Players vs Mods (Part 5), just a fun forum game.
The ultimate battle between players and mods, who rules this forum?
The game is really easy, these are the rules:
- Players add 1 point each time they post.
- Mods may subtract up to 2 points each time they post (subject to updates for balancing purposes)
- You must wait at least 10 minutes between your numbered posts. You can chat as long as you don't post a number. This goes for players and mods alike.
- You cannot post numbers consecutively. (You can't play the game by yourself when nobody else is online)
- You must post the + or - sign in front of the number. (if the next number is zero, you don't need to mark it as positive or negative)
- If you post an incorrect number, your number doesn't count and you still must wait another 10 min to post another number. Any posts following the incorrect number with another incorrect number are not valid. (Mentioning the correct number does not count as a count.)
- There is a roughly 3 minute window to edit your post and fix your number before the edited message appears on your post. Please immediately update your number if someone posted right before you did. This is actually quite common, and if you're not careful you'll cause a number train wreck. If someone screenshots or quotes your number fail, you weren't fast enough.
- Numbers that are not in Arabic numerals will not be counted and the same goes for trying to "hide" your number in your post.
- Double posts will cause a red post added line to appear. This is OK, but is often overlooked. If you make a double post and it's overlooked, we'll make reasonable steps to correct the score so that you aren't just shafted out of points.
That means posts will look like this:
Players: Reach 50 points
Mods: Reach -50 points
Once you reach 50 or -50 points the game starts at 0 again and the side that won gain a point on the scoreboard!
Players wins: 84
Mod wins: 11
This thread is actually part 5
Part 1 can be found here
Part 2 can be found here
Part 3 can be found here
Part 4 can be found here
Thanks to all the participants who kept it going over all this time on both threads, even when there wasn't much competition. (part 1, part 2, part 3, Part 4)
Current participation can be found here
Starting at "-28" of the previous thread.