Page 11 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalent1989 View Post
    You have spent so much time talking about changing the system as if it were as easy as changing a pair of socks.
    It's not easy, I never said it was.
    There is however a difference in taking a stance and atleast trying to change for the better (opinions are different per person, obviously) then laying on your back doing nothing that would resolve your problem.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    It doesn't work, that's the point.
    You should be payed minimum wage plus cost to maintain the tools needed for your job.
    Basically you are taking your customers hostage while the big bosses are laughing at you.
    I work at Dominos as a driver and I am payed min wage. Tips are just extra. They also pay me $1 every time I go on delivery which pays for my gas. The tips that customers give me is money I keep at the end of the night. So instead of making $8.80 an hour, I make around $15 an hour because of the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by JohhnyK View Post
    And you expect us to take you seriously when you cannot even form a coherent thought throughout one measly paragraph? Way to represent your side there.
    Read it again if you failed to understand it
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the cop use his own car, pay for his own car insurance, pay for his own gas?
    Does the fire fighter use his own car, pay for his own car insurance, pat for his own gas, pay for the water he uses to put fires out?

The question is, why does a delivery guy have to that in the USA?

Sounds as ridiculous as those fancy adds like "earn 100€ a day with no work from home. just pay us 100€ in advance for this super tip"

Don't they have company cars over there that advertise the pizza shop by being recognisable?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp15 View Post
    I work at Dominos as a driver and I am payed min wage. Tips are just extra. They also pay me $1 every time I go on delivery which pays for my gas. The tips that customers give me is money I keep at the end of the night. So instead of making $8.80 an hour, I make around $15 an hour because of the tips.
    There are people that need their tips to even reach minimum wage, minus the money needed for the "tools" to keep going.
    Dominos is doing a good job on how you describe it - it should be like this everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    The question is, why does a delivery guy have to that in the USA?

Sounds as ridiculous as those fancy adds like "earn 100€ a day with no work from home. just pay us 100€ in advance for this super tip"

Don't they have company cars over there that advertise the pizza shop by being recognisable?
    None that I know of, they simply place a magnetic car topper with the company logo on it on the drivers car and send him about

Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    expecting a tip for doing your jobb is plain rude if you ask me. Why would someone want to give you more of there money after buying so many pizzas.
    You like many others have failed to take into account that delivey(more specificly food delivey) is a service that is often free(not counting a delivery fee because that never goes to a driver no matter how much you want it to.) Maybe its because you live in a society that has eliminated tipping. Or perhaps it is because you are still ignorant to the world around you and how it works. All things considered i never really expect a tip from schools, or anywhere else really. it is understood that I more than likely will get tips. But just because i dont expect tips doesnt invalidate that ridiculousness of the topic at hand.

There are people that need their tips to even reach minimum wage, minus the money needed for the "tools" to keep going.
    Dominos is doing a good job on how you describe it.
    In the US if they are paying you under 7.25$ a hr they are breaking the law. "If its a Check/Tax paying job and not money under the table." Unless the state there in is special it is a must to pay at lease 7.25$ a hr.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Usually young people with families and people that have worked in the business that tip; the poorest people.

$2 an hour woot woot

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong.

If everyone was highly skilled (PhD Level) then the chances of robots doing 'lesser jobs' is high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    that's why some jobs like tv/sportsand others that are paid stupids ammounts need a cap and the money goes to things like normal every day jobs that we all need.
    liek cleaners mcdonalds etc why are they paid soo little but are REQUIRED
    The last time I checked, McDonalds and similar jobs pay minimum wage ($7.25/hour), which is sufficient for those types of jobs. Service industry jobs have a separate minimum wage ($2.13/hour). THOSE are the people that live on their tips and the ones I'm referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    In the US if they are paying you under 7.25$ a hr they are breaking the law. "If its a Check/Tax paying job and not money under the table." Unless the state there in is special it is a must to pay at lease 7.25$ a hr.
    You are ignorant, research before you post and claim something is illegal

http://www.paywizard.org/main/minimu...tipped-workers

http://www.dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dominos is doing a good job on how you describe it - it should be like this everywhere.
    I read that if you are paid under min wage (say $3/hr) and don't at least make the min wage (say $8/hr) in tips that the owner or whoever has to pay the difference. I think it's law.

