Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    ........Black History Month.
    You have something called Black History Month in America?

Just out of curiosity, what month does your education system teach "White History Month?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by howdydiddlydoo View Post
    Hopefully our Government will meet this objective as they are trying to.
    and Ignoring the rest of my post like a boss...

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    and Ignoring the rest of my post like a boss...
    I read it all. I just quoted the part i particularly wanted to reply to. Was quite informative thank you.

I am all for anyone coming to America to make a better life for themselves. That said, I would just love to see a white scholarship fund. Or a White Heritage Month.

They can have it, why can't we? Because Racism would be screamed from the rooftops for generations to come, even though what is happening IS racism, just a different form of it.

But you know what I would like more? To see all the other cultural months and scholarship funds and whatnot GO THE HELL AWAY! A person should get something based on their own merits, NOT because they belong to a particular heritage. Our children should not have to learn about African American culture in February JUST because it is Black History Month. It is like we are trying WAY to hard to make sure we piss no one off and forget to not piss off the rest of people.
    :sigh: this is so ridiculous.

Why do you need a white heritage month? For goodness sakes in school you learn history and it's mostly all white people, and then you get to february and it's slave month. Then back to a bunch of more history, which mostly includes whites. We don't need a fucking white heritage month BECAUSE IT'S THE MAINSTREAM CULTURE. It would be stupid.

Black history month for instance should be more tied in with all history in this country, instead, in school, k-12, it is history, mostly whites, then february comes, then it's slave time, then march comes and back to history, which is yet again, mostly white.

Now you bring up heritage months but are you even aware of Italian heritage month, Irish heritage month? Are you aware that these months do indeed exist?

If you don't know the reason for why we have scholarship funds for some people by race it's because of past disadvantages and current socio economic situations.

Black history is a big part of this country, and black history plays a HUMONGOUS part in just about every popular music genre. Yet it's barely noted in history, and in black history month, nope barely noted, just more slave stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 01:09 AM ----------

You have something called Black History Month in America?

Just out of curiosity, what month does your education system teach "White History Month?"
    Well just about EVERY MONTH = history that almost elusively = white people. Black history month is usually the month they teach about slavery in America and the civil rights movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    [Sarcasm]Well you know most of the immigrants come to developed countries to get freebies. Didn't you know?[/Sarcasm]
    They may not come here for that, but they do get it. I have seen countless times a family JUST moved here from another country, legally, and with no job or credit history get into AMAZING $500k+ homes for DIRT cheap. All because they aren't born here. They should have equal footing. That is what America is about. EVERYONE is on the same level and has the same opportunities. But that simply isn't the case.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Well just about EVERY MONTH = history that almost elusively = white people. Black history month is usually the month they teach about slavery in America and the civil rights movement.
    If its not racist to have a month called "Black History Month", then it wouldn't be racist to have the remaining history lessons entitled "White History Lessons" would it.

Way to go at missing the point entirely.

I'll simply pop in to agree with you, OP. Would stay and contribute but all this MLP love and tolerance is just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You know, I never even knew what racism was until I was at least 13. The reason I found out about racism was because I was apparently racist when reading out the name of the country Niger. I said it the wrong way, its a bit silly when I think back but who cares I was a kid -_-

Honestly the only way to stop racism is to stop fucking talking about it in public, no one is really racist anymore, we may all look different but it doesnt mean I want to go and lynch the first foreigner I see. And I shouldnt have to be reminded by an authority figure that something is racist when its not.
    I don't give a shit about race, I honestly barely notice the races of people. The only time I notice race is when a white person is crying about all these immigrants... the whole I miss my country when it was more white is kind of... ridiculous.

Deleted
    I am talking about the jobless immigrant demograph. Yes.
    According to the UK border agency people from those countries you mentioned in the OP would need a visa to be able to move to the UK, meaning they would have to work.

Wtf is black history month?...
    You would assume that black history would fall under the same category as "history".
    In American schools k-12 you learn history, which is mostly European and Early American history, bar the slaves. Then February comes and it's black history month and then slavery in the Americas gets taught and then middle of the month we move onto the civil rights movement, Martin Luther King and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    They may not come here for that, but they do get it. I have seen countless times a family JUST moved here from another country, legally, and with no job or credit history get into AMAZING $500k+ homes for DIRT cheap. All because they aren't born here. They should have equal footing. That is what America is about. EVERYONE is on the same level and has the same opportunities. But that simply isn't the case.
    Then, you shouldn't be pissed at the immigrants, you should be pissed at your incompetent law makers.

