Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    And yet Cataclysm was between the two which pretty much caused a permanent decrease in subs.
    Yes because Cataclysm sucked, for many different reasons.

All I am saying is WoW has strayed from its winning roots too much.

What are you talking about? I'm completely serious.

Now in comedy form.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Google jay wilson fuck that loser or jay wilson apology. Personally I think Jay is the best. He made a horrible game and he's a total asshat but it was refreshing to see someone let it out like that. It was the most honest I've ever seen a game developer or anyone in gaming come out and just let it go.
    Don't listen to Mr. McCoy! Mine is better!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do any of you even give a fuck about this? If you are enjoying the game, by all means continue playing. If you don't then stop playing. It's not rocket surgery.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Google jay wilson fuck that loser or jay wilson apology. Personally I think Jay is the best. He made a horrible game and he's a total asshat but it was refreshing to see someone let it out like that. It was the most honest I've ever seen a game developer or anyone in gaming come out and just let it go.
    Huh.

You learn something new everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

It's not hard to be honest. It's also not hard to be a complete douche-canoe and eventually lose your position over it.

If I were you I'd respect good game design, instead of someone being dumb enough to induce a PR nightmare on themselves because they couldn't handle their childish tendencies.

Yes their is. I can que for EV and Karrags palace story mode. Eventually the newer ones to I think. Maybe even EC by now.
    I stand corrected, then, with regards to SWTOR. But there is definitely no raid queue for Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Most of those sales were after people already called it a flop.

Pretty sure most game sales happen immediately as it goes on sale. You dont get games where you sell 2 mill copies at launch and then all of a sudden 3 months later you get 9 mil copies to sell. It just doesnt work like that. According to this article im reading D3 sold 3.5 mil copies day 1, and by the end of the first week had sold 6.5 mil. I dont know if anyone was claiming it to be a flop a week into the game. I didnt even have a level 60 at that time. And i still think D3 is a good game. Its just like any other Diablo game except it has a AH, which i have found very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You are aware of the Activision part of Activision Blizzard... Aren't you?
    But Blizzard ALONE made 1.6 billion dollars. That was 400 million up from the previous year.

Also the ON LINE part in this quarter was higher than the last quarter of 2011...

Which proves subs in the west must have been stable.

Activision Blizzard made ... 4.9 billion dollars ...

This is an industry analysis and not a "bad" or "better" expansion thing as I always stated.

Although I think that a Chinese expansion for China was not the most bright thing to do for Chinese players I guess...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-07 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Agreed and the only thing that stopped the mass exodus for a short period of time was the release of mop
    One major problem was them not releasing it in the winter window... they released it the last week of Q3 just to boost numbers up.

I've said it many times prior - many many Cata-haters have since moved on and gave MoP a skip, and CRZ is driving plenty of current people away. I'd love to play MoP as it fixed MANY of Cata's faults - but CRZ totally borks up a major element of fun I enjoy on my PVE server. I can't imagine I'm alone in that thinking...

Of course, as demonstrated by 10s vs 25s and Cataclysm's heroic difficulty/design - Blizz will continue to think there's "no problem" and just blame it on random industry flux... until it BECOMES an unsolvable problem, and then they'll make drastic changes AGAIN in hopes to bring people back!

...which of course doesn't attract back those that left - as most have moved on, but the changes only end up serving to cheeze off the current subscribers.

I call this "Star Wars: Galaxies Syndrome". :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Why do any of you even give a fuck about this? If you are enjoying the game, by all means continue playing. If you don't then stop playing. It's not rocket surgery.
    I ask myself the same question every time Blizzard reports the subs and the same people come out of the woodwork and stir up drama /shrug I'm still playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    not even a 5% loss your just a fucking retarded troll and hater is all wow is still king cock sucker!

We do not know the sub numbers from Q3 all they said was it was over 10 million. 400k lost of 10 million would be 4%.

so it would be fair to say 4%+ lost.

Further more I do not suffer from autism. You really should not make fun of people who do.

I have a different opinion than you that does not make me a "troll".

I am not jealous of blizzard's success so nope not a "hater".

No king rules forever and no one said wow was not the king of mmos.

Also sorry I am herosexual so nope not a "cocksucker" either

Try not to resort to insults

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    But Blizzard ALONE made 1.6 billion dolalrs.

Activision Blizzard made ... 4.9 billion dollars ...
    Here is the thing BenBos: I, and I'm sure many other people, do not care. We play games for fun, not numbers.

I'm enjoying GW2 right now, actually. Greatest MMO I've played in awhile, and my wallet thinks so too!

Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I call this "Star Wars: Galaxies Syndrome". :P
    I saw Star Wars Galaxies and just outright ignored everything else you wrote, I'm sorry.

I really, really miss that game.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    It's not hard to be honest. It's also not hard to be a complete douche-canoe and eventually lose your position over it.

If I were you I'd respect good game design, instead of someone being dumb enough to induce a PR nightmare on themselves because they couldn't handle their childish tendencies.
    See heres the thing. Game developers and even the cms (although Bashiok has a seeming immunity to this) have to be political to an extent. They have to be very careful and ideally try and keep themselves above the fray so to speak. Jay saying fuck that loser is almost like a forum troll. Honest to god when he said that I couldn't believe it. It brought him down to the level of guys posting on the forums. It was great. It was fantastic. It was perhaps the most genuine thing I had ever heard or read from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I don't see how you can see the future.

For all we know 5.2 is a huge success and subs increase back to 10 million.

Don't assume.

Don't assume we will see a gain

If we go by the trends it will be a lost

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Don't assume we will see a gain

If we go by the trends it will be a lost
    When did I assume we'll see a gain?

It's either or.

Don't twist my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Theirs nothing to say we can't see a gain, it really all just depends on the developers. I know this whole game is old thing is the perfect defense because it seems like it totally just exhonerates the developers but cmon are you guys really that down on wow? Like I thought I was critical of wow but I at least think the developers can turn it around if they get their shit together. You guys don't seem to think anything can happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes because their to timid to rock the boat. It's like RIM all over again. They don't have a culture of innovation. Running the clock down until kangodo can post ont he forums how much of a win their sub losses are. A WIN!
    BB10 is the best selling Blackberry yet already beating all expectations. Stocks up like 200 percent in the last 3 months. Do you even know what you're talking about or are you just parroting things you hear in the media?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I ask myself the same question every time Blizzard reports the subs and the same people come out of the woodwork and stir up drama /shrug I'm still playing the game.
    I'm on PTR doing Throne of Thunder LFR, its fun. Its just another day for me
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    BB10 is the best selling Blackberry yet already beating all expectations. Stocks up like 200 percent in the last 3 months. Do you even know what you're talking about or are you just parroting things you hear in the media?
    BB10 is a blip in the radar. BB10 isn't even available in the US but if you think RIM is making market share back you should get your head examined. They WERE at one point the leader or close to it. Those days are gone and frankly while releasing BB10 is good the market is about what have you done for me lately. The stock being up 200 percent is just people riding the wave. It's not based on any substance in the slightest. Yes applaud them but the real work for RIM and for Thorsten Heins has just begun. They need INNOVATION. I'm not convinced they have it.