Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Well, at least you no longer need to get 2200 for the weapon. That was the most aggravating fail-design aside from upgrades.

As long as they add some other reward for higher rated players to compensate for this, be it a piece of shit tabard or whatever its fine, just somehting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    As long as they add some other reward for higher rated players to compensate for this, be it a piece of shit tabard or whatever its fine, just somehting
    Ive seen atleast 2 posts about this so far. They are adding cosmetic enchants for certain ratings and they are working on other cosmetic rewards connected to ratings.

I wonder if half of mmos readers even read the posts on the front page before going ham in the forums?!

i don't mind the high points cap for the elite gear

but please for the love of god, stop making us do rbgs to cap.

please.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

It has always been that RBGs provides higher CP cap per week. You will get higher cap for RBGs rating than your arena rating. But, that does that in any way mean that RBGs are mandatory. If you dislike RBGs, you can still just do arena, you just have to achieve a higher rating compared to the rating necessary for RBGs.

The new elite Tyrannical gears (aside from weapon) are really basically the new Tyrannical gears if they had not introduced the new system. They said that they want to smooth out the curve, and said that the jump from Malv (current tier) to Elite Tyrannical is the same from Dreadful to Malv. They're only making the new normal Tyrannical gear a little bit higher in ilvl (not very noticeable) than the current Malv, as a midway gear between Malv to Elite Tyrannical.

Maybe I'll actually be able to find an RBG group now.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by hplaner View Post
    It has always been that RBGs provides higher CP cap per week. You will get higher cap for RBGs rating than your arena rating. But, that does that in any way mean that RBGs are mandatory. If you dislike RBGs, you can still just do arena, you just have to achieve a higher rating compared to the rating necessary for RBGs.
    higher points cap? sounds pretty mandatory to me.

whats more why are you getting rewarded more points and rating for the easier format? its a lot easier to get high ratings in rbgs then it is in arenas.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

They already stated a few weeks ago they would be taking out the upgrade npc and you wont be able to upgrade this patch. They didn't say it will be gone forever. But for this patch it will be. So there goes the majority of the grind you're talking about.

Deleted
    Oh dear you will have some competition in Highter ranks lol no more guaranteed mounts and titles you have to work for that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Oh dear you will have some competition in Highter ranks lol no more guaranteed mounts and titles you have to work for that
    The competition will be the exact same as it is now. Better gear is only a factor at low to medium ratings since this is where skill is mistaken for gear and vice versa.
    High end players will not be affected by this because they all have the same gear and only skills (and to some extent comps) will be the deciding factor.

Even though you are complaining about this, since the release of MOP, more than 50% of people who have T2 Elite got it from RBG.
    I have friends who have 2.4K rating in rbg and can`t get past 1.8k-1.9k rating in arena.
    Not to mention that going into 3s or 5s on most servers will make you face elite geared ppl, starting from 1500 rating
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I am really hoping they don't come back. Them being removed might be a sign of sanity prevailing in Irvine for a change.

From the post, they mention armor and weapons, and a difference in power level between the elite and regular.
    Well there is a prety high chance they to get back
    Otherwise what casueals will do after they get their conquest gear

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    kinda hoping there won't be upgrades again this time
    there won't be until 5.3, then they bring back the upgrade system!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    The competition will be the exact same as it is now. Better gear is only a factor at low to medium ratings since this is where skill is mistaken for gear and vice versa.
    High end players will not be affected by this because they all have the same gear and only skills (and to some extent comps) will be the deciding factor.
    Well i`m agree but just imagine now next patch comes and your perfect team turns in to a crap of garbish whay you do till now hope that other teams have samoe compilation.Anyway i`m pve noob dint understand much from ratings and so one in pvp highend

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well i`m agree but just imagine now next patch comes and your perfect team turns in to a crap of garbish whay you do till now hope that other teams have samoe compilation.Anyway i`m pve noob dint understand much from ratings and so one in pvp highend
    Im not exactly sure i understand what you mean, no offense, but im positive that gear is not the deciding factor at the highest skills since everyone has the same gear above 2200 rating anyways. That automatically proves that gear is only an issue on lower ratings.

If everyone has the same gear at all ratings we will only have class balance and player skill to worry about.

These changes are waaay due and a very welcome change for all serious pvpers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hplaner View Post
    which is the problem. you need more rating even though it's so much easier to get that lower rating in RBGs. 2200 rating in RBGs is comparable to 1800 arena rating and should give the same cap. For some classes/specs the gap is actually even wider.

I understand Blizzard had to do something to make RBG more attractive but this was a bad way to do it, imo.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's stopping you from playing arena to raise your cap?

Oh right, you're bad.

Get rid of arenacraft and wow would be a lot better. If you want a competitive rbg group you should start one and dominate since they are so unorganized according to you.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i don't mind the high points cap for the elite gear

but please for the love of god, stop making us do rbgs to cap.

please.
    I second that. But instead of begging for it, I DEMAND IT BLIZZ.