Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hotlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Evoque View Post
    Don't, DON'T compare us portuguese with the brazilian please. It's an offense. They can't speak english because they don't even know how to speak portuguese...sad but true.
    Almost all of the Brazillian people I've met (in wow or otherwise) speak English. Most of them can't speak Spanish ironically, but just about all of them speak English.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    yh brazillians barely speak portuguese correctly, let alone english. U just have to use a translator addon or smthing.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 04:36 PM ----------



    HAHA OMG/10 chars
    Yeah.... Right, and you in exchange have perfect English, or "smthing liek dat"....

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Almost all of the Brazillian people I've met (in wow or otherwise) speak English. Most of them can't speak Spanish ironically, but just about all of them speak English.
    yeah, butchered english, just like their butchered portuguese they speak.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Evoque View Post
    Don't, DON'T compare us portuguese with the brazilian please. It's an offense. They can't speak english because they don't even know how to speak portuguese...sad but true.
    I could rebound that to you, but I rather just report this prejudice.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 03:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by eLiTe_J_ View Post
    yeah, butchered english, just like their butchered portuguese they speak.
    And I guess EVERY SINGLE PERSON in U.S.A. speak perfect and flawless English.

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    I could rebound that to you, but I rather just report this prejudice.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 03:43 PM ----------


    And I guess EVERY SINGLE PERSON in U.S.A. speak perfect and flawless English.
    What are you even trying to do here? You just tried to instigate conflict with two different people.

  6. #26
    I haven't found any issues with the br/es crowd. I speak more english than spanish and play on a spanish server. I lfd all day long. I get paired with people from similar realms and can still communicate. I do the same things I would do in an english speaking group. I just assume most people know what to do and it all works out.

    Maybe you are trying to explain everything to much and people are giving you the mickey because of your huge wall of english text. You don't really have to boss people around or even say anything other than hello! and ty for group!. Playing together involves more nonverbal communication like watching how the other players are playing and acting in concert.

    If you are trying to inform everybody in every group of how all mechanics work in english then you are probably a bit of a drag. The more I think about it, the more I am reminded of the phrase: If everybody else is a problem, it is probably just you.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by darqhur View Post
    I haven't found any issues with the br/es crowd. I speak more english than spanish and play on a spanish server. I lfd all day long. I get paired with people from similar realms and can still communicate. I do the same things I would do in an english speaking group. I just assume most people know what to do and it all works out.

    Maybe you are trying to explain everything to much and people are giving you the mickey because of your huge wall of english text. You don't really have to boss people around or even say anything other than hello! and ty for group!. Playing together involves more nonverbal communication like watching how the other players are playing and acting in concert.

    If you are trying to inform everybody in every group of how all mechanics work in english then you are probably a bit of a drag. The more I think about it, the more I am reminded of the phrase: If everybody else is a problem, it is probably just you.
    Did you really just say it was his fault for helping too much? This is why people don't help you at all these days.

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hotlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,543
    Quote Originally Posted by eLiTe_J_ View Post
    yeah, butchered english, just like their butchered portuguese they speak.
    So what, the USA is a nation of immigrants, English doesn't have to be perfect to get along there. I know people who don't even know English and have gone from being immigrants with nothing in their pockets to owning their own businesses.

    And I know people in Chile who have done the same thing with only a very minimal knowledge of Spanish.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    What are you even trying to do here? You just tried to instigate conflict with two different people.
    Care to explain how too people offending myself and every other Brazilian are just innocent bystanders, and how I pointing that I reported one for prejudice and the other one that every country have their language butchers are "instigating" them?

    Can you? This thread derailed to offending a portion of the players based only on feelings of superiority, without any significant backup.

    Can we have it closed?

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Did you really just say it was his fault for helping too much? This is why people don't help you at all these days.
    Nope. Sure didn't. I am saying people don't really need anybody to explain everything to them. It's lfd and lfr not rocket science.

    Your statement implies that him saying everything in english is even helpful.

  11. #31
    Miss Doctor Lady Bear Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    15,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Can you? This thread derailed to offending a portion of the players based only on feelings of superiority, without any significant backup.
    I agree.

    Closed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •