Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Mechagnome select20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by PutressFIRST View Post
    Huh? What other things need fixing that involve child deaths that most of the nation is already behind? I guess religious texts for one.
    Religious texts kill children?
    "A wise man fears and departs from evil, But a fool rages and is self-confident."

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Right wing gun nuts dont like facts and such. they live by the mantra more guns better more safe. If that dogma of idiocy was true we would be the SAFEST country in the world already since gun ownership is extremely high. And it can only be called idiocy when you deny the facts so blatantly as the NRA does.
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83014609/
    just a random one.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Obama doesn't want kids to die, I am enraged by this.

    Wait no I'm not that makes sense.
    If Obama cared about kids dying he wouldn't be blowing them into pulp in the middle east with his immoral drone program.

    His crocodile tears don't mean shit.

  4. #44
    The Lightbringer Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    No, you go read them. I understand what the agenda is, you do not. Look at all his years as president, if you don't see it there is no helping you. Liberties are never taken away all at once, "Little by Little" is the key term here.

    Again, ignorance is bliss. Enjoy it.
    slippery slope fallacy nonsense.

    And of course the refusal to actually consider the facts, while maintaining their reality is the only true one.

    Welcome to why our political system is and will remain completely broken.

  5. #45
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,531
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Take a look at history and see for yourself hat happens when Guns are banned? Things always get worse, every single time. You cannot argue against that unless you choose to remain ignorant. In extreme cases like Hitler, Stalin, etc. Things got really bad. All these gun proposals and laws like this only serve to push it in that direction, this is what is pissing people off and scaring many. People who know history know to be concerned.
    So a couple times where guns are removed from society, things went bad. Explain all the countries around the world with minimal guns and their lack of gun violence. Don't get me wrong, I am a supporter of guns, but at least be smart about it.

  6. #46
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    22,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    If Obama cared about kids dying he wouldn't be blowing them into pulp in the middle east with his immoral drone program.

    His crocodile tears don't mean shit.
    Yeah, he'd be blowing them away using fighter-bombers like every other President.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  7. #47
    Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,103
    Nicely done Prez. glad i voted for you...again

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    A "school resource officer" is a police officer based in a school who serves primarily as a counselor and educator and liasons with all parties involved (admins, teachers, parents). Their role is not really as an armed guard.
    We had one of these in the highschool I was in. His job was basically stopping fights, keeping hallways from getting congested or if a teacher was running late he would sit in on the class until the teacher showed up. He was basically just someone on hand to help keep things under control and going smoothly.

  9. #49
    Herald of the Titans Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,878
    Nothing to see here, just a few new gov agencies opening up and taking even more tax dollars! YAYyYYYyYYYY!! Now we can go bankrupt 10 years sooner! FUCK YEAHHhHHhhHHHhhHHHhHHHhHHH!

    /dance

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Take a look at history and see for yourself hat happens when Guns are banned? Things always get worse, every single time. You cannot argue against that unless you choose to remain ignorant. In extreme cases like Hitler, Stalin, etc. Things got really bad. All these gun proposals and laws like this only serve to push it in that direction, this is what is pissing people off and scaring many. People who know history know to be concerned.
    Why do people always bring up Hitler? He was able to get power because guns were NOT banned and he assembled his own army that was capable of crushing any other resistance. His tyranny was enabled by guns.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Take a look at history and see for yourself hat happens when Guns are banned? Things always get worse, every single time. You cannot argue against that unless you choose to remain ignorant. In extreme cases like Hitler, Stalin, etc. Things got really bad. All these gun proposals and laws like this only serve to push it in that direction, this is what is pissing people off and scaring many. People who know history know to be concerned.
    I wish to see some published refference(s) to your mentioned history of what happens when guns are banned. I'm an ignorant european, so I'm genuinely curious and wish to expand my view.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010461094

    Zellviren of Invective of Killrogg: I salute you.

  12. #52
    Pit Lord Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,472
    Good job Mr Obama
    Synek - best rogue in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think I know what the acronym "tsg" is. It's not RBG's or Arena, random battlegrounds, or any form of dungeon or raid that I can think of. What does it mean?

  13. #53
    Scarab Lord Buckwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Turn of the fear mongering of Fauxnews and get with the program of FACTS, NONE of this tramples on your civil liberties unless you think it is a right to be able to buy guns without having to prove that you arent a criminal
    If you think Fox News is bad, take your time to fact check MSNBC and CNN. Both are way worse with their slants than Fox News. But, again, I only watch Bret Baier and Red Eye (Greg Gutfeld is hilarious) on Fox, everything I skip.

    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Really what so bad about making sure we keep guns out of the hands of TERRORISTS and violent FELONS?
    Nothing. Which is why we have the laws in the first place. They need to be re-worked. We shouldn't just pile more laws on top of the broken ones we have.

    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    I know so far none on the far right have explained why we should allow them to arm at gunshows and private sales is a good thing.
    Who said arming terrorists and felons at a gun show is a good thing? No one. Everyone "on the right" that I know want to stop felons from having guns. I


    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Waiting on your good quality reason on why you want a convicted murder to have a bushmaster .223 caliber AR-15. I am waiting why should a convicted MURDER have legal access to AR-15 ( which is the case today when you have those loopholes in background checks)
    Again, weak argument, it's illegal for ANY convicted felon (regardless of the crime) to have a weapon. Again, NO ONE is arguing that they should have them. This is another, we need to re-work our existing laws, not just add more.

