Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    If you use a lot of combat log scanning addons (combat text, boss mods, anything that hooks the so-called "CLEU" event) then your wow will be slow with any computer in the world - it's just that CPU-bound and won't ever go past a single core. Addons going through every single combat log event are a significant part of wow's CPU profile.
    Using Recount and Mik's Scrolling Combat Text which should fall under that category.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Can you run Unigine Heaven Benchmark and post a screenshot of your results?
    I will in a few hours, currently busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciank255 View Post
    How much FPS do you have in crowded areas ( capital cities )?
    What is your internet speed DL/sec AND UL/sec?

WoW hits ( maybe this will be very funny for some of you ) very hard on your hardware in very detailed ( you said you enabled max view distance so it takes details from a VERY long radius ) and very crowded areas AS WELL as it hits your internet connection.

I played on 1mb/sec DL and 1mb/sec upload for about 2 years. I had big FPS issues thinking it's my computer ( even upgraded couple of times and it didn't improved my FPS for much ) then i moved and got another internet speed 10mb/sec DL and 2mb/sec upload I got an 20-25 FPS increase with it in raids. Don't know how that works but it's crazy. If you have a good internet connection i don't have any suggestions.

EDIT: Also, don't play with 42874 addons, it killes your CPU power and RAM ( you don't have a prob with ram, you have plenty or memory RAM ).
    I have 15/15.
    Last edited by mmoc1f320b3f5d; 2013-01-20 at 06:09 PM.

Try disabling all your addons. Some addons are insanely hungry.. if that helps, re-enable them one at a time, you might find the culprit.

With the graphics settings you specified, you should get more FPS in 25man with your computer.

Too much addons can cause that, also make sure you're running WoW is 64bits, there is a noticeable performance boost from 32bits.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Gooby View Post
    Using Recount and Mik's Scrolling Combat Text which should fall under that category.
    Yeah that shouldn't be a problem, I usually see performance start to drop around 6-7 of these. But it'd still be a good idea to get something like Addon Control Panel, deactivate everything else and go into LFR while enabling your "vital" addons one by one and see what happens.

If performance is equally poor with no addons, then there's another issue entirely of course.

For reference, my specs are almost identical to yours (but my GPU is older), and I get at least 40-50fps in raids with everything on ultra, and I do have a very addon-heavy UI setup, so something could be off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooby View Post
    I have thought about overclocking, however I'm afraid I might break something. Currently I can't afford an aftermarket cooler.
    save up some money for it , current sandy/ivy chips from the K series are made to OC and do so with very little/ no risk of breaking stuff.

edit: perhaps a long shot but maybe you pc power managment is still in power saving modus instead of performance? :P
    or something like forgetting the extra 6 pin connectors to the gpu?
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2013-01-20 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is something very odd with your system, that should run everything ultra with 35+ fps in raids. Have you updated your graphics driver?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Did you make a clean install or just move everything over?
    Install it from the beginning and then just try without addons in, I don't know, LFR or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Did you make a clean install or just move everything over?
    Install it from the beginning and then just try without addons in, I don't know, LFR or something.
    I downloaded WoW from the website, should be clean. I will try without addons when I'm off school.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    There is something very odd with your system, that should run everything ultra with 35+ fps in raids. Have you updated your graphics driver?
    Exactly what I'm thinking, I might have done something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    save up some money for it , current sandy/ivy chips from the K series are made to OC and do so with very little/ no risk of breaking stuff.

edit: perhaps a long shot but maybe you pc power managment is still in power saving modus instead of performance? :P
    or something like forgetting the extra 6 pin connectors to the gpu?
    I've plugged in 1 8 pin and 1 6 pin in my GPU, not sure if I missed one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    Yeah that shouldn't be a problem, I usually see performance start to drop around 6-7 of these. But it'd still be a good idea to get something like Addon Control Panel, deactivate everything else and go into LFR while enabling your "vital" addons one by one and see what happens.

If performance is equally poor with no addons, then there's another issue entirely of course.

For reference, my specs are almost identical to yours (but my GPU is older), and I get at least 40-50fps in raids with everything on ultra, and I do have a very addon-heavy UI setup, so something could be off.
    The addons that I use and can remember is:
    Bartender
    Recount
    DBM
    Xperl player frames only
    Vuhdo
    Energywatch
    Roguepowerbars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Lol I thought this was going to be a bedroom issue :>.
    In the computer section? You really want us to believe that? lol
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Did you get a chance to run Heaven yet? Curious to see if the performance is lacking in WoW only.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Did you get a chance to run Heaven yet? Curious to see if the performance is lacking in WoW only.
    I will when I get home, however I can say that I played Metro 2033 with everything maxed 1920x1080 with no performance problems.

Deleted
    Meh, I don't get 60FPS all the time either, but I don't really care in WoW. I've tons of addons, and I don't feel like turning them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    Too much addons can cause that, also make sure you're running WoW is 64bits, there is a noticeable performance boost from 32bits.
    Doesn't make any difference for me whatsoever.

Check that you don't have some settings in ATI control panel that for example anti-aliases transparent textures.. that takes loads of power when you have a bunch of spells overlapping.

Also try disabling sound (Ctrl-S) and ofc all addons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    Check that you don't have some settings in ATI control panel that for example anti-aliases transparent textures.. that takes loads of power when you have a bunch of spells overlapping.

Also try disabling sound (Ctrl-S) and ofc all addons.
    Where can I find these settings?

http://i.imgur.com/FCiX7i7.png

Here's the Heaven thing.
    Last edited by mmoc1f320b3f5d; 2013-01-21 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    resize that pic !
    fps there seems fine though.

Those results look perfectly fine.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

So your GPU and CPU are working fine, seemingly. The issue is with your Wow installation and/or how it handles addons. Guessing.

Deleted
    It's a fresh download from the website so I don't understand why I'm getting so bad performance. :/

Deleted
    1. Go into energy power settings and check that you've put it on "High performance" instead of anything else.
    2. Check that you have the latest drivers, the new AMD drivers has given such a big performance boost.
    3. Go into options in WoW and click advanced, check max foreground & background FPS if these are capped. It's like v-sync, which caps your FPS. Try turning them off.
    4. Try disable all of your addon, there could be something wrong with one of them which causes this loss of FPS, It's very common.
    5. Check that you're running 64-bit of WoW client.

I mean, there's obviously nothing wrong with your PC if you can run other games maxed out. It must be something connected to WoW. I heard hyperthreading from i7 isn't good for WoW, however it won't cause that much difference. I haven't disabled hyperthreading myself.

What's your FPS in random MoP zones with everything on ultra and multisampling 4x?

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 07:35 PM ----------

I can admit I'm also a little worried about the performance of my PC. I'm running everything on ultra and multisampling 4x, when I stand outside AH in Orgrimmar on a high populated realm like Stormscale EU I have 30-32 FPS. When I'm flying around in random MoP zones I have 60-70 FPS.

Can I also run a test like he did and you can say whether something's wrong or if everything works fine with my PC?

CPU: I7 3770 3,4 GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x
    RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb 1600 MHz ram

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sowz View Post
    1. Go into energy power settings and check that you've put it on "High performance" instead of anything else.
    2. Check that you have the latest drivers, the new AMD drivers has given such a big performance boost.
    3. Go into options in WoW and click advanced, check max foreground & background FPS if these are capped. It's like v-sync, which caps your FPS. Try turning them off.
    4. Try disable all of your addon, there could be something wrong with one of them which causes this loss of FPS, It's very common.
    5. Check that you're running 64-bit of WoW client.

I mean, there's obviously nothing wrong with your PC if you can run other games maxed out. It must be something connected to WoW. I heard hyperthreading from i7 isn't good for WoW, however it won't cause that much difference. I haven't disabled hyperthreading myself.

What's your FPS in random MoP zones with everything on ultra and multisampling 4x?

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 07:35 PM ----------

I can admit I'm also a little worried about the performance of my PC. I'm running everything on ultra and multisampling 4x, when I stand outside AH in Orgrimmar on a high populated realm like Stormscale EU I have 30-32 FPS. When I'm flying around in random MoP zones I have 60-70 FPS.

Can I also run a test like he did and you can say whether something's wrong or if everything works fine with my PC?

CPU: I7 3770 3,4 GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x
    RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb 1600 MHz ram
    It was on balanced, is on High Performance now. My FPS in The Jade Forest with everything max except Multisampling is about 55 fps. Not something I'm happy about considering I used about $2700 on this computer. :/
    Last edited by mmoc1f320b3f5d; 2013-01-21 at 06:50 PM.