Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Executive orders is being used alot now. Its to condition people that the President can act without congress. It will get worse and worse. No different from a dictator. This is shaping up like Nazi germany where hitler bombed his own reichstag to declare martial law. Just wave dead kids in our face to take our freedoms. Even if government didnt stage these attacks themself to slowly chop away at our rights, they certainly capitalize on them. Government knows best that less guns is more gun crime, they want that. They can police us more. heres a few facts when guns are incrementally taken until completely gone.
    In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
    China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated
    Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    No, it makes you look silly, the reasonable folks are looking at this with an open mind. Before you continue wantonly slapping folks around, you might want open your own eyes.
    telling the truth is slapping people around with facts. what? is it not true. why can't we make that overwhelmingly clear? oh wait you want us to paddy cake paddy cake with you.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    banning "military-style" assault weapons
    limiting ammunition magazines to 10 rounds

the "military style" would mean hunting rifles.

Using executive orders is a problem with me.
    These executive orders don't do that. At all.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    If someone was determined enough to commit a crime, then they could obtain illegal materials to aide them in their crime.
    What percentage of gun murders in the US are caused by people who are that determined? Feel free to pull numbers completely out of your ass if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    The Colorado shooter who shot up the cinema obtained illegal items to aide him in his crime, and some were even more regulated than guns (Bombs....yeah). Which is another reason I don't believe banning guns would do much good.
    Are you talking about the "Batman killer"?

On May 22, 2012, Holmes purchased a Glock 22 pistol at a Gander Mountain shop in Aurora, and six days later bought a Remington Model 870 shotgun at a Bass Pro Shops in Denver.[50] On June 7, just hours after failing his oral exam at the university,[42] he purchased a Smith & Wesson M&P15 semi-automatic rifle, with a second Glock 22 pistol following on July 6.[51] All the weapons were bought legally.[52] In the four months prior to the shooting, Holmes also bought 3000 rounds of ammunition for the pistols, 3000 rounds for the M&P15, and 350 shells for the shotgun over the Internet.[53][54] On July 2, he placed an order for a Blackhawk Urban Assault Vest, two magazine holders and a knife at an online retailer
    No idea what "illegal items" you're referring to. Do you mean the explosives he rigged his apartment with? The bomb squad detonated those, nobody was injured (whereas his legally obtained firearms killed 12 and wounded 58). I can't find any information on how he obtained explosives, or if he made them himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it makes you look silly, the reasonable folks are looking at this with an open mind. Before you continue wantonly slapping folks around, you might want open your own eyes.
    You must have missed the twenty or so people in the first three pages who claimed these EOs banned guns.

You happen to be an outlier in this thread. You paid attention. My message was for those who didn't.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account

I find I must repeat myself. Which executive order established this?

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    No shit, he's saying hearsay is enough to get a warrant, and I'm calling him on his bullshit. Will it maybe get a cop at the front door to ask some questions? Probably. Do I, and any other citizen of the United States, have a right to not answer those questions and ask the officer to leave? Yes. Will that likely be enough for the officer to submit a sworn affidavit and obtain a warrant? Probably. He keeps skipping that step of "a police officer actually does his job for a little bit" and jumps straight from "random dude said x" to warrant.
    Both Endus and I have expanded on court decisions that contradict your views. At this point, you can either point to other court decisions specifically nullifying these, or you can argue that we have misinterpreted these decisions and our stance that said decisions expand the probably cause required to obtain a warrant.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-01-17 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    tip: go online and check US crime figures compared to civilised countries and weep people, something is very VERY wrong with ur "greatest nation on earth..."
    So what would you have us do just deport all minorities? Cause thats about the only way to bring down crime to the level of other countries. Remember the US is a melting pot of people from many ethnic backgrounds. We arent predominately white like most European countries are. When your country is 90% white of course you are going to have next to no crime rate. When you have a large group of minorities and gangs like the US does of course crime is going to be high.

you didn't read what he said Grokan. I dont see where the poster is saying there IS a ban... he's saying his state would probably shoot down any bills that would attempt it.
    which is why they aren't going to even try. the republicans and dems of the house are AGAINST BANNING GUNS. hence why there is no mention of a gun ban. clear enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansem View Post
    Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
    So much wrong about this statement I don't know where to begin

Executive orders is being used alot now. Its to condition people that the President can act without congress. It will get worse and worse. No different from a dictator. This is shaping up like Nazi germany where hitler bombed his own reichstag to declare martial law. Just wave dead kids in our face to take our freedoms. Even if government didnt stage these attacks themself to slowly chop away at our rights, they certainly capitalize on them. Government knows best that less guns is more gun crime, they want that. They can police us more. heres a few facts when guns are incrementally taken until completely gone.
    In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
    China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated
    Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Haha you're totally right, none of those major armed conflicts of the 20th Century would've happened had it not been for gun control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    My point was that they were baned once before. What's wrong with continuing the ban?
    Maybe cause any evidence that it worked or didn't work is inconclusive.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I'm waiting to see how these people having guns would have saved their lives from the organized military effort that rounded them up?

Oh sweet he's gonna try bring the assault weapon ban back that really did nothing except have gun manufacturer's make a few changes while at the same time allowing you to buy large magazines prior to the ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Oh sweet he's gonna try bring the assault weapon ban back that really did nothing except have gun manufacturer's make a few changes while at the same time allowing you to buy large magazines prior to the ban.
    These executive orders don't do that.

Yes, he has said he wants it back. No, it's already clear it won't clear Congress.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account

gahhhhhhhhh!

I swear to god they're trolling us...
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

[IMG]I'm waiting to see how these people having guns would have saved their lives from the organized military effort that rounded them up? [/IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Sigh . . .

None of these EOs contain gun bans. Or gun part bans. Or any type of bans.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I'm at the point where I can't take people seriously anymore when they claim BHO is a communist.
    do you take the people that attack the right as a bunch of gun loving, anti-government rednecks seriously?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    These executive orders don't do that. At all.
    1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
    2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
    3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
    4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
    5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
    6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
    7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
    8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
    9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
    10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
    11. Nominate an ATF director.
    12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
    13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
    14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
    15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies
    16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
    17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
    18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
    19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
    20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
    21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
    22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
    23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

And these are the legislative ideas -- i.e., the ones the president wants to push through Congress, starting with the more pliable Senate.

Require criminal background checks for all gun sales. (a.k.a. closing the "gun show loophole.")

Reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban.

Restore the 10-round limit on ammunition magazines.

Protect police by finishing the job of getting rid of armor-piercing bullets.

Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun crime.

End the freeze on gun violence research.

Make our schools safer with more school resource officers and school counselors, safer climates, and better emergency response plans.

Help ensure that young people get the mental health treatment they need.

Ensure health insurance plans cover mental health benefits.