10+ Year Old Account
    :sigh: this is so ridiculous.

Why do you need a white heritage month? For goodness sakes in school you learn history and it's mostly all white people, and then you get to february and it's slave month. Then back to a bunch of more history, which mostly includes whites. We don't need a fucking white heritage month BECAUSE IT'S THE MAINSTREAM CULTURE. It would be stupid.

Black history month for instance should be more tied in with all history in this country, instead, in school, k-12, it is history, mostly whites, then february comes, then it's slave time, then march comes and back to history, which is yet again, mostly white.

Now you bring up heritage months but are you even aware of Italian heritage month, Irish heritage month? Are you aware that these months do indeed exist?

If you don't know the reason for why we have scholarship funds for some people by race it's because of past disadvantages and current socio economic situations.

Black history is a big part of this country, and black history plays a HUMONGOUS part in just about every popular music genre. Yet it's barely noted in history, and in black history month, nope barely noted, just more slave stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 01:09 AM ----------

I love how you attack me, yet don't even remotely come close to reading my whole post. You obviously only read the first paragraph and then knee-jerked into a response.

You also bring up other heritage months. I understand more exist, but when are they ever observed like Black history month is? Oh, that's right, NEVER.

Next time,read the WHOLE post before you react. Otherwise you are just reacting instead of acting.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

If its not racist to have a month called "Black History Month", then it wouldn't be racist to have the remaining history lessons entitled "White History Lessons" would it.

Way to go at missing the point entirely.
    We have Irish heritage month, which some schools (mine did) teach all about Irish history. Then Italian heritage month, which my school also used to teach about Italy's history. The point is Black history doesn't = all blacks everywhere, black history month = the history of black Americans. Having a white history month to teach about the history of white Americans when you have been learning about the history of white Americans for 8/9 months, is stupid.

Deleted
    I don't give a shit about race, I honestly barely notice the races of people. The only time I notice race is when a white person is crying about all these immigrants... the whole I miss my country when it was more white is kind of... ridiculous.
    You only notice racism when it's a white person having complaints against immigration politics? The rest of the racism just get shoved to the side then? So for you, only a white person can be racist I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then, you shouldn't be pissed at the immigrants, you should be pissed at your incompetent law makers.
    Oh, believe me, I am not mad at them. They are doing what they can for their families and I respect and support it. Hell, I'd do it for my family in a heartbeat.

Institutions in this country seem to forget what equality is, that is all I am saying.

any one ever notice how tolerance is only ever expected of white people in white nations? Just remember, when ever you ask a white person to celebrate diversity, what you're really asking him to do is to celebrate the diminished power and roll that him and his children will have in the countries that their forefathers founded with blood. Mass immigration is handing off a country to people who did not build up these awesome western countries to the same people with the same shitty beliefs that made the countries shitty to begin with. If i were European i would do everything to expel the Muslim invaders. I'd suspend democracy if i had to.

and if you're white in a western nation.. For the love of god have more than two babies and we wouldn't even need these people to begin with.

Im not exactly in agreement with his views, but there are towns and area's in the UK that are almost exclusively non white. It does create a rift. Which gives way to insane views that should be left in the country they came from.
    I live in Jersey City. Literally a mile away from me there is little Indian, where just about everyone is Indian. Travel a bit north on paterson plank and you will run into little korea. I do not mind much.

Oh jeez... that's all I have to say to this. There really isn't much else to say honestly. If one feels white people are being victimized and suddenly lack upward mobility then I don't know what to think of them.
    Ppl are always looking to blame others for their issues. It is even better when the thing to blame is something you have no control over at all. Life would be great but XXXXX happened and its XXXXX fault. These types of statements and mindsets doom ppl to the lifestyles they dread. Own your own future and the path you take to get there, do that and life becomes much easier and happier.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

We have Irish heritage month, which some schools (mine did) teach all about Irish history. Then Italian heritage month, which my school also used to teach about Italy's history. The point is Black history doesn't = all blacks everywhere, black history month = the history of black Americans. Having a white history month to teach about the history of white Americans when you have been learning about the history of white Americans for 8/9 months, is stupid.
    White people living in America come from all over the place, as do Black people.

You should have lessons called "African History Month", then it would be politically as equal as "Irish History Month".

Simply calling it "Black History Month" is racist towards white people when society would appear to frown upon a "White History Month".

I see large double standards in your statements.

Have fun.