Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    i cant watch SAO due to the main "hero". his atitude early in the anime makes me hard to actualy want to see the rest of the episodes. the issue is that hes all like "oh only i matter and my survival is the most important thing screw any1 else." then he meets some people and thinks "oh i'm lonely, guess i will hang out with these newbies but i wont tell them my secrets so i can show off" then he proceeds to start liking the group and then the group dies because they think that they are getting better at the game but in fact it was due to the hero beign much higher lvl than the zone they were in so then the hero goes on a self pity and remorse stage. it makes me realy angry because why doesnt he just f**in tell the truth the first time instead of people actualy dying for his selfish needs and then the whole remorse stage
    Lol you didn't get the personality at all from the main hero. Reason he goes solo is because hes afraid of letting others down. He was in conflict with himself, if it was deeply hidden I could understand your reaction but this anime is so obvious when it comes to personality and feelings.

Ontopic: I don't like it when they force in perve shots...almost all short running anime tend to go for perv shots where you see some teenage girl going naked even though it adds nothing to the story. I liked SAO but second part of the season pissed me off with tentacle scenes and the girl doing random blushes as soon as Kirito walks in even though shes not wearing anything that's so revealing.

As someone said before, I still don't get how they managed to get SAO to go from super touching and epic anime to the bullshit we received after Kirito got out of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    I was talking about dubs.if some anime i like to watch only got english dubs i wont watch it.Just cant stand it.
    Every anime is possible to watch subbed, if you are watching it dubbed that just means the one source you are watching it from was dubbed, but there is always a subbed alternative so being forced to watch dubbed for lack of subbed is a bit strange.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Dunno why it just dont fit the char in my mind.It sounds like some 30 years old women trying to sound like 15 years old girls.
    That's because it is a 30 year old pretending to be a child. The only shows I tolerate in english are Pokémon and Yugioh in the past, and that because they don't use or not much atleast use OST in the original. Ever seen a Yugioh battle in jap? I could fall asleep before the second turn.

Bad powergrowth.

In allot of animes they start of with a whole bunch of interesting and strong characters, but before to long, the main character outgrows pretty much everyone by so much so that allot of the old characters are basiclly useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    unless they make major edits to the dialog or cut things out theres no reason not to watch dubs O-O
    Because it sounds like shit most of the time compared to the original, there is a huge reason to not watch dubs, to me, it ruins the anime.

Deleted
    CGI
    it annoys me

15+ Year Old Account
    Tsundere Characters who never stop beating up the MC. (for both sexes).
    when the MC is too stupid to realize the feelings of the opposite sex.
    theres a whole list but i don't feel like writing a novel.

Tsundere female cuntbag leaves the door open or unlocked while changing and beats the bajesus out of the guy that accidentally walks in on her. Most tsunderes are just bitches.

Yukiteru and all ilk like him.

"We're not actually blood related siblings!"

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Because it sounds like shit most of the time compared to the original, there is a huge reason to not watch dubs, to me, it ruins the anime.
    To be fair, a lot of dubs are worth it if you aren't watching for the show.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2013-01-21 at 05:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really watch anime, but one thing I have noticed in shows from the recent X-number of years is they lack what I can only describe as a "gritty" feel to them. I don't mean like the actual plot I mean the actual animation style looks different and more I guess clean now a days. I am talking about stuff from series from the late 80s/90s and like a lot of the anime cut scenes you would see in CD RPG games/Japanese games of the era. I am sure this has to do with using computers or something when doing the animation for modern series, but I just for some reason miss that darker, grittier feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Good point. Bible Black dub is one of the best anime comedies ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go a list Here:

Fan Service Animes/Episodes.
    Oh look another panty/side boob/Lost all my clothes except the 2 strings covering my nipples and who-who to your attack/spa episode..... The plot really needed this....

Super Horny Women with bitch ass dudes.
    Look so you want to save yourself until marriage. thats cool, but acting like a whiny bitch everytime a girl talks to you, losing ten gallons of blood with every panty/boob shot,and getting your ass kicked by your love interest because you looked at another girl gets old.... fast.

Filler.
    IT NEVER MAKES SENSE!!!

Mind Fuck endings
    evangelion, looking at you.

Racist Characters
    Big lip Black guy, talking in slang and plays football/basketball.
    Redneck white dude in a pickup.
    We are not in the 1940s, move on.

"Friends" city
    A city, in a major location, that has nothing but white/asian people. If its set in japan thats cool, but its fucking dumb that you dont see a single other race when they travel to other counties.

Power of Friendship
    See Yu-Gi-Oh abridged.

Super powered evil dude loses because of plot device # 452323212.453
    If you cant pull that out of your ass use....

Transformations
    get the super giga armor/power of the lion/mega ultimate form!!!!!

Animes set in schools
    which is like all of them these days....

