Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    One of the reasons I stopped playing GW2 was the social aspect. No chat bubbles
    Wait, what? GW2 has chat bubbles...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    All I wonder.. Is this a subscription based game? It looks interesting enough to atleast give a try. But I'm not up for another paying MMO (I'd rather keep my subscription to SWTOR and sometimes for Secret World)
    It's not a sub based. Most you can buy with real money is tokens used for 'Tier packs' that have random guns/shields, or buy cosmetic items. It's a good game to pass time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

No, it's B2P with DLC, though we don't know what the DLC is yet.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    They made a comment "if i can find the link ill post it" that the DLC will have 2 versions.

Free/Paided. It seems the free will get all story base stuff and the paided gets extra stuff like new race's.

I read that on there forums once I find the link ill update this post or reply to another one of urs.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Ah, forgot about that. Well, from what I have seen/experienced so far I don't think I'll be buying those DLCs/season pass anytime soon.
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Update to my last comment.

This link talks about the DLC free/paided difference I can't find the TRION blog that said the samething and the link it shows on the site dose not work right for me.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/786...-server-issues

The blog from executive producer Nathan Richardsson once again notes "at least" five DLC packs, each with its own free and paid component. The features will be made free so as to not segregate the player base, while the paid component is (for example) access to a new playable species and their associated equipment. Packs that tie in to the TV show will be free as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Wait, what? GW2 has chat bubbles...
    Lmao. Well I said I'm probably just a dumbass in my post.

Glad I decided not to pick this up, seems I would be bored out of my mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had to google up locations for all of them because I didn't give enough fucks to bother searching for them or listening to them. And you need to do far more than just find the data recorders for 1k ego, I know because I've done that.
    Which was part of my point. You don't care to do it so there fore it is bad. But they aren't bad and the provide an ample back story to events happening in the game. As much as any game usually does. Also I said every pursuit not every data recorder, there is a large difference between the two. The writing and voice work also isn't mediocre. There is nothing wrong with both of them. I sounds like you are just nit picking on things to hate because you don't like the game and if that is the case one wonders why you follow and/or play it. That is an even bigger question when you keep mentioning how you disliked things way back in beta.

Also it kind of defeats the purpose for hidden objects in the game world to have their location revealed. Plenty of games have hidden objects for one to explore and find. A lot of the data recorders are in mission zones or travel hubs. While it would be nice for in-game hints that would take away from the hidden aspect of them.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-04-14 at 12:43 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which was part of my point. You don't care to do it so there fore it is bad. But they aren't bad and the provide an ample back story to events happening in the game. As much as any game usually does. Also I said every pursuit not every data recorder, there is a large difference between the two. The writing and voice work also isn't mediocre. There is nothing wrong with both of them. I sounds like you are just nit picking on things to hate because you don't like the game and if that is the case one wonders why you follow and/or play it. That is an even bigger question when you keep mentioning how you disliked things way back in beta.
    Aren't you doing the exact same thing only tho? Just because you say there is nothing wrong with the voice work or the writing, does not make it automatically Ok or Good. I've read plenty of reviews on this game, because i'm in the fence about it, and quite a number of them mentioned the voice work as dull and poor. The most common gripe seems to be the boring quests.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-04-14 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Aren't you doing the exact same thing only tho? Just because you say there is nothing wrong with the voice work or the writing, does not make it automatically Ok or Good. I've read plenty of reviews on this game, because i'm in the fence about it, and quite a number of them mentioned the voice work as dull and poor. The most common gripe seems to be the boring quests.
    At times the voice overs seem somewhat forced, but as a whole I would put this games voice acting a step above GW2 and a step below SWTOR(Meaning Good). The reviews that I have read haven't really spoken poorly of the voice acting, but most are worried about the television show tie-in.

Anyhow, I've started branching out in my own playtime. Currently 1114~ish ego and working to complete all co-op mission pursuits. Finally ran into a very frustrating bug, and want to warn people here about it. If you level a vehicle to 20 I suggest you stop using it, I hit level 21 and it reset me back down to level 1. Hopefully it gets restored, but for right now my rollers are slow as hell once again.