    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Heck we could even arm 1000 MUSLIM terrorists thru those loopholes and do a Mumbai terrorist attack in New York or Chicago or some other major city and kill 25,000.. all by LEGALLY purchased firearms due to the loopholes you think are a civil liberty.
    And people still get illegal drugs through loopholes. Also, look at the gun violence and violent crimes in Chicago, then look at their gun laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    So explain why do you want to keep arming MURDERS and TERRORISTS. I am waiting for a good answer that isnt the usual right wing nonsense
    Again, I haven't seen anyone "on the right" who wants to arm any murderer or terrorists (good job with your fear-mongering by the way). What "the right" doesn't want is a ban on guns that are given under the 2nd amendment. You're entire argument is left wing nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    Nicely done Prez. glad i voted for you...again
    How's that paycheck of yours doing after he said "won't tax the middle"?

    Oh and by the way, I'm not a republican.

  14. #54
    Mechagnome select20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Did you read the list? I did. Nothing there is infringing on rights.
    You would know I read them by my response if you understood what was going on. Why do you think so many are upset? I'm not saying every single thing there is bad, in fact, there are a few I'm okay with. But when something like this is signed, it's all or none. But moving more people into some Government Database doesn't bother you? People were pissed at Facebook saying they were starting to step on the toes of Privacy, allowing people to use our profiles for study purposes. Now, you think people aren't going to mind when the Government wants to do the same, but putting a different name on it?
    "A wise man fears and departs from evil, But a fool rages and is self-confident."

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    We had one of these in the highschool I was in. His job was basically stopping fights, keeping hallways from getting congested or if a teacher was running late he would sit in on the class until the teacher showed up. He was basically just someone on hand to help keep things under control and going smoothly.
    That's the part you saw him do. Behind the scenes he may have been working with admins and teachers about safety plans, and with teachers and parents about any troubled students.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    His whole presidency? You do know that in his term as president, there were only two gun laws he signed, and they were to EXPAND gun rights. So please ... tell me what he has done to take your guns?

    But we have nutcase organizations on the far right that thinks any laws involving guns is a slippery slope and that those expansions is just a step on the slippery slope where he puts laws out there to "fake" the real agenda and that it is actually just a part of him coming to take the guns on Tuesday at 10:39 am. It is a known fact that you cant have rational discussions with irrational people. And the bulk of the gun nuts are irrational people when it comes to gun safety in this country.

    Check that idiot in Tennessee that said i will have to go out and start killing people. Really how more clear does it get that we need gun control and background checks if we have people that publicly will go out and say i need to go out and kill people now. Really you gun nutsos wants an AR-15 on his shoulder and you consider someone that goes on and says i will have to go out and kill people a good guy? really you should be outraged that an idiot like him got even within a 1000 ft of a firearm in the first place.

  17. #57
    The Lightbringer Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Take a look at history and see for yourself hat happens when Guns are banned? Things always get worse, every single time. You cannot argue against that unless you choose to remain ignorant. In extreme cases like Hitler, Stalin, etc. Things got really bad. All these gun proposals and laws like this only serve to push it in that direction, this is what is pissing people off and scaring many. People who know history know to be concerned.
    Guns will not be banned. The WORST that would happen is some types of guns might be. And even that's unlikely. I don't know why I'm trying to reason with you -- nothing anyone here will say will change your preconceived notion that people are going to take away your guns.

    Just don't go shooting up a place in your outrage, alright?

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    So a couple times where guns are removed from society, things went bad. Explain all the countries around the world with minimal guns and their lack of gun violence. Don't get me wrong, I am a supporter of guns, but at least be smart about it.
    Also don't play along with his NRA-fed Hitler took guns away thing. Hitler inherited strict gun laws imposed upon Germany by the Treaty of Versailles after WWI. The Nazis actually loosened gun laws but made sure the Jews didn't benefit. This more complicated picture doesn't really support either "side" in the gun control debate, as if extreme examples like this were relevant anyway.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Take a look at history and see for yourself hat happens when Guns are banned? Things always get worse, every single time. You cannot argue against that unless you choose to remain ignorant. In extreme cases like Hitler, Stalin, etc. Things got really bad. All these gun proposals and laws like this only serve to push it in that direction, this is what is pissing people off and scaring many. People who know history know to be concerned.
    You are mindnumbing. I never really write this but; I got cancer from reading your posts, terrible, malignant mass fatal brain cancer. Seriously, get over yourself and bury your thick head in a history book you ignorant sock.

  20. #60
    Mechagnome select20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    I wish to see some published refference(s) to your mentioned history of what happens when guns are banned. I'm an ignorant european, so I'm genuinely curious and wish to expand my view.
    You want to see some published History? It wouldn't be history if it wasn't published somewhere. How about show some concern, quit being lazy and study for yourself instead of expecting others to do it for you. I could use your argument and say, Show me some published reference saying I'm wrong. You can't and you won't.
    "A wise man fears and departs from evil, But a fool rages and is self-confident."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •