does the immerseus trinket for caster proc for mistweaver? and why isn't it on our loottable for gold rolls?
    13/13

Monk

It procs when you melee (same for other healers afaik). It's not on our loot table because it isn't meant for us, which sucks when you consider that other healers can off-spec roll it, but there's nothing you can really do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    It's not on our loot table because it isn't meant for us
    Yeah, it's technically a "caster DPS" trinket. It's a design goof on Blizzard's part IMO, especially since Purified Bindings is so competitive, especially in 10H. That is, it's not even like most of the healer trinkets even come close to blowing it out of the park, which may have been acceptable at that point. If Samophlange were the only healer trinket that was worse than Bindings for MW, and Bindings was significantly behind all the other trinkets, it might have been fine, but that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    RWJ and CB are the way to go for HPS, if you want to stay relevant on meters, it's all about timing:
    - At least one uplift after roar hits
    - CB after one of the roars where your raid gets lower, this depends on your CD asignments, usually for me one of the early ones after Spirit Shells wear off where we don't have any major CDs going so somewhere between 4-7
    - You get to use another CB when you are stacked, but this one just falls on your discretion, be careful to not get interrupted though, as you will get silenced.
    - If your revival is not being used as a CD (I used mine as we stacked to make sure we were all topped off) you can use it right as he transitions into kite phase, the raid will be lowest at this point and you get the most healing out of it. It is pretty good for clearing debuffs during green phase though (if your priests are bad).
    - Keep using TFT and RJW during spread phase, you NEED to take advantage of Meta procs to jab the jailer for this however or you will be tight for mana.
    - Using RJW during meta procs is very good for mana too.
    - Make sure you are never a kite target, basically try to be closer to the boss than the rest of the healers/ranged when he is about to switch targets and you are golden.

As for bats, I call my raid to pop personals a couple of seconds after they are gathered on top of melee, call for DPS to use their potion and blow CDs to fuck them up. Also if you have a DPS druid a BOP Tranq will help a lot during bats and it's a long enough CD that it won't be used in the rotation anyway.

EDIT: even if you all this you aren't going to win the meters anyway, Disc and Shamans require little effort to do much better numbers than us on this fight (or most fights for that matter).
    I don't quite understand how the silence/interupt mechanic works... this may make me look stupid, but is the mechanic that ONLY IF i am casting when his screech goes out i get silenced? If that's the case then I've been doing this fight all wrong for a long time and things will be vastly different. I might even start taking zen sphere because I would always get interupted trying to use cb and then not be able to uplift.

So to recap or get things straight, if I never use channeled spells and only use instant cast spells I will NEVER get silenced?

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    I don't quite understand how the silence/interupt mechanic works... this may make me look stupid, but is the mechanic that ONLY IF i am casting when his screech goes out i get silenced? If that's the case then I've been doing this fight all wrong for a long time and things will be vastly different. I might even start taking zen sphere because I would always get interupted trying to use cb and then not be able to uplift.

So to recap or get things straight, if I never use channeled spells and only use instant cast spells I will NEVER get silenced?
    That's correct. Chi Burst does have a very short cast time though, so if you time it after his screech goes off you can finish the cast before the next screech. A good thing to do is either have Thok targeted or on your Focus frame so that you can see his cast bar at all times and properly thread spells that need to be cast between screeches (although Chi Burst is the only relevant cast for MWs).

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    That's correct. Chi Burst does have a very short cast time though, so if you time it after his screech goes off you can finish the cast before the next screech. A good thing to do is either have Thok targeted or on your Focus frame so that you can see his cast bar at all times and properly thread spells that need to be cast between screeches (although Chi Burst is the only relevant cast for MWs).
    I have ElvUI so i have boss frames, but I really need another clarification because this seems like such an infantile thing I should have known.

The 2sec silence only affects you if you are casting or channeling when his screech is cast?

I thought the 2sec silence was just part of the fight and something that I had to deal with. No wonder I'm being so outperformed, hopefully I don't get benched before we get to him this week.

This seems like such an infantile thing that I should have realized, I hope I don't get benched this week because of my underperformance. I really felt useless because of the silence.

No, you do not get silenced unless you are casting when the screech goes off. I understand the confusion because normally silences happen regardless and interrupts only happen when casting, but this is a special silence that only silences if you get interrupted.

Deleted
    Having Thok cast bar on your UI is great, but another thing is to time the cast, just what Totaltotemic said. Do not finish a cast (CB) if its in the range of a screech cast finish.
    Last edited by mmoc65e7a4e938; 2014-08-20 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombade View Post
    Having Thok cast bar on your UI is great, but another thing is to time the cast, just what Totaltotemic said. Do not finish a cast (CB) if its in the range of a screech cast finish.
    We take thok to 28 stacks it's usually around 18 or so when I get in trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    No, you do not get silenced unless you are casting when the screech goes off. I understand the confusion because normally silences happen regardless and interrupts only happen when casting, but this is a special silence that only silences if you get interrupted.
    The interrupt from Thok actually doesn't silence - it locks you out of the school you're currently casting(a warlock can use Soul Fire when getting interrupted during Shadow Bolt and vice versa). The Mistweaver healing spells are Nature, Melee or both(in the case of RJW/SCK). This means that once you are interrupted during Chi Burst(Nature), you can only use pure Melee spells/abilities.

