So i wonder. Does it do like this since i would loose out on crit (a fair bit) so i dont get so much manatea stacks from it. It just seems a little wierd imo :S

Edit the weights and remove spirit, or make it really low.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Hmm i tried "ask mr robot" and wanted to see how i should get the 9k haste breakpoint. So it told me how to do it. But it wanted me to gem for spirit :S wich i dont really understand. If i do exactly as they say i would gain 6k spirit. But i have the legendery meta gem.

So i wonder. Does it do like this since i would loose out on crit (a fair bit) so i dont get so much manatea stacks from it. It just seems a little wierd imo :S
    Personally I'm not a big fan of AskMrRobot but after messing around with the stat weights it got my character precisely the gemming and reforging options I need for the parameters I defined. In fact you probably didn't change the weight of intellect so that it gems intellect whenever possible. If you want to gem for intellect whilst getting the 4th ReM haste breakpoint make sure your intellect weight is more than twice the value of your highest secondary stat (because of MoP secondary stat gems having twice the stats of primary stat gems). It won't tell you if you've met the breakpoint so make sure you're at least with 38.87% haste, because it will just reforge for as much haste as possible until it surpasses the breakpoint so if your gear doesn't allow you to get the breakpoint you'll get some weird haste ratings on your gear.

If this happens it means you need to gem for pure haste gems and you should change the haste soft cap weight so that it is just above 1/2 of intellect's weight so that it gems and reforges for haste until the breakpoint, followed by intellect gemming and reforges for whatever you defined as your second highest secondary stat weight, which would probably be crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aminance View Post
    Tbh, I don't know what im doing.
    No reference around my ilvl, and people who's 510+ just has haste/crits gems
    Someone enlighten me ;-;
    At this point, it looks like all you need to do is enchant your shoulders, and you're golden with your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Luqyolo View Post
    Personally I'm not a big fan of AskMrRobot but after messing around with the stat weights it got my character precisely the gemming and reforging options I need for the parameters I defined. In fact you probably didn't change the weight of intellect so that it gems intellect whenever possible. If you want to gem for intellect whilst getting the 4th ReM haste breakpoint make sure your intellect weight is more than twice the value of your highest secondary stat (because of MoP secondary stat gems having twice the stats of primary stat gems). It won't tell you if you've met the breakpoint so make sure you're at least with 38.87% haste, because it will just reforge for as much haste as possible until it surpasses the breakpoint so if your gear doesn't allow you to get the breakpoint you'll get some weird haste ratings on your gear.

If this happens it means you need to gem for pure haste gems and you should change the haste soft cap weight so that it is just above 1/2 of intellect's weight so that it gems and reforges for haste until the breakpoint, followed by intellect gemming and reforges for whatever you defined as your second highest secondary stat weight, which would probably be crit.
    Hmm yea i did just follow the basics. And if it told me to gem/reforge to spirit i skipped that and went for intell/haste instead and some crit. It did drop me from 21% crit to 17% (almost 18%) so its not that bad in the end for me If i only was lucky soon wiht some nice gear drops i would be happy

Deleted
    Hey,
    just wanted some advices, on certains kind of fight.

What do you use to keep in live few people ( 3 in exemple), which take crazy damages
    ( feathers in jikuns nest 10 HM, P1 iron quon 10 hm, when your "trio" has to be packed and survive the fire aoe )

Healing 3 people is so much harder than healing 20 with our class^^

I try to use healing sphere, but i have to admit, althought i don't have any trouble on other fights, these situations cause me real troubles
    ( and sck, or uplift is not enought at all )

thanks

Deleted
    Unglyph Renewing Mist, also, you shouldn't be at range on iron qon. Get in melee because you're far more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Unglyph Renewing Mist, also, you shouldn't be at range on iron qon. Get in melee because you're far more effective.
    Can u be more wordy, please.

Deleted
    It would be really helpful if some of the more experienced Mistweavers shared their talent/glyph choices for each fight if possible please. 10 and 25 would be different I would expect. I would do it myself except I've been playing MW for about 3 weeks lol.

The guide and forum posts have been great in getting me up to speed with the class, so thanks very much folks

Do you guys uplift+thunder tea macro?
    I can't reach more than 8 Renewings, easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys uplift+thunder tea macro?
    I can't reach more than 8 Renewings, easy.
    8 renewing mists is the absolute most you can refresh with TfT. On average, you're going to be refreshing on 6-7.

Or are you saying that you cant get more than 8 after a refresh? if that is the case you need to use Renewing mists more often and on CD more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkai View Post
    It would be really helpful if some of the more experienced Mistweavers shared their talent/glyph choices for each fight if possible please.

I've just started heroics, but I'll share what has worked for me in 10m. The tiers that change the most for me are 30 and 90, with 15 and 75 changing occasionally. If I don't mention a given tier of talents, there's probably nothing to note and I just run with my standard talent for that tier. (Or I forgot. )

My standard talent choices are as follows:

Celerity / Tiger's Lust / Momentum
    Chi Wave / Zen Sphere / Chi Burst
    Power Strikes / Ascension / Chi Brew
    Ring of Peace / Charging Ox Wave / Leg Sweep
    Healing Elixers / Dampen Harm / Diffuse Magic
    Rushing Jade Wind / Xuen / Chi Torpedo

(As a general rule, always take Celerity if you have Chi Torpedo. The synergy between those two talents is extremely high. Outside of having Chi Torpedo, Momentum is nice if you need to heal while staying mobile.)

Jin'rokh:

30: Chi Burst are your friends here. Much of this fight is burst damage while stacked, giving leniency to Chi Burst. On Heroic, I take Chi Wave for extra healing during Lightning Storm.

75: Diffuse Magic works wonders in both normal and heroic, due to the high amounts of magic damage, and the interaction Diffuse has with the Ionization debuff.

90: Xuen is also good, especially because of the damage buff, but I find the burst AoE from Chi Torpedo to be more to my liking. In heroic, Chi Torpedo loses a little bit of utility, simply because it's much more difficult to use during Lightning Storms.

Horridon:

45: I've heard/read that Ring of Peace works extremely well on this fight, but haven't actually tried using it myself. Most likely worth at least an attempt or two.

75: I've always used Diffuse Magic, however, I think Dampen Harm is perfectly viable if your tanks are having trouble with add control, or you need that extra bit of survivability for the last phase, with Jalak.

90: Xuen is most likely the better choice here, as the damage debuff Horridon gets as the fight progresses immensely helps his Eminence healing. Chi Torpedo can still be taken if AoE healing is a concern.

Council:

30: The 30 tier is a bit more interesting in this fight. Chi Wave is typically my talent of choice because, but if tanks staying alive during Malak-Man-Mode is a problem, I found Zen Sphere to be a nice fail-safe. It's also not especially difficult to get a significant Chi Burst off here. Really, any talent in this tier is acceptable here.

90: As for the 90 talents, I prefer Xuen on this fight, just because quicksands can be pretty damaging if you mess up during a Torpedo. As a side note, Xuen also has a cleave ability, making him a little more beneficial than usual.

Tortos:

30: I typically take Chi Wave for spread out AoE healing, however Zen Sphere can be taken if tanks are having issues. Zen Sphere is especially useful against the bats.

90: I also take Xuen on this fight, but I can see Chi Torpedo being useful depending on the the raid layout, and more so in 25m. Xuen is taken for the extra healing following quake stomp, when you should be moving to avoid falling rocks.

Megaera:

30: I take Chi Burst here, for the insane amount of burst healing capability if you target the correct person with it. The other two talents in the 30 tier may also be viable for this fight, but I've had the most success with Burst.

90: Chi Torpedo, Chi Torpedo, Chi Torpedo. All about that AoE burst healing.

Ji-Kun:

(I think this fight may depend on where you're assigned. Our holy priest was having trouble with the main platform for our first attempts, so I ended up just solo healing the main platform the entire fight while everyone else did nests. My choices may be skewed here.)

30: I run with Chi Wave here, as there is a distinct lack of possible healing targets for the other two talents, and the raid tends to be spread out.

75: I also pick up Diffuse Magic for this, as it gives me an extra cooldown for eating puddles. Dampen Harm won't really work as well as Diffuse during this encounter.

90: Lastly, I use Xuen as my level 90 talent, specifically because he acts as a sort of cooldown. I mainly just used him to get through quills earlier in the tier. Chi Torpedo might be somewhat effective here, but as I said, there's a lot of healing spread out raid members.

Durumu:

30: I think Chi Burst and Chi Wave are both viable choices for this encounter. Chi Wave provides an instant, drawn out AoE heal which is helpful during Spectrums and Disintegration Beams. Chi burst is more focused towards the Disintegration beams, allowing a quick cast to top off the raid if used properly. I typically take Chi Burst.

75: I'll also mention that taking Diffuse here allows you to step into the Eye Sores for a few seconds, allowing you to AoE heal without fear of the beam touching you. Especially useful if you have derps in the raid that can't stay out of the Sores. Just be sure to move ahead of where you think the path will open, and be aware of the buff duration on Diffuse Magic.

90: Xuen is my 90 talent, using him just before the Disintegration beam begins in order to get a small amount of Eminence healing. It allows for a little more flexibility in balancing movement vs. AoE healing.

Primordius:

30: I typically use Chi Burst on this fight, but I can definitely see utility in the other two. I'd probably pick up Chi Wave if my group had more ranged in it than melee, and I might try Zen Sphere if Pathogen is causing single-target healing problems.

75: Diffuse Magic is a bit of a double-edged sword here. On one hand, it does a phenomenal job of cutting Pathogen damage. On the other, it dispells any and all mutations on you. It's good under certain circumstances, bad under others. I personally take it as a bit of a fail-safe, but I'd imagine Dampen Harm would work well also, maybe even better.

90: I typically take Chi Torpedo here, however Xuen probably works well also.

Dark Animus:

30: Typically, Chi Wave for the extra AoE healing while spread.

75: Diffuse vs. Dampen is a bit more of an interesting choice here, as they both have potent uses. Diffuse counteracts Matter Swap relatively well. Dampen Harm can potentially be useful when you are tanking a small Anima Golem, and if I'm not mistaken it will also halve the Matter Swap damage. I usually take Diffuse.

90: I take Xuen on this fight, as he helps quite a bit during the last phase.

Iron Qon:

30: Again, there is a large amount of stacked AoE healing in this fight, so I take Chi Burst. If you position yourself properly during fire phase, you can hit your entire group and the melee group along with at least one tank.

75: Lots of magic damage, take Diffuse Magic.

90: As I said, large amounts of stacked AoE healing. Chi Torpedo.

Twin Consorts:

Haven't seen enough of the fight to really have an opinion on this. It's extremely undertuned in normal mode IMO and I'm not sure any talents will specifically give you any problems. Others may be able to correct me on this, or provide input.

Lei Shen:

30: I take Chi Burst, as there are moments where you need to be stacked with the raid while the raid AoEs adds and you AoE heal. Chi Burst helps with both of those objectives, making it a superior choice IMO.

75: I'd also recommend taking Diffuse Magic as your 75 talent, simply because it allows you to solo soak static shocks on a 1.5m cooldown, on top of Zen Meditation. Dampen Harm may also work, but I don't think it works as well as Diffuse.

90: For the same reasons as Chi burst, I take Chi Torpedo for this fight. I feel Xuen may be a little inferior on this fight, simply because of the nature of healing during this encounter. I don't really think Xuen is necessary.

All of that said, many Mistweavers around here are leagues better than I am. Feel free to correct and provide input on anything I've said.

90: Xuen is my 90 talent, using him just before the Disintegration beam begins in order to get a small amount of Eminence healing. It allows for a little more flexibility in balancing movement vs. AoE healing.
    I'm using Chi Torpedo in this encounter. Most of our DPS are ranged and they usually run on the outmost path during the Disintegration Beam, so I ReM + Uplift tanks & melee while Torpedo'ing through the rest.

As for Twins:
    30: I'd recommend Chi Wave, as the raid is somewhat spreadout due to sleepy clouds / fire charge. Chi Burst also works for me, depending if the other 9 are able to stack up during dusk phase.

90: I take Chi Torpedo, mainly for aoe-healing the raid when both b....lovely ladies are present. But I could imagine Xuen works as well.

On Horridon and Ring of Peace: It will disarm the adds. This is particularly useful on the Frozen Warlords, as it prevents them from using Mortal Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Natu View Post
    I use a mouseover macro with grid for raidframes.

#showtooltip Renewing Mist
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists, nodead, help] Renewing Mist; Renewing Mist
    Casts ReM on my mouseover target, if i have my mouse hovering above a helpful, not-dead unit. If not, ReM is cast on my target.
    Excuse me, the part about to heal myself isn't working.
    Mouseover works, but if i get none, it doesnt do anything.

Excuse me, the part about to heal myself isn't working.
    Mouseover works, but if i get none, it doesnt do anything.
    Do you have autocast-on-self enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Do you have autocast-on-self enabled?
    aww shit :d
    ty.

Deleted
    For twin consorts heroic, chi burst & chi torpedo are by far the best combination you can take.

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice regarding talent choices per fight - much appreciated.

Deleted
    Is it just me or is Chi Wave never an acceptable choice in 25m? I rarely play around in that Talent-Tier and usually use Chi Burst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natu View Post
    Is it just me or is Chi Wave never an acceptable choice in 25m? I rarely play around in that Talent-Tier and usually use Chi Burst.
    All the talents are good, chi wave is for spot healing, chi burst is for stacked healing, and Zen Sphere is a small HoT with a large burst of healing with a trigger that ensures close to 100% effective healing. They're all acceptable on pretty much every fight and the only thing you should be considering is how many globals they eat over the alternatives and if you can afford those globals.