Nope they get payed to do there job just like Delivery people. Do you understand yet.
    yes, they also get paid a wage,benifits,retirement,vacation etc compensary to what they are doing albeit not enough in my opinion as they are some of the lowest paying jobs on average in America. a delivery driver gets none of these things. hell im not even complaining when i was doing it through school i made about 13-15 dollars an hour, now im making about 20 an hour plus an additional 15% for working overnight, i do miss the driving though

10+ Year Old Account
    The US effectively has TWO minimum wages. $7.25/hour is for your typical entry-level/service industry type job (McD's, Walmart, etc). Then there is the 'tipped minimum wage' for people who work in positions where it's expected that patrons will tip for service (most food/drink server jobs fall in this category). That minimum wage is currently $2.13/hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp15 View Post
    I read that if you are paid under min wage (say $3/hr) and don't at least make the min wage (say $8/hr) in tips that the owner or whoever has to pay the difference. I think it's law.
    Aslong as you hit the minimum wage, I do not see a big problem.
    Having to pay for additional cost such as maintenance and gas should be on the companies list, not the person that works for them or their customers.
    There are a lot of companies that do pay for the additional cost but what makes a delivery job any less of a job that the company doesn't pay for it fully?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom Panda View Post
    The last time I checked, McDonalds and similar jobs pay minimum wage ($7.25/hour), which is sufficient for those types of jobs. Service industry jobs have a separate minimum wage ($2.13/hour). THOSE are the people that live on their tips and the ones I'm referring to.
    I personaly dont think it's sufficient, by the time you take out tax rent food etc essentails you are left with next to nothing.
    Same with the drivers ofc.
    yeh there are people who get paid 6figure saleries. people on tv footballers and meny others who get paid stupid ammounts
    I undertsand they have probs worked hard to get theese but they could easily live off half of what they get and put that money into
    lower end jobs.
    I live in shitty part of wales where there are not meny jobs or crappy paid ones. and some people just eat toast and drink water because thats all they can afford. I just wish things could be made more fair, but yeh my opinion is probs bias from my back ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Whoa. Whoa. Wait a moment.

Pizza Hut got a delivery service in the states? For real?
    Yes, Pizza Hut delivers in the US.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

If people keep on being lap dogs to the system then it will never change.
    Instead of feeling sorry for not getting tipped and hating on the customer, the power used on this should be directed elsewhere.
    You do realize there is no "tipping system" in America and that it's more tradition based than anything which goes back hundreds of years. It doesn't have anything to do with the Government either. There are plenty of jobs that get tips that the Government doesn't even have first hand knowledge of their wages. (ie; Bartenders, Hair Stylist, etc) Tipping is just something that has become a normal part of a transaction when good/great/amazing service is rendered whether that be construction work, delivery service, bartending, or landscaping. I don't think tipping is mandatory and if I'm at a restaurant and the server is more concerned with her cell phone than taking care of her tables than I surely won't fork out extra cash for her, but the first time I order from a take out place in a new neighborhood I give the driver a bit extra so that way they remember me and they tend to get the food there faster the next time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes because its that simple....

Does the cop use his own car, pay for his own car insurance, pay for his own gas?
    Does the fire fighter use his own car, pay for his own car insurance, pat for his own gas, pay for the water he uses to put fires out?

Does the cop or the firefighter make $8/hr?

Im sorry but do you really think delivery driver=cop/firefighter because they both use automobiles and paved roads?
    Thats like saying a criminal=cop because they both use guns.

So what you ARE saying is that you in FACT DO AND DID expect a tip? So, why in the HELL did you lie before when you say you dont expect to be tipped?

Seriously, why not just come clean and say you are pissed about not being tipped and end your lie.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.