10+ Year Old Account

Gandalf vs Tom Bombadil

- Gandalf, lesser god/Demigod.. One of the most powerful being to walk the surface of Middle Earth.
    - Tom Bombadil, offspring of two gods "doing the nasty".

Gandalf need no introduction, however a few words on Tom B.
    In MERP (Middle Earth Role Play) players are limited to level 10, at which time, they are extremely powerful. Tom B was born level 100..
    During his travels, Tom B gained atleast another 100 levels, before he settled down, at the edge of Old Forest.
    Tom B knows every spell in existance, and if someone invent a new spell, Tom B also know this spell instantaniously.
    It's unknown wether Tom B is mortal or immortal, however, being the offspring of two gods, speaks in favor of the latter.

Who'd win?

EDiT: No idea how to add a poll..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-02-15 at 02:23 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Anyone who knows LOTR would say Tom Bombadil.

They wouldn't ever fight, but that's just semantics in this case.

It all comes down to who has the most epic beard.

In which case it would be a pretty close fight.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Tom would win. From what I get from the book that guy lives outside existence... nothing can touch him nor does he really care to put his finger inside the mixture that is the third era.

Gandalf would definitely win. Tom even admitted that if Sauron gets his ring back, even he would die. Full power Gandalf the White unrestricted by his oath could crush Sauron.

Deleted
    The problem with this question is that the true nature of Tom was never explained by Tolkien, he even stated that he deliberately left Tom unexplained.

It should be noted though that he is the only character in LoTR who is completely unaffected by the one ring, to him it's just an insignificant trinket of no interest.

Deleted
    They are both lesser gods, they were both sent to middle earth to keep balance, they would only die if their gods would allow this. soo in my book that's a tie.