Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool story: Mexico has draconic gun laws, you literally cannot own a firearm unless you're a corrupt politician or a drug cartel member.
    Those laws didn't stop shit. Those laws didn't stop the thousands of deaths last year (what was it, nearly 50,000 gun related deaths?).

Moral of the story is. All you people for gun control ask yourself this; since when has prohibition ever stopped criminals? I can get weed in less than 30 minutes where I live atm. I can also get a gun in less than a day (illegally ofc, through connections).

Banning shit NEVER stops shit.

Also don't call yourself a liberal and call for gun control; you're not a lib. You're a tyrant. You want to take my freedom. You're scum. Swine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    While the issue of gun control is before us, I dont see why not.
    Gun control is just the media's flavor of the month. Once this crap gets stalled for a while in Congress, the media will go back to talking about Kim K. or Michelle Obama's bangs or Te'o's fake girlfriend.

Obama already handled the mental health part with executive orders. Background checks for all gun purchases is an obvious need. Weapon bans will thankfully never pass with republicans in one part of Congress.

This is a non issue cuz it ain't going much further than it already has.
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Cool story: Mexico has draconic gun laws, you literally cannot own a firearm unless you're a corrupt politician or a drug cartel member.
    Those laws didn't stop shit. Those laws didn't stop the thousands of deaths last year (what was it, nearly 50,000 gun related deaths?).

Moral of the story is. All you people for gun control ask yourself this; since when has prohibition ever stopped criminals? I can get weed in less than 30 minutes where I live atm. I can also get a gun in less than a day (illegally ofc, through connections).

Also don't call yourself a liberal and call for gun control; you're not a lib. You're a tyrant. You want to take my freedom. You're scum. Swine.
    I'm sorry and I hope this won't be considered country bashing, but the law in Mexico is a fucking joke. Really irrelevant to use the subject in a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    I'm just wondering why the NRAA gets so much support in your country. I agree with what you said 100% but everytime I read something about the NRAA it seems as if they are against any and all forms of gun control to the point where they appear like complete lunatics. It's obvious that the NRAA is deep in the pockets of the gun industry and vice versa, I just dont get how they still have the support of the people.
    what does the National Renal Administrators Association have to do with any of this?

i think you mean the NRA, National Rifle Association.

Then let's compare US gun violence to gun violence in countries with tight control that are actually on the same development level, and also aren't ridiculously corrupt because they're a gateway country for the US drug market. Let's try any country in the EU. Oops. There's your whole allegory on the ground with your world view.

Also you have a really twisted idea of freedom if you prioritize being able to own a gun over everyone being able to get medical treatment, and your media not having bullshit censorship. That's America for you though. Grats on being the epitome of a sad stereotype.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

well, I am a realist. Lets see assult weapons are very hard to move by criminals in the U.S. They are big, bulky and easily visible. That is the reason most gangs do not have assult weapons. So, banning them for civilian use will be effective, because criminals in the U.S. do not use them to begin with. If you say to ban something like a handgun, that will be extremely difficult and will need extreme loss of our other freedoms (which is why people support gun restriction, rather than outright ban). Criminals are criminals. They can not be stopped but they can be made less dangerous by making it harder for them to aquire the weapons (they do not make the weapons themselves but legally buy them from gun shows, and vendors).

Freedom will not do you any good if you are dead. Literally, what will happen to YOUR freedom, When YOU are murdered?

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    what does the National Renal Administrators Association have to do with any of this?

i think you mean the NRA, National Rifle Association.
    Yeah my bad. I thought there was a "of America" at the end of it
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    well, I am a realist. Lets see assault weapons are very hard to move by criminals in the U.S. They are big, bulky and easily visible. That is the reason most gangs do not have assault weapons. So, banning them for civilian use will be effective, because criminals in the U.S. do not use them to begin with. If you say to ban something like a handgun, that will be extremely difficult and will need extreme loss of our other freedoms (which is why people support gun restriction, rather than outright ban). Criminals are criminals. They can not be stopped but they can be made less dangerous by making it harder for them to aquire the weapons (they do not make the weapons themselves but legally buy them from gun shows, and vendors).

Freedom will not do you any good if you are dead. Literally, what will happen to YOUR freedom, When YOU are murdered?
    not exactly true.... the AK-47 is famous for being able to be taken apart and put back together with parts made from around the world and still work fine.
    many of the modern automatic rifles mechanical parts are slightly bigger then a hand gun.
    and a few of them are made with only plastic, allowing them to get past metal scanners.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    300,000,000 million guns in the USA
    311,000,000 million people in the USA

...above 95% I should recon.
    Actually, if we use 2011 and adjust for the 50% of murders that are drug or gang-related according to the Department of Justice, your chance of being murdered is .0000218%. Your odds are being murdered by a rifle sink to 1 in 1,000,000. It's such a HUGE problem... /rollseyes

