How's the state of the end-game for both PvE and PvP?

I quit SWTOR back in November for a multitude of reasons (Guild Drama and MoP being the primary factors), and lately have been considering coming back for some reason.

However, I am wary of entering the same state of boredom and frustration I was in when I left. At the time of my leaving, 1.5 had just dropped. I never actually got in to a NiM EC run, but I didn't really care at the time. The prospect of re-entering that Ops, regardless of loot and mechanics changes, seemed dreadful after having been in there twice a week, every week, from April to October. So, to be fair, I can't say I don't have new content to conquer...and I'm not entirely sure how objective I can be concerning treating it that way. I don't see it having much nostalgic value, but it has been months since I've been in there...maybe it won't seem so daunting to find it interesting?

It does seem like some cool stuff is coming. I read about 1.7 today...is this new World Event the Ilum re-imagining that has been promised for so long? Also, regardless of how sick I am of WoW's Daily Grind, I am intrigued by the implementation of reputations. It at least seems like something that gets me out of the fleet (which I don't think I left once except to get HK-51). And there's also the new expansion coming, which details seem rather scant on at the moment...it does look cool though. Are there enough PvE changes currently implemented/coming soon to make the game feel fresh again? Anyone who did the HM EC grind from 1.4-1.5 knows what kind of pain I'm talking about.

From a PvP standpoint, I always enjoyed actually playing Warzones. However, the state of the game when I left it felt completely broken. RWZs were impossible to get in to unless they were as deliberately planned as Ops were, and even then they were dominated by a select few premades that were so good they sucked all the fun out of it (unless one enjoyed being bent over a barrel). Normal Warzones were fun, but the Queue system was still frustrating, and they were so gear-dependent, it created this grind that made it frustrating.

Are things any better now? Has there been any leveling of the playing field for casual warzones? Or is gear at least more easily attained? How about Ranked...is it out of the preseason yet and a little more normalized concerning matchmaking?

Any and all feedback is appreciated...I can't play 2 MMO's at once, so I'm kind of trying to decide whether to keep on with WoW or go back to SWTOR (or find a new game altogether?)

10+ Year Old Account
    My presence in SWTOR has dwindled since my return to WoW, however my guild is still up and running with more members and activity than ever. From what I hear from them, there are constant new players every day coming to the game to see what its like. Gearing in PvP is still nearly the same as before (as in you still have to PvP quite a bit to attain gear) but then again its just the same as it is in WoW.

All in all, the game is moving in a positive direction. You really have to play it to see it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    All in all, the game is moving in a positive direction. You really have to play it to see it.
    This. I still raid twice weekly and log in for a few hrs each day (for PvP and the new space missions) and I can't summarize it better than the above. The new warzone is a blast btw.

If not sure wait til 1.7 is on the test server. Then you'll be able to read more 'accurate' details on it and gage the general consensus from players actually testing it. Solely listening to players here (most of whom don't actually play TOR anymore) won't help you decide imo.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-01-19 at 10:16 AM.

Deleted
    From a PvP point of view ranked WZ are still not common (on my server at least) but the non ranked WZ are slightly better in terms of gear dependency. Early December saw BM/WH being replaced by WH/EWH and the stat jump from WH to EWH is not as large as BM to WH was, so basically you can get your WH gear within a week or so of hitting 50 and not be at too much of a disadvantage whereas before in full BM you were still pretty easy prey for the WH geared players....unless you are skilled ofc.

As Jamos said we can't accurately gauge your expectations (even from your good explanation) and people opinions are their opinions so the only real way to find out is give it a try. At the end of the day you can always go back to WoW if SWTOR has not changed as much as you hoped, I'm sure WoW isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    The new warzone is a blast btw.
    especially as a stealthy badass :P