Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Intentionally wiping a raid can get you actioned.
    Its LFR who cares they will wipe anyway.

i hope you will. never seen the point in point in griefing. but i hope karma bites you in the nuts.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 10:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Its LFR who cares they will wipe anyway.
    people whipe on lfr? must be lucky. only wiped once so far

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish all the people that enjoy trolling should ask themselves why they like to troll. If it is because they like enjoy hurting other people I suggest taking a look at yourself and ask yourself if you are happy with the person you have become and if that is the person you want to live and die as.

see you can get away with it because its peoples own stupidity.
    Its like in the cartoons where you see a hastily setup trap with a box and a piece of string. :P

I don't think it's griefing, pretty hilarious actually. People should pay enough attention to know the floors about to disappear beneath them rather than the blingatron. Lesson well learned for them imo.

I find it pathethic that people take this kind of thing so seriously, most of the responses against this person are ridiculous. This is a case where people are suffering from their own stupidity, nothing more. He is just creating an opportunity for people to use the blingtron but he's not forcing them to do it. Like someone said already you can just wait the portal out or use a macro to interact with him, or just do what you're supposed to do and focus on the raid. If people are stupid enough to click the blingtron seeing that theres a portal on top of it or to die from raid mechanics, trying to get to it then it's their own fault and they deserve it. No one is forcing them to do it, if people fail to see that they will die/get ported when they will attempt to use the blingtron then it's a miracle they can actually properly do a raid without dying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    speaking as a Guild Master i hate it when i get people who pop up randomly crying cause one of my guildies hurt their lil feelings, its annoying and makes you look like such a lil bitch. if it was over gear that they won I'll tell ya sorry to hear better luck next time get over it (I have had a few people come crying cause a guildie won an OS piece in five mans), if its over something like this (blingtron/portal killing) I'm just gonna laugh at ya and advise to be more careful. I'm not the guilds parents or handholders, I'm not their Jiminy the cricket.
    You could probably even report them for attempted slander.

Deleted
    How is this intentionally wiping a raid? Who is forcing the people to click on this? Whos forcing them to go move there?
    1/10

speaking as a Guild Master i hate it when i get people who pop up randomly crying cause one of my guildies hurt their lil feelings, its annoying and makes you look like such a lil bitch. if it was over gear that they won I'll tell ya sorry to hear better luck next time get over it (I have had a few people come crying cause a guildie won an OS piece in five mans), if its over something like this (blingtron/portal killing) I'm just gonna laugh at ya and advise to be more careful. I'm not the guilds parents or handholders, I'm not their Jiminy the cricket.

How did he wipe the raid?

Those people who stood there waiting for the Blingtron were the ones whose actions caused the wipe.

Just because someone puts something down, doesn't mean people need to click it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    These jokes tend to be funny the first time someone pulls them. But when you are having to waste 10 minutes every LFR because some joker keeps getting a kick out of wiping the raid, it gets stale fast.

Your action is, in and of itself, not a bannable offense, no. But it is something that could get a temporary suspension for, especially if it is demonstrable that you did it with the intent to cause a wipe and cause 24 other people to waste 10 minutes of their time (ie you are intentially wasting 4 hours of other people's time just for a quick laugh).

For a first offence, and assuming someone ticketed this, you would most likely land up getting a GM asking you nicely not to do that again in LFR because it isn't funny for everyone else.

If you keep doing it, expect to land up with some temporary suspensions eventually.

Think about it this way: No GM has to sanction anyone for this. But when loads of tickets are being submitted against people for this issue, the GMs have to open, investigate and close all these tickets, and they will soon lose their sense of humour about it. Especially if a ton of people are copying you and the GMs are having to sort out thousands of tickets about this...

Don't surprised if the GM decides it will be "funny" to give some of the offenders a short break from WoW...

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    How is this intentionally wiping a raid? Who is forcing the people to click on this? Whos forcing them to go move there?
    1/10
    So why did he put the thing down then if not to try and wipe the raid?

No, he never forced anyone to do anything. He just did something hoping to achieve a certain outcome. The fact that people are stupid does not excuse the fact that he exploited their stupidity.

In the same line of reasoning: I would submit a ticket reporting him, hoping to achieve the outcome of getting his account suspended. If he gets the suspension it isn't my fault that he was so stupid as to try and wipe the raid. I think it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    You are technically griefing so yes It's suspend-able but not bannable hell I'd report you too.
    How is it griefing? You don't have to click the blingtron or the portal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    In the same line of reasoning: I would submit a ticket reporting him, hoping to achieve the outcome of getting his account suspended.
    That's considered metagaming and will only earn you enemies. How sad must someone be to resort to metagaming. Just challenge him to a duel, and sort it out like real men.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    These jokes tend to be funny the first time someone pulls them. But when you are having to waste 10 minutes every LFR because some joker keeps getting a kick out of wiping the raid, it gets stale fast.

Your action is, in and of itself, not a bannable offense, no. But it is something that could get a temporary suspension for, especially if it is demonstrable that you did it with the intent to cause a wipe and cause 24 other people to waste 10 minutes of their time (ie you are intentially wasting 4 hours of other people's time just for a quick laugh).

For a first offence, and assuming someone ticketed this, you would most likely land up getting a GM asking you nicely not to do that again in LFR because it isn't funny for everyone else.

If you keep doing it, expect to land up with some temporary suspensions eventually.

Think about it this way: No GM has to sanction anyone for this. But when loads of tickets are being submitted against people for this issue, the GMs have to open, investigate and close all these tickets, and they will soon lose their sense of humour about it. Especially if a ton of people are copying you and the GMs are having to sort out thousands of tickets about this...

Don't surprised if the GM decides it will be "funny" to give some of the offenders a short break from WoW...

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 11:38 AM ----------

So why did he put the thing down then if not to try and wipe the raid?

No, he never forced anyone to do anything. He just did something hoping to achieve a certain outcome. The fact that people are stupid does not excuse the fact that he exploited their stupidity.

In the same line of reasoning: I would submit a ticket reporting him, hoping to achieve the outcome of getting his account suspended. If he gets the suspension it isn't my fault that he was so stupid as to try and wipe the raid. I think it's hilarious.
    He's not actively griefing anyone. A person's lack of self control is not an excuse for anything.

Deleted
    Using the portal to get people out of the raid means fewer people rolling against you on loot. That's not griefing that's just solid tactics and not something Blizzard finds actionable!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Using the portal to get people out of the raid means fewer people rolling against you on loot. That's not griefing that's just solid tactics and not something Blizzard finds actionable!
    You can't roll on loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    uhm... where ya been? lol LFR you don't roll against anyone anymore its all personal loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    uhm... where ya been? lol LFR you don't roll against anyone anymore its all personal loot.
    Some people think an lfr boss still only drops 6 pieces of loot.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    I dropped a Blingtron 4k and dropped a portal to Ancient Dalaran on top of it. 16/25 ended up showing red in raid frames.
    You're my hero. I'm stealing that trick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Some people think an lfr boss still only drops 6 pieces of loot.
    Some people still don't know 10man and 25man raids share the same lockout.