LoL Game Client size

Why is the client so big? I don't get it.

WoW's file size is about 20 GB, while LoL is sitting at about 6GB.

But in WoW, there's 5 giant continents, countless models of mobs, foliage, items, objects... then textures for all of these... hours and hours of background music and voices...

In LoL, there's 3 small maps, some 70 (guessing?) champions with their skins, some icons, few monster models and some music and sounds.

In LoL, there's 3 small maps, some 70 (guessing?) champions with their skins, some icons, few monster models and some music and sounds.
    There's actually 4 maps and 110 champions+ I believe around 320 skins. It looks like a very simple game but I think it is deceptive just how much data, both graphical and numerical there actually is. You also download localisations in the package.

If you're talking about the space it takes on your HD as opposed to the initial DL size it's worth noting that it stores a lot of logs from games, also data from previous patches and reinstalling (or cleaning out your logs manually but this takes longer) can reduce the disk space it takes up a lot. My league folder currently takes 4GB, my DOTA2 (the only other MOBA I have installed) takes up 5GB.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

There's 110 champions, not 70.

Anyway, my LoL folder only takes up 3,94 GB.
    It seems to be the game client archives that takes up most of the space.

I'm not sure what exactly takes up so much space, since whatever it is, is stored inside a file with all other sorts of data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Wow, so many champs, I didn't even realize that.

Well thanks for the answers.