Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #181
    They should offer a complete guild transfer for 100$. So you can start with your Alliance guild on a new realm as a Horde guild. This would be a service many guilds would use. Or a 30$ "complete account transfer" so your 11 characters would all be transferred and turned into the other faction. Right now they get 0$ from me because it's way too expensive to pay for every character to do that.

    PS: I'm playing since 2005 (EU launchday), seems to be very important here
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-01-19 at 10:25 AM.




  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    no one is EVER always right, EVER.

    yes, I've been playing since 2007, never once considered transferring servers. I like where I'm at.
    Thats great for you, I have been playing since 2006 what do I win?

    You just made my point though. You are happy with where you are. You don't belong in this thread because it has nothing to do with you.

  3. #183
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    It seems like you just want to argue with people for no reason. What do you care if transfers cost less money? It has nothing to do with you.
    Actually, it does, and I'll tell you why... if you have to option to freely bounce from server to server then you wont give a shit about your server reputation. meaning, you can be royal ass then when you cause enough havoc you'll just switch to another server. allowing unlimited server switches every 2 weeks will greatly increase the incidents of asshats everywhere, in addition it will wreck server economies.

    and BOTH would be more detrimental to subscription numbers than a handful of selfish cheapskates quitting because Blizzard wont let them change servers for less than $25.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    It's ridiculous. When a game like Rift is able to do it for free, there's no reason there should be one in WoW. I'm sure blizzard has lost players because for some reason or another they could not afford the $25 fee to transfer on top of their $15. Blizzard should really look at how many are quitting the game and of those who could have transferred and maybe found a better environment on another server. Also, given how long the game has been out many people may be reluctant now to spend money. And if you have $25 to throw around to find another guild, great.
    It's actually a fair price considering the benefits the particular class you are playing can receive from just faction changing. This is a pay to win feature for WoW and I dunno why they'd just give it away for free?
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2013-01-19 at 10:30 AM.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Actually, it does, and I'll tell you why... if you have to option to freely bounce from server to server then you wont give a shit about your server reputation. meaning, you can be royal ass then when you cause enough havoc you'll just switch to another server. allowing unlimited server switches every 2 weeks will greatly increase the incidents of asshats everywhere, in addition it will wreck server economies.

    and BOTH would be more detrimental to subscription numbers than a handful of selfish cheapskates quitting because Blizzard wont let them change servers for less than $25.
    Ok I will break it down in points for you.

    1. If you bounce from server to server causing issues you will get banned. You can't just cause issues and get away with it (even on your own server).

    2. You can only transfer with a limited amount of gold. People aren't going to go from server to server with 500k gold.

    3. If it cost 10$ to transfer every 2 weeks it would barely increase the amount of people using the service. A lot of people won't even play WoW because it costs 15$ a month. Much less paying another 10$ for something extra.

    4. Infact people can transfer more right now if they are willing to pay 25$. I believe there is a couple day cd before you can change again.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2013-01-19 at 10:33 AM.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Actually, it does, and I'll tell you why... if you have to option to freely bounce from server to server then you wont give a shit about your server reputation. meaning, you can be royal ass then when you cause enough havoc you'll just switch to another server. allowing unlimited server switches every 2 weeks will greatly increase the incidents of asshats everywhere, in addition it will wreck server economies.

    and BOTH would be more detrimental to subscription numbers than a handful of selfish cheapskates quitting because Blizzard wont let them change servers for less than $25.
    you have the option to freely bounce fom server to server at the moment. the only restriction is the cost. so your point is utterly irrelevent.

    make it free, and put it on a LONG cooldown (say a year) and people would be probably be a lot less likely to transfer for spurious reasons. and people that have ended up on dead servers (ironically because Blizzard allow paid transfers and so many people have left) will have an option without pouring more money into Blizzards bottomless pockets.

    but it wont happen, because that will cost Blizzard money. and nothing that they have ever done during the life of this game has been about reducing the amount of money they extract from their subscribers. they have been very imaginative when it comes to creating new revenue streams, of course. but thats perfectly fair and reasonable according to that group of posters on here that seem to feel more affinity with a giant corporation than they do with their fellow customers, for some reason.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

    The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Ok I will break it down in points for you.

    1. If you bounce from server to server causing issues you will get banned. You can't just cause issues and get away with it (even on your own server).

    2. You can only transfer with a limited amount of gold. People aren't going to go from server to server with 500k gold.

    3. If it cost 10$ to transfer every 2 weeks it would barely increase the amount of people using the service. A lot of people won't even play WoW because it costs 15$ a month. Much less paying another 10$ for something extra.
    You can transfer 500k easily from server to server if you know how to mule items that sell quickly and for a profit.

  8. #188
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Ok I will break it down in points for you.

    1. If you bounce from server to server causing issues you will get banned. You can't just cause issues and get away with it (even on your own server).

    2. You can only transfer with a limited amount of gold. People aren't going to go from server to server with 500k gold.

    3. If it cost 10$ to transfer every 2 weeks it would barely increase the amount of people using the service. A lot of people won't even play WoW because it costs 15$ a month. Much less paying another 10$ for something extra.
    1. Sure you can, you cant get banned for being an ass.

    3. Then instead of trumpeting your plan here, write it out and submit it to Blizzard directly. Be sure to include how much you think they are losing from not offering this and how much more you think they'd gain from allowing it.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    You can transfer 500k easily from server to server if you know how to mule items that sell quickly and for a profit.
    That is true but realistically how many people would even know to do that? And then ontop of that how many of them would be willing to spend 10$ every 2 week to do that? If they were willing to spend 10$ every 2 weeks they would probably just spend the 25$ now and do it every few days.

  10. #190
    Stood in the Fire Caribald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    My only Gripe is there isn't a "bulk" discount and the fact that when you server + faction transfer it's $55! To move one toon is expensive enough, to move more than 1 the cost just gets silly.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly, but I guess we have to assume Blizzard has considered it, but came to the conclusion that they make more money from the people who transfer regardless, than from lowering the fee for mass migration so that more people would do it. At least that's the only reason I can see for them not having done this yet.
    My old solo stuff can be seen on Twitch and Youtube

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    1. Sure you can, you cant get banned for being an ass.

    3. Then instead of trumpeting your plan here, write it out and submit it to Blizzard directly. Be sure to include how much you think they are losing from not offering this and how much more you think they'd gain from allowing it.
    You can get banned if you constantly harass people or cause major problems in game. However people can not get banned for being someone you don't like.

  12. #192
    I do agree it would be a good idea to lower the fee, so that more people might be able to play. Instead of the money they lose, they should add more items to their shop which people can use in-game.

  13. #193
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    you have the option to freely bounce fom server to server at the moment. the only restriction is the cost. so your point is utterly irrelevent.

    make it free, and put it on a LONG cooldown (say a year) and people would be probably be a lot less likely to transfer for spurious reasons. and people that have ended up on dead servers (ironically because Blizzard allow paid transfers and so many people have left) will have an option without pouring more money into Blizzards bottomless pockets.

    but it wont happen, because that will cost Blizzard money. and nothing that they have ever done during the life of this game has been about reducing the amount of money they extract from their subscribers. they have been very imaginative when it comes to creating new revenue streams, of course. but thats perfectly fair and reasonable according to that group of posters on here that seem to feel more affinity with a giant corporation than they do with their fellow customers, for some reason.
    Blizzard went for the middle ground, instead of allowing a free change once a year, which I have no doubt OP would be in tears over as well, they went for the unlimited xfers at $25 each.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  14. #194
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,413
    I suppose that at the end of the day, Blizzard (and not us) has the numbers how many people they are actually losing and how many of those "I have 10 chars, transfering them all costs 250, so I rather quit" cases actually exist.

    Because if they would be losing people in abundance over this, the fee would be gone.

    I see it that way: Fee gets removed. Suddenly a million people transfer "just because they can". The staff that they have may not be able to handle this in a decent amount of time (Even if it takes a minute to transfer a char...that is a MILLION minutes.) Suddenly people cannot play their character for a week or so because of insane transfer queues. So Blizzard needs to hire more people. Staff costs, staff needs to be trained. Staff makes mistakes.

    Just think for a second that there juuuust might be another reason than "They are lazy, greedy Bastards".

    As for the title of the thread:

    WoW with a transfer fee: 10 million subs
    Rift with no transfer fee: 300 000 subs

    But WoW is hurt?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    That is true but realistically how many people would even know to do that? And then ontop of that how many of them would be willing to spend 10$ every 2 week to do that? If they were willing to spend 10$ every 2 weeks they would probably just spend the 25$ now and do it every few days.
    Who knows but lowering the cost of moving your data is something Blizzard might do but it ever being free I just don't see that happening.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Who knows but lowering the cost of moving your data is something Blizzard might do but it ever being free I just don't see that happening.
    Yeah I don't see them making it free either. And I don't really want them to.

  17. #197
    It sucks, but Blizzard knows people are going to pay it. They make a ton of money off transfers and all that other stuff associated with the game. It's smart.

  18. #198
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I suppose that at the end of the day, Blizzard (and not us) has the numbers how many people they are actually losing and how many of those "I have 10 chars, transfering them all costs 250, so I rather quit" cases actually exist.

    Because if they would be losing people in abundance over this, the fee would be gone.

    I see it that way: Fee gets removed. Suddenly a million people transfer "just because they can". The staff that they have may not be able to handle this in a decent amount of time (Even if it takes a minute to transfer a char...that is a MILLION minutes.) Suddenly people cannot play their character for a week or so because of insane transfer queues. So Blizzard needs to hire more people. Staff costs, staff needs to be trained. Staff makes mistakes.

    Just think for a second that there juuuust might be another reason than "They are lazy, greedy Bastards".

    As for the title of the thread:

    WoW with a transfer fee: 10 million subs
    Rift with no transfer fee: 300 000 subs

    But WoW is hurt?
    But Det!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, we have to let them xfer as often as they want, and we have to do it for freeeeeee!!!!!!! or it will kill the game

    /sarcasm off

    I think you are far closer to the truth that OP is.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  19. #199
    I'm sorry here, but $25 is really nothing.

    I know for a lot of people $25 is more than just throwaway money, but it won't always be, and if it's for something you enjoy is it not worth it?

    It seems to me OP is just mad because he can't afford it for whatever reason, that's his business, and venting it out on mmo-champ.

    In all reality though, the $25 originally wasn't a bad price for what it entailed. The service was brand new. But you have to remember, it costs a LOT of money to upgrade their hardware and make services like that as good as they are. Remember when a transfer could take days? It now takes anywhere from a minute to half an hour.

    If anything, logically, the price should have gone up. They were nice enough not to raise it, but they can't lower it. If they lower it and give in to demands like that, next you'll demand they lower the cost of the monthly subscription. Then all the services. Then you'll demand the game be free.

    It doesn't work like that.

  20. #200
    Yeah I think they should removing the ($25) £15 transfer fee, keep the fee in place for name change and faction change.

    But I would support a free server x-fer every 60 days (maybe even 90).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •