Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tougher back ground checks?
    No freaking crap. Should of been done since Guns became so popular.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    So, if I buy a rifle that is designed for competition shooting, that's okay, but if I buy a "weapon soldiers take to war" that's not okay? lol
    No, because even competition guns have the capacity to kill. The base concept of a gun is a weapon, just like the base concept of a sword is a weapon. Both are weapons, both are inherently lethal. To pretend they are not is ignoring the facts.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The fact that kendo and fencing are sports does not change that swords are designed to kill people.

I've used a gun professionally, and I'm relatively pro-fun, but the idea that there are people posting here who don't consider guns to be weapons designed expressly for killing scares the bejesus out of me. It shows and clear lack of respect for the firearm and what it is capable of, meaning you're a potential danger to everyone around you when you're handling the weapon.
    LOL. Meanwhile, on capitol hill:

Anyone that's taken a hunter safety course, or any firearm safety course, can point out at least 3 things the woman on the left is doing right, and at least 3 things the "Champion of Gun Control", Dianne Feinstein, is doing wrong.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Jus' sayin', my man, Bush bears a heay burden for everything under the sun. When something goes bad, it's somehow Bush's fault.

Got Bin Laden? Happend on Obama's watch, his credit.

Failed gun running op? Bush did it first, his fault.
    Bush did a lot in his presidency...you can't just avoid the fact that he caused a lot of the problems we have now by saying people play partisan politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    I'll tell you where I don't get them: MSNBC, FauxNews, CNN, RT, Current, or any other biased bullshit source.
    oh hey. me neither.
    There's literally hundreds of firearms designed solely for sport shooting, i.e. competitions, or hunting. My shotgun that I pointed out, is highly sought among gun enthusiasts, not because it's designed to kill humans, but because it's a beautiful firearm, and has one of the best "actions" in the world of shotguns, and when fitted with a slug barrel (which is the only way I can hunt deer in my area of New York State) is one of, if not the most accurate slug guns in the WORLD. Now, if it were designed to kill people, it would have a short barrel, pistol grip, telescopic sight, and hardware for mounting a bayonet or grenade launcher or some shit on it, because clearly THOSE are what makes them dangerous based on the current legislation the democrats are seeking to have passed.
    WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS? no one in congress is talking about banning guns. PERIOD. and oh lucky day i have steak knives that can cut a jugular if i wanted to use them in that way. its not what you think its made for its what people can or will use them for. thats the point. but thats beside the point where if you even SKIM the EO's point there is no mention of gun bans....how many times do we have to say this?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I'm really fascinated that conservatives think the effects of an administration that was in power for 8 years don't even last for the next 8 years.
    Well Democrats sure were all about that line of thought when Osama got double tapped.

LOL. Meanwhile, on capitol hill:

Anyone that's taken a hunter safety course, or any firearm safety course, can point out at least 3 things the woman on the left is doing right, and at least 3 things the "Champion of Gun Control", Dianne Feinstein, is doing wrong.
    that really is LOL indeed. hot girl who loves guns and knows how to "safely practice the 2nd ammendment" then some ugly, old, demonizing lady who hates guns. classic bias.

I have never heard of government agencies buying in super bulk.
    they just bought another 200k i can find all the other times they bought it equaling 1.6billion
    https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...ac203&_cview=0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Jus' sayin', my man, Bush bears a heay burden for everything under the sun. When something goes bad, it's somehow Bush's fault.

Got Bin Laden? Happend on Obama's watch, his credit.

Failed gun running op? Bush did it first, his fault.
    Bush even said he "wasn't concerned" with Bin Laden (and then we should watch him golf.) Bush actively disengaged the military and the media from the hunt for Bin Laden and then set the crosshairs on Saddam Hussein. So yes, Obama turning matters back to Osama and bagging that son of a bitch is to Obama's credit.

Bush still gets shit upon because we're still feeling a lot of the effects of his administration, with the wars and the debt he caused. This isn't to say Obama or anyone else currently in the White House or Congress isn't to blame, but Bush doesn't get absolved simply because time has passed.
    Putin khuliyo

LOL. Meanwhile, on capitol hill:[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/fvzms1.jpg[/IG]

You aren't reading what people are actually writing. Endus isn't even for gun bans, on the whole. The current problem is the safety courses you discussed aren't necessary to own a gun. Clueless people like Feinstein can own guns, and that is scary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansem View Post
    China is the largest foreign owner of America's debt, but that is only 8% of the total.
    We already said that glad to see you catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    oh hey. me neither.

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS? no one in congress is talking about banning guns. PERIOD. and oh lucky day i have steak knives that can cut a jugular if i wanted to use them in that way. its not what you think its made for its what people can or will use them for. thats the point. but thats beside the point where if you even SKIM the EO's point there is no mention of gun bans....how many times do we have to say this?
    And what part of NO ONE IS REFERRING TO THE FUCKING EOS WHEN THEY MAKE THAT STATEMENT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? Current legislation, which is support by Obama, Biden, and Feinstein DOES call for gun bans. Quit being a sniveling little fuck and resorting to "well the EO doesn't say this" when the man that signed those EOs has made his stance on banning guns absolutely crystal clear?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-01-17 at 02:58 AM.
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    No, because even competition guns have the capacity to kill. The base concept of a gun is a weapon, just like the base concept of a sword is a weapon. Both are weapons, both are inherently lethal. To pretend they are not is ignoring the facts.
    Exactly.

And pretending that they're anything but weapons, primarily, leads to a more careless attitude when handling the weapon. This is what leads to accidents. Which is why it's a dangerous attitude to have.

Anything you point a gun at is a target you have chosen to destroy. That is absolutely fundamental to every single code of gun handling I have ever been presented with, including the NRA's gun safety regs. This is not an anti-gun statement, this is a pro-gun anti-carelessness statement. It's people who don't respect the weapon who put their hand over the muzzle or shoot themselves in the foot, because they treated it the same way they would a baseball bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    So, if I buy a rifle that is designed for competition shooting, that's okay, but if I buy a "weapon soldiers take to war" that's not okay? lol
    "competition guns" are designed to... accurately hit targets.
    so different than those other guns designed to accurately hit targets!

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    We already said that glad to see you catch up.
    ok so multiple people told you that you were wrong, that must suck

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem View Post
    ok so multiple people told you that you were wrong, that must suck
    How exactly is he wrong? America owns 2/3 of America's debt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your attempt to use a motivational poster as "evidence" notwithstanding, the issue here is finding and removing guns from people who have them illegally, further preventing people who should not have them from acquiring them, and preventing people from acquiring guns with the capacity to kill far beyond the need to defend one's self

Not from keeping camo-hat girl from posing in her backyard with a gun. Unless she fits the above criteria.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-17 at 02:58 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Exactly.

And pretending that they're anything but weapons, primarily, leads to a more careless attitude when handling the weapon. This is what leads to accidents. Which is why it's a dangerous attitude to have.

Anything you point a gun at is a target you have chosen to destroy. That is absolutely fundamental to every single code of gun handling I have ever been presented with, including the NRA's gun safety regs. This is not an anti-gun statement, this is a pro-gun anti-carelessness statement. It's people who don't respect the weapon who put their hand over the muzzle or shoot themselves in the foot, because they treated it the same way they would a baseball bat.
    or a postage stamp. cause they apparently have exactly the same purpose (collecting!).

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    I asked you a question about Obama's executive orders and your reply was about limiting magazine sizes.
    You asked a question about his executive orders, and my reply was "Partly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    that really is LOL indeed. hot girl who loves guns and knows how to "safely practice the 2nd ammendment" then some ugly, old, demonizing lady who hates guns. classic bias.
    So the fact that the woman on the left is pointing her muzzle at the ground, with her finger off the trigger is biased because you subjectively find her more attractive than Dianne Feinstein? By the way, that woman is a professional sport shooter, she wasn't chosen for her looks, she was chosen because she actually knows what the fuck she's doing. Feinstein meanwhile is violating the first and second rules of gun safety: Assume every weapon is loaded, and Never point a gun at something you don't intend to shoot. She's LITERALLY one twitchy finger away from becoming a murderer but it's suddenly invalidated because the person that actually knows how to handle a firearm is, again, subjectively, more attractive to you than Dianne Feinstein?