Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Fantastic changes. Too many years PvP was oriented toward the "hardcore", meaning those that can play consistenlty through the seasons. Get several weeks off and you're fucked, you're a weapon and 3-4 pieces of superior gear behind. Not to mention the rating restrictions, not only those getting the rating are supposed to be better at the game, they also get the gear advantage, to slaughter the general population even faster

Deleted
    a nice step on the road to implementing player vs player combat in WoW. For too long its been gear vs gear with skill a secondary factor, and lets face it, the ranking system has been abused for ages by people sitting on ratings and not actually taking part much.

The so called pro pvpers in wow are not better, or more skillful in the current system, they are just first to get the gear and rating, which is a factor more of time played than actual skill. Any real pvper wants a true skill based contest, not an epeen gear check.

I really like the changes, and also how they stated "maybe the PvP community can join in on the discussion" is a really cool thing of blizzard to say, if it comes to pass. Wish there was a way they could get the feedback that we really appreciate how they are trying to do things lately, maybe they will read some MMO-CHAMP and arenajunkies forums and get our appreciation. anyway, good job blizzard!

Small side note, it may not work out, but something like getting a very small conquest reward for every win AFTER cap would be a good idea? like 3 min 15 max depending on rating? It would, if not for people playing all day and all night (which, with so small rewards, should perhaps be okay for them to get ahead for?) at least make the PvP scene a whole lot more active? I don't know, I would like the idea. 10 gold + 5 conq points per win *after cap, edit* would be awesome actually!
    Last edited by knusern; 2013-01-18 at 10:32 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    These changes are brilliant! I'm someone who started to PvP last week and I'm sitting with full dreadful and 1 piece malevolent with a shoddy ilvl 350 weapon. Currently sat at 1400 after reaching the cap this week and I'm coming up against people in full Malevolent with a T2 2/2 upgraded weapon (and still beating some of them). The difference in gear is insane and needs to be sorted out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    The so called pro pvpers in wow are not better, or more skillful in the current system, they are just first to get the gear and rating, which is a factor more of time played than actual skill. Any real pvper wants a true skill based contest, not an epeen gear check.
    I have to call this a lie. Most of the people at high rates are actually good. Arrogant and rude. Yes. But not bad. Minority are exploiters.(except rbg ladders which are still fucked up by mmr bug abusers. Would be cool if blizz fixed this)
    Low rated people easily blame gear or their class for being bad. Usually the problem is between chair and keyboard. Or why would i face full malevo geared ppl at 1300 ratibg when im farming points on my freshly dinged alt?
    Gear change is great but i doubt it helps bad players getting any higher rates.
    Last edited by mmoc2d198b1a95; 2013-01-18 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    Good. PvP should be about skill not gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    These look like some very positive changes. However the emphasis is still going to be on pushing high rating in the earlier weeks to secure a high cap for the weeks proceeding in order to meet the 27000 soft cap. This doesn't bode too well for hardcore PVE'ers with a lack of time - but I guess the arguement there is we choose to PVE main time, allowing less time for PVP. Will be interesting to see how much we have to play to successfully achieve both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    So the Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear (bought with conquest points) will have lower stats than the Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear? Why would anyone buy the first tier when they can just sit on their points and buy the best gear after they reached the 27k points requirement? Even if these items would require you to have the first tier (like the weapons now), at this point you could just buy them with honor and upgrade all at once. Doesn't make much sense to me, or am I getting this wrong?
    With this system, I will just do that, considering that I will most likely have my whole malevolent gear upgraded.
    one word: CAP

World of Communismcraft indeed. You can whine about how you should have the same rewards as everyone else just because you showed up and then jerked off for 40 minutes as much as you want; the rest of the free world will be laughing at you when your game collapses just like the Soviet Union did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemie View Post
    one word: CAP
    Three words: "there is none", not on conquest points, not on live and the blue doesn't mention one either. I go with what I read there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzz View Post
    I think wow pvp community is much better without people like you. If you want to be hardcore you get your glad. This change only takes the gearcap away and lets ppl to compete even on their alts.
    And i think you should stay out of dota too becouse you wont get gear advantage in it based of ratings/ time played.
    You go girl xD.
    Now honestly guys, you're not seeing the big picture anyway. The "pros" will have an advantage anyway cause think of it: if you go for high rating in the first week your cap will increase for the second week and you'll get the weaps alot faster than everybody else anyway. So i don't see why all the qq... plus skill>gear ? hello? if you're that "pro" you can beat a full tyran in greens so just drop it.

This has been needed for a long time for an aspect of the game that claims to be competitive and e-sport friendly. I wouldn't mind keeping rating-locked vanity gear though.

Deleted
    Three words: "there is none", not on conquest points, not on live and the blue doesn't mention one either. I go with what I read there.
    You need the normal piece in order to upgrade it to an elite piece.

Deleted
    i think they will implement one. even at blizz retardness has its boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozak View Post
    You need the normal piece in order to upgrade it to an elite piece.
    but you can buy them with honor, when you have earned 27000.
    Last edited by mmoc0ea11840bc; 2013-01-18 at 11:53 AM.

I think it's silly that Blizzard doesn't give PvP players more unique vanity stuff, the elite gear is nice at 2.2k.
    Then again I understand that everyone can get 2,2k in rBG.
    Blizzard should give Arena tabards back at 2.3k or 2.4k 3v3 rating.

Deleted
    So anyone who wants to start competetive pvp next season will be fucked anyway:
    -players can only buy 476 gear(down from 483, already acquired gear remains unchanged) with honor and it can not be upgraded(npc is gone). players that farmed this season will have 483+upgrade= 491 gear, im not even talking about t2 upgraded weapons. have fun beating guys with +15 ilvls

on the upside every noob can get full elite gear(something that only gives a cosmetical benefit for the best players) with just capping 1800 points for 15 weeks *sigh*

so basicly they try to attempt to solve the mid season problem, but invent a problem out of nowhere, at the beginning, gratz on that
    Last edited by mmocca8a7bc1b5; 2013-01-18 at 12:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    False. The pro tournament level players are exactly that. They have to qualify on the Arena Tournament Realm where everyone uses the same gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what i need. As average pvp player. I can finally get elite gear.
    I play pvp only around 3 hours each day. But since i play Fury pvp max rating i can get is like 1900.
    So even tho i play quite allot and i like pvp i could not get elite gear without getting boosted by some imba guy.
    And i do know i wont get any better im doing pvp since S1.....#

Another gr8 thing is that i will be able to grind honor for my FC gear once i get to 27k conquests. Atm im upgrading items that i use for FC and for Fury.
    But 5 items in FC gear are blue cant afford conquests to buy epic replacement.
    With that change you can have off spec gear for honor
    Last edited by lordzed83; 2013-01-18 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    i like all the changes and the cacht up sound awesome for alters aswell, so u can focus on ur main at start and later u get the +10.000 point cap increase for ur alt and try others class in PVP

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Good PvPers will still be in the lead
    Players on new characters in the middle of the season can catch up.
    Lessened gear gap.

Yup, the only one's whining are the one's who overgear their opponents and think they are skilled.