Ultra powerful old dude who does nothing
    Strongest guy on the planet, who never helps the main character when he is trying to save the world.

Stupid Team ups.
    Hey, i know you killed my mother but lets work together to beat this pie!!!! YEAH!!!!!!

Plot armor
    Character cant die because of the lame ass plot.

-----

Animes/Mangas that did it right

Deathnote - I have never seen shit hit the fan as hard as in Deathnote.
    Gundam Wing
    Claymore
    Berserk

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    My main pet peeve in the animangu department is when they speak something not american because I cant understand them and when people tell me to read subtitles I tell them that I am not here to watch a book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Racist Characters
    Big lip Black guy, talking in slang and plays football/basketball.
    Redneck white dude in a pickup.
    We are not in the 1940s, move on.

"Friends" city
    A city, in a major location, that has nothing but white/asian people. If its set in japan thats cool, but its fucking dumb that you dont see a single other race when they travel to other counties.

Ultra powerful old dude who does nothing
    Strongest guy on the planet, who never helps the main character when he is trying to save the world.
    To Racist Characters - Not having racist characters would remove a major mindset of people, it makes it more real. There is still an extreme amount of racism in the world in this day and age, and it's not going to go away any time soon. Removing it in anime just because you don't like a character being racist doesn't make sense. That character being racist is what makes that character who he/she is.

Not having blacks/other in anime - That's just the art style. Sure there might be some blacks in a show because of the art style the show has, but they shouldn't have to animate different colors of people just to appease, even if it does take place in a different country. Many shows have everyone be one color because they don't want you to identify people by their skin color, but by their personality.

Powerful Dudes - I can agree on this to some extent, but a lot of the time the older/wiser one either isn't as powerful as people think he is, or knows how a setting would turn out if he entered the fray and doesn't like it, but would rather a better ending happen with someone else solving the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to say dubs and filler, they have been pretty well covered thus far

fan service seems to be more prevalent than I would care for

the general problem is sameness, everything seems so familiar, its hard to find an anime that isn't highly reminiscent of something I've already seen, in the past I refused to watch anything set in high school because I was so sick of the setting, whoops thats 95% of anime, and now I've got a ban on harems, but thats only 80%

there's plenty good out there its just hard to find when the field is so diluted with crap

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to add my top one :

DUMB AS A SACK OF MUSHROOMS main characters.
    Dude is an idiot when it comes to :
    Life
    Girls
    Love
    School
    Money
    Everything other than fighting/Stakeboarding/some sport.

No ones perfect but why is it so common? you will NEVER she a female MC with those issues.

There was one manga i started and almost got hooked, before the plot event you learned that the MC was a 16-18 year old player, had multiple girlfriends, got his teacher drunk so he could "score", was rich and lived alone. FUCKING MINDBLOWING shit that you dont normally see. I wish i remembered the name, it had something to do with a demon possessing him and he could shoot fire kamahamahas.

No ones perfect but why is it so common? you will NEVER she a female MC with those issues.
    That's because you don't see many female MCs.

Animes/Mangas that did it right

Deathnote - I have never seen shit hit the fan as hard as in Deathnote.
    Gundam Wing
    Claymore
    Berserk
    Just wait a minute... HOW the fuck did they make CLAYMORE right? They absolutely killed the anime with their anime-only end

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Overhyped shows. Or rather, unfounded overhyped shows. SAO in particular at the moment. While mainly the fault of the fanbase and not the show itself, people ignore huge problems and it bothers me to no end.

2) 99% of shonen main characters. Purely ne-dimensional characters with little redeeming qualities.

3) Power systems akin to DBZ, ok we gone in over our head with the power levels, so lets just make it up as we go along to fit the plot.

4) Generic devices such as the main character in a school-based anime having their seat in that same spot next to the window so they can gaze outside, etc.

5) One-note villains. Case in point; every Bleach villain.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2013-01-23 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Just wait a minute... HOW the fuck did they make CLAYMORE right? They absolutely killed the anime with their anime-only end
    I should have wrote manga only for that one (and berserk), Deathnote was one of the few animes that stayed true to the manga.
    Gundam wing was a cool anime, never read the manga.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Powerful Dudes - I can agree on this to some extent, but a lot of the time the older/wiser one either isn't as powerful as people think he is, or knows how a setting would turn out if he entered the fray and doesn't like it, but would rather a better ending happen with someone else solving the problem.
    I'll give you that one.
    Kenchi, World Strongest had that issue but explained it in a way that made sense, if one master jumped in, EVERY master would enter the fight and there would be death and destruction. However sometimes the masters did get sucked into a fight or two. This keep them and the amount of power they had fresh, so when they compaired another fighter to them you know that a bad SOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Unfortunately, dubs like that are few and far between. They're mostly just irritating.