I've also started playing PvP quite alot more, and the gameplay itself is very enjoyable. But the pursuits for PvP are not working, which is somewhat frustrating. . Just a few frustrations, but im 98 hours into the game and it is still enticing my to play each and every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    One thing that kinda bothers me about the story is your character just kinda hangs there, does what he/she is told without saying a word regardless of who its from. The only time I've seen anything really interesting out of it is when your character flips a chair.
    this is my main problem with the game as well, your char just looks so awkward in the cutscenes completly out of place

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I've read plenty of reviews on this game, because i'm in the fence about it, and quite a number of them mentioned the voice work as dull and poor. The most common gripe seems to be the boring quests.
    Don't go into an MMOFPS for the story. Granted, the storyline quests and episode quests present quite interesting characters and bits of history... but the game is a shooter, and as far as that goes, its fairly fun.

The 'boring' quests tend to be the optional sidequests, which fall into different categories as well, so you can ignore the ones that you don't like. Personally, I ignore most of them and supplement the Main Story with Arkfalls & PvP.

And yeah, I like the way they implemented 'World PvP' with the Shadow War. Would make for some fun in WoW if they added Zonewars like that.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which was part of my point. You don't care to do it so there fore it is bad.
    I don't care because what they showed me didn't give me a reason to care. If they can't make me interested in the characters through the cutscenes, why the fuck am I going to seek out more information on them? In Doom 3, for example, I specifically listened to and read everything on the PDF's you find. Because I was interested enough in the setting and what was going on based on the short cutscenes to bother with it. This game hasn't done that. Seriously, I know next to nothing about the characters and have very little context for the actions I take. I hate saying things like this, but watch Angry Joes review of the game. He literally says everything I've been saying to friends about the game for the past week.

I don't hate the game, I've been playing the hell out of it. I just know that despite enjoying the actual gameplay (I enjoy shooters), the game is lacking in a ton of areas.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Don't go into an MMOFPS for the story.
    To which I'd reply, "Don't put tons of cutscenes that show off the writing and voicework throughout the whole game if your game isn't going to do it well."

Planetside 2 doesn't do squat for story and it doesn't want to. This game (it's technically a MMOTPS since it's in third person and all) apparently wants to make story important and make you care about it/the characters. I think it's failed pretty hardcore at that.

Basically, don't put something in a game if it's going to suck.

Think I'm going to chalk this up as a game I shouldnt have bought lol
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't go into an MMOFPS for the story. Granted, the storyline quests and episode quests present quite interesting characters and bits of history... but the game is a shooter, and as far as that goes, its fairly fun.

The 'boring' quests tend to be the optional sidequests, which fall into different categories as well, so you can ignore the ones that you don't like. Personally, I ignore most of them and supplement the Main Story with Arkfalls & PvP.

And yeah, I like the way they implemented 'World PvP' with the Shadow War. Would make for some fun in WoW if they added Zonewars like that.
    Why would i not go into a MMOFPS (it isn't a FPS btw, i like to call these games the term coined by Borderlands, RPS , or Role Playing Shooter) for the story? Specially one that wants to sells us on watching both the TV show and play the game? One supplements the other, the stories not told in the show are told in the game and vice versa. That was what i thought the game would be like mostly. Seems i was wrong.

Don't go into an MMOFPS for the story.
    It's a story driven game FFS.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    One thing that kinda bothers me about the story is your character just kinda hangs there, does what he/she is told without saying a word regardless of who its from. The only time I've seen anything really interesting out of it is when your character flips a chair.
    That is sort of the story. You are the employee of Von Bach and your job is to do what you are told. You aren't even anyone special because you are just a standard "hired gun" that was implanted with an EGO device. That EGO is what makes you different and special but even then you are just a standard "ark hunter".

The other reason why your character doesn't do much is because it isn't voiced. That was done to cut down on production costs because Trion male and female of each race would need to have a different voice. Its hard to have a "mute" character do a lot of things when every one else speaks. While a voiced character would be interesting it would likely mean less characters added over time and likely wouldn't change to much.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH The Secret World uses the silent hero style and it does not seem out of place , you seem as much involved while muted as you do in games where the hero has voice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man the syphon effect is awesome. Will heal your health or shield (if health is full) when it triggers and will also deal ~450 damage to the enemy. (Modified by the enemies armor did like `150 on a matriarch when normal shots did 13). I have it on a auto-fragger combat shotgun that fires 3 shots at a time so it pretty much procs ever time I fire.

I might have to respec into blur to enhance the shot gun to the face play style it enables. Oh and it has a 15% grenade recharge on kill so I'm a grenade machine with it
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-04-14 at 01:06 PM.