I got a problem.

So the past couple of days I`ve been having a problem with my computer.
    Whenever I play WoW or Skyrim, the screen starts flickering and after a couple of minutes it goes either green with some stripes, or just black and sometimes when this happens, it restarts. I can open task manager and exit the game and it goes back to normal again.

I`m no computer wiz, but something tells me it might have something to do with the Graphics card? The computer is only 7 days old, so its a bit annoying.
    Any help is appreciated!

Speccs:
    Intel® Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz
    Crucial DDR3 BallistiX 1600Mhz DDR3 16GB
    XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    Crucial m4 SSD 2.5" 256GB
    MSI Z77A-GD55, Socket-1155
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Last edited by Jurias; 2013-01-16 at 09:42 PM.

could you provide a link to some Screen shots it sounds like it's artifacts which could come from alot of different things gpu overheating bad drivers any number of things anyway a screen shot would be nice thx

Deleted
    Download a program called "SpeedFan", it will monitor your GPU temp.

Use this to check if it's overheating, generally anything about 90 will be in the Danger zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    download the latest graphics drivers from AMD, and the latest chipset drivers from MSI and do a clean install of both, if you still have the same problems, return the graphics card

Thanks for all the quick answers!

GPU temp is around 50-60C(is that normal?) when WoW is open(ultra settings). Installed latest drivers and all that, and the flickering seem to have stopped for the moment!
    Ill see how it goes over the next few days, and hopefully its completely fixed now.

Thanks again guys.
    Last edited by Jurias; 2013-01-16 at 11:12 PM.

When you are gaming, turn up the speed of the fan on the GPU. XFX might provide software for it, or maybe you can do it through speedfan.

50-60C is usually not normal unless you do not have the graphic card's fan turned up to blow higher on the card. It may lead to the graphics card overheating.

So after working fine yesterday, shit started again today. I tried turning the fan speed all the way up, but didn`t help at all...

Quote Originally Posted by majinsnake View Post
    When you are gaming, turn up the speed of the fan on the GPU. XFX might provide software for it, or maybe you can do it through speedfan.

50-60C is usually not normal unless you do not have the graphic card's fan turned up to blow higher on the card. It may lead to the graphics card overheating.
    50-60C is perfectly fine and normal depending on your case ventilation. Most modern GPUs can handle 90c+ before they start overheating.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jurias View Post
    So after working fine yesterday, shit started again today. I tried turning the fan speed all the way up, but didn`t help at all...
    Return the card.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Yeah, guess I`ll have to return it, sigh. Anyways, here`s a pic of the screen just to show you how it looks: http://i.imgur.com/hyE7a.jpg

Yeah, guess I`ll have to return it, sigh. Anyways, here`s a pic of the screen just to show you how it looks: http://i.imgur.com/hyE7a.jpg
    Get something else instead of XFX. They're not worth it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    That because XFX no longer offers the double lifetime warranty?

That screen generally means it's bad VRAM (or it's overclocked too much, assuming you haven't overclocked it anymore than their stock, it should otherwise be okay). I recommend getting a Sapphire or Gigabyte one instead.
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2013-01-17 at 04:43 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    XFX makes some great cards I have yet to have an issue with any of their products the AGP card fo theirs I had lasted for 10+ years in multiple machines. DOA or faulty cards happen no matter what company it is.

Quote Originally Posted by majinsnake View Post
    That because XFX no longer offers the double lifetime warranty?
    actually I just looked this up the card he got was the first one to not have the double lifetime warranty which was a huge plus for them. I'm sorry to see this implemented as it was a major reason I have supported them over the years perhaps declining sales will get them to put it back in. The only different brand I would look at is ASUS then, since I personally feel the other 2 brands mentioned in this thread are shit.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2013-01-17 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    XFX makes some great cards I have yet to have an issue with any of their products the AGP card fo theirs I had lasted for 10+ years in multiple machines. DOA or faulty cards happen no matter what company it is.

actually I just looked this up the card he got was the first one to not have the double lifetime warranty which was a huge plus for them. I'm sorry to see this implemented as it was a major reason I have supported them over the years perhaps declining sales will get them to put it back in. The only different brand I would look at is ASUS then, since I personally feel the other 2 brands mentioned in this thread are shit.
    even EVGA has had to drop their lifetime warranties, the current rumor is that both companies were pressured into dropping them by Nvidia and AMD

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    XFX makes some great cards I have yet to have an issue with any of their products the AGP card fo theirs I had lasted for 10+ years in multiple machines.

The only different brand I would look at is ASUS then, since I personally feel the other 2 brands mentioned in this thread are shit.
    And I would say the complete opposite, there's been loads of problems with XFX cards and they generally run much hotter than any other brand. The ASUS DirectCU II would be fine, but the generic one with one piddly fan would also run pretty hot.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    And I would say the complete opposite, there's been loads of problems with XFX cards and they generally run much hotter than any other brand. The ASUS DirectCU II would be fine, but the generic one with one piddly fan would also run pretty hot.
    I currently have 2 5850 Black Editions in my current desktop, had a XFX 7900 in my previous computer that my friend still uses that is five years old, had an old XFX AGP card from 3 computers ago that when I upgraded I put in my dads Desktop which worked for over 10 years. I have had EVGA cards burn out in 4 months, had numerous friends have Gigabyte cards go bad after a year. I'll stick with what has worked the best for me.