Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNotSmilesTimes View Post
    I've gotten into every beta since Cata and also never streamed a day in my life.
    Ok, I said Alpha. I know beta access isn’t uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixzed View Post
    But it's the truth. It's mainly always streamers, youtubers and so on their gets invited first.
    Nope. I've had Alpha access for the last 4 expansions. How? Family and Friends. They give it out to literally thousands of folks, 99% of them aren't streamers. Stop being a cry baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    I've gotten into the last 4 alpha/betas and I've never streamed a day in my life. The vast majority of people in the alpha/betas are not streamers.
    Correct the first 2 waves are media/creators then its big waves of other players. We are usually the least number on those servers.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Nope. I've had Alpha access for the last 4 expansions. How? Family and Friends.
    Who are either streamers, youtubers and so on, we know.

/s

All I can say is about time
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Who are either streamers, youtubers and so on, we know.

/s
    Nope, I have friends who work at Blizzard, which is how that works out. None of them are pretentious enough to think they're a wannabe streamer.

7+ Year Old Account
    This complaint literally comes up every single alpha/beta
    "Why do they only invite streamers!"
    As someone who gets into these alphas, and speaks to these people, and sees how many people there are.
    Yes, of course streamers get in, cause not only do they advertise the stuff, they also put more eyes on it.
    Instead of 1 person seeing something and giving feedback, that person can share it with their audience, and they can all give feedback on it.

So wanna know why the idea is truly bullshit?
    The amount of people who get in cause they are streamers is literally nothing compared to the amount of people who literally just... get in randomly.
    But why does it seem streamers are the only ones on?
    Cause they are the ones who... stream it.

I know surprising, but it seems like it is only streamers... cause streamers are the only one streaming the alpha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Correct the first 2 waves are media/creators then its big waves of other players. We are usually the least number on those servers.
    Yeah usually the biggest 2 groups of the first wave of alpha are
    Media
    Friends/family of blizzard.

then streamers and randos, then after the first wave is over, and more begin, the randos QUICKLY become by far the largest group.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Sure you have.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeezy58 View Post
    Sure you have.
    What are you talking about..?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Never understood why people are so keen on getting into alpha/Beta. Its literally content you will play again when live, so you are only robbing yourself from the enjoyment when it launches.

Are you guys forgetting that Blizzard is selling Beta access with Epic version of the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Are you guys forgetting that Blizzard is selling Beta access with Epic version of the expansion?
    Which shouldn't even be a thing?

Why is that something to act like it's a net positive. Gating Beta behind the most expensive version? And Early Access which should never be a thing in MMORPGs.

Alpha and Beta is for testing, not getting into so you can play the features before they launch.

But then again Blizzard haven't cared about feedback for years, Shadowlands is evident of that when people were reporting shit like crazy in Beta especially concerning systems and nothing was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Which shouldn't even be a thing?

Why is that something to act like it's a net positive. Gating Beta behind the most expensive version? And Early Access which should never be a thing in MMORPGs.

Alpha and Beta is for testing, not getting into so you can play the features before they launch.

But then again Blizzard haven't cared about feedback for years, Shadowlands is evident of that when people were reporting shit like crazy in Beta especially concerning systems and nothing was done.
    If you had actually ever played an alpha or beta you would know that while they don't fix everything they do fix plenty of issues. Like floating islands of water in BFA zones. You do realise that the beta gets wiped so it doesn't really matter if someone pays to get into it or not? They don't get any benefit for their actual WoW account.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Never understood why people are so keen on getting into alpha/Beta. Its literally content you will play again when live, so you are only robbing yourself from the enjoyment when it launches.
    I kind of feel the same way. I don’t think people will be robbed of enjoyment; however, I never understood playing something that you know is going away, is (probably a decent majority of content) in a broken/bugged state.
    Add on to those facts that Blizzard is basically getting free labor, while also getting a bunch of free advertisement, I just don’t understand why people chomp at the bit.
    I can understand streamers, as the previously mentioned advertisement of the next xpac also gets them revenue, but not the average joe/jane that is always upset when they don’t get in.

If you had actually ever played an alpha or beta you would know that while they don't fix everything they do fix plenty of issues. Like floating islands of water in BFA zones. You do realise that the beta gets wiped so it doesn't really matter if someone pays to get into it or not? They don't get any benefit for their actual WoW account.
    He doesn't even play the game at all. Asking him to play an alpha or a beta might be a bit too much to ask.
    MMO Champs :

Funnily enough, I still have Shadowlands Beta listed on my Battle.net list. Doesn't access anything of course, just that I chuckled when I saw it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    They aren't selling Beta access. There are a dozen things that are free with purchase of that edition including early access. I mean if you are going to accuse them of selling, you would point to early access since that is something tangible to buy.

People need to stop with this misleading BS.