If you are unsure where to fit in CB, just use Zen Sphere and alternate between 2 targets in the 2 different stack groups. I don't heal Thok very often and had a lot better performance playing like that than using CB. Zen Sphere also costs more GCDs than CB, which can make your mana drop just a little slower than with CB.
    Last edited by mmoc35ab743d22; 2014-08-20 at 06:00 PM.

It's pretty hard to get interrupted as a MW since pretty much everything is instant. Even SCK doesn't get you interrupted since its a melee skill. Just avoid Soothing, Enveloping and Surging and you'll be fine. Timing CB is not that difficult either, as it's a very fast cast.
    EDIT: also you can cast freely during Aura Mastery, which I'm pretty sure your group will be chaining at some point to allow healers and DPS to free cast.

Deleted
    The problem with CB has been for me that I want to get it out the exact same moment a screech goes out. I feel that it simply wouldn't be worth taking over ZS if I can't time that perfectly. Too early: only one stack group or no stack group profits from the heal. Too late: I get interrupted/half the raid is topped off already from smart heals.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been a few months since I healed and feel like I'm missing something. I only really healed 3 weeks or so before and that was back in May-ish. Logs from tonight are below if anyone can toss me some tips, I know my survivability was awful, not used to having to watch unit frames and the fight.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nhyWcpz1gX7QZbkm
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Been a few months since I healed and feel like I'm missing something. I only really healed 3 weeks or so before and that was back in May-ish. Logs from tonight are below if anyone can toss me some tips, I know my survivability was awful, not used to having to watch unit frames and the fight.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nhyWcpz1gX7QZbkm
    Healing with 2 disc priests. I feel your pain.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...3&type=healing

Healed with 3 tonight. WTF

Deleted
    Mistweavers are just awful for klaxxi 25HC, no matter how you plan on speccing and itemizing for it. All the dmg is completely random (except for tank spikes (lol) ), and gets sniped easily with 2 discs. having that 100k hps more or less is where you will always be at with a good disc.

There are only a few moments where Mistweavers could potentially snipe: xuen cleave, cloak proc, revival at bad parasites, lines, reave, you name it.

I believe my personal record is 85% overhealing on heroic Paragons.

There is just nothing to heal in that fight, you can end this fight with 2 healers only on the last few paragons without any issues.. only the fiery lines and aim require SOME kind of healing, and even then you have tons of external cooldowns.

It ended up being too frustrating so I decided to do the farming on my priest and laugh all the way, except on Malkorok.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    I'm on the same boat with you, Spotnick, its just not fun apart from malkorok

I know Suplift has said that he likes Glyph of Surging Mist for 10H, you know? I've actually been using it a lot healing with disc/shaman/paladin or disc/disc/shaman/paladin in 25H. It's useful because with that many healers and spiky damage, health bars dance all over the place. By the time you target someone who's low and hit them with surging 1s later, whether hard cast @12k haste or via SooM, they're not usually nearly as low anymore. With the hard cast smart heal, you heal who needs it without getting your targetted heals sniped by smart-heals. I like to pre-cast them and spam them a little bit right as Amber is dropping to save people who might take a tick or two and didn't get lucky with Disc absorbs. Not like you need SCK glyph with RJW anyway (and if you're not taking RJW in 25H with good absorb co-healers then you're probably not doing much SCK either?). Anyway, I've gotten some decent rankings on Paragons this way. (Note: #50 world MW will still be way below your Disc Priests though :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    I know Suplift has said that he likes Glyph of Surging Mist for 10H, you know? I've actually been using it a lot healing with disc/shaman/paladin or disc/disc/shaman/paladin in 25H. It's useful because with that many healers and spiky damage, health bars dance all over the place. By the time you target someone who's low and hit them with surging 1s later, whether hard cast @12k haste or via SooM, they're not usually nearly as low anymore. With the hard cast smart heal, you heal who needs it without getting your targetted heals sniped by smart-heals. I like to pre-cast them and spam them a little bit right as Amber is dropping to save people who might take a tick or two and didn't get lucky with Disc absorbs. Not like you need SCK glyph with RJW anyway (and if you're not taking RJW in 25H with good absorb co-healers then you're probably not doing much SCK either?). Anyway, I've gotten some decent rankings on Paragons this way. (Note: #50 world MW will still be way below your Disc Priests though :P)
    Surging Mist glyph was originally/primarily suggested and used for 25H actually - It's less useful in 10H, but still better throughput than other 3rd glyphs. :>
    Indeed, in 25s there's way more choices to target (non-smart healing reaction times are slower), and more smart-heals to snipe.
    I ranked 13 on Klaxxi last night (with a Disc + Pally both doing 60% absorbs), but my pathetic HPS is still below 1,600 Disc priests.
    =
    Bowick
    Mistweaver Monk

Officer @ The Raven Council - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Liff View Post
    Surging Mist glyph was originally/primarily suggested and used for 25H actually - It's less useful in 10H, but still better throughput than other 3rd glyphs. :>
    Indeed, in 25s there's way more choices to target (non-smart healing reaction times are slower), and more smart-heals to snipe.
    I ranked 13 on Klaxxi last night (with a Disc + Pally both doing 60% absorbs), but my pathetic HPS is still below 1,600 Disc priests.
    Lol really? IDR that but I tended to glaze over 25-man posts in the past. Well I just re-invented the wheel, folks. You're welcome.