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Actually, if we use 2011 and adjust for the 50% of murders that are drug or gang-related according to the Department of Justice, your chance of being murdered is .0000218%. Your odds are being murdered by a rifle sink to 1 in 1,000,000. It's such a HUGE problem... /rollseyes
    Tell that to the relatives of those that got killed
    "Well I'm really sorry for your loss but here look at this statistic, its not really that bad"

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    well, I am a realist. Lets see assult weapons are very hard to move by criminals in the U.S. They are big, bulky and easily visible. That is the reason most gangs do not have assult weapons. So, banning them for civilian use will be effective, because criminals in the U.S. do not use them to begin with. If you say to ban something like a handgun, that will be extremely difficult and will need extreme loss of our other freedoms (which is why people support gun restriction, rather than outright ban). Criminals are criminals. They can not be stopped but they can be made less dangerous by making it harder for them to aquire the weapons (they do not make the weapons themselves but legally buy them from gun shows, and vendors).

The old emotional play. I'm comfortable with my 1 in 1,000,000 chance of being murdered with a rifle. The 2nd Amendment is to prevent government tyranny. You should probably read the hundreds of documents where the Founders discuss this. Let the police have fully automatic rifles and limit the citizens to shotguns? Hilarious. Historical despots would have loved you.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 08:47 PM ----------

Tell that to the relatives of those that got killed
    "Well I'm really sorry for your loss but here look at this statistic, its not really that bad"
    Yeah, because policy should be based on emotion, not facts. That says it all about anti-gun whackos.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    The old emotional play. I'm comfortable with my 1 in 1,000,000 chance of being murdered with a rifle. The 2nd Amendment is to prevent government tyranny. You should probably read the hundreds of documents where the Founders discuss this. Let the police have fully automatic rifles and limit the citizens to shotguns? Hilarious. Historical despots would have loved you.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 08:47 PM ----------

Yeah, because policy should be based on emotion, not facts. That says it all about anti-gun whackos.
    You seem pretty irate. What are you even trying to say? Your countries absurd number of gun related deaths is irrelevant because people who get sad when their relatives are shot are just big sissies?

You seem pretty irate. What are you even trying to say? Your countries absurd number of gun related deaths is irrelevant because people who get sad when their relatives are shot are just big sissies?
    shit-slinging like a couple of chimps isn't going to help anyone, stop it.

For the size of our country it's not absurd. People die from many other things exponentially higher than gunshots. I'm in more danger during my daily commute that I am in a neighborhood packing heat like branch dividians.

And he didn't sound irate...he said get your facts....being you are not from this country (figured by the NRAA)....you should read before you let your heart bleed. Just cuz someones kids got blasted doesn't mean I'm gonna allow it to happen to mine....they'll do the blasting with me.
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo328 View Post
    This is nowhere near accurate. This does not mean 300,000,000 people have guns, this means there are 300,000,000 guns in the USA. People who like guns are likely going to have more than 1 gun. Please do not just post numbers in an attempt to lead people to thinking a certain way without giving any context.
    Did you just accuse me of writing "300,000,000 million guns in the USA" of not accurately meaning there are 300,000,000 million guns in the USA?

I never said everybody in America owned a gun, and you damn well know that - and that's not my point.

My point was having a disgustingly armed stockpile of guns in the USA (almost 1-for-1) increases the chances of ANYBODY being able to get their hands on a gun, legally or illegally. Do you think these guns were illegally created?

Quote Originally Posted by a1derful1 View Post
    For the size of our country it's not absurd. People die from many other things exponentially higher than gunshots. I'm in more danger during my daily commute that I am in a neighborhood packing heat like branch dividians.

And he didn't sound irate...he said get your facts....being you are not from this country (figured by the NRAA)....you should read before you let your heart bleed. Just cuz someones kids got blasted doesn't mean I'm gonna allow it to happen to mine....they'll do the blasting with me.
    According to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate) I'm 20 times more likely to get shot and die in the US than in my own country soooo, it cant just be due to population
    Btw you cant protect your kids 24/7. How do you protect your kids while they're at school?

According to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate) I'm 20 times more likely to get shot and die in the US than in my own country soooo, it cant just be due to population
    Btw you cant protect your kids 24/7. How do you protect your kids while they're at school?
    I hope you aren't trying to include the suicide rate cuz that's crap. My cousin ate a bullet and I never blamed guns for that...he was gonna do it one way or another.

Country Total firearm-related death rate Homicides Suicides Unintentional Undetermined Year
    USA 10.2 3.6 6.3 0.2 0.1 2010

3.6 per 100,000....most of that is gang war and drug trade....and most of those deaths are probably a good thing as long as it's thugs and smugglers. If you have gangs and drugs you will always have collateral damage no matter what your laws are.

How do I protect my kids in school? I live in a country setting, away from the nutbags in the city, that has police at the school packing heat on a closed campus blocks away from the police department.

People that don't want armed guards in schools are idiots.

Seems to me like his parents failed at properly raising him. Regardless of choice of weapons, his parents are to blame more than the guns.

I can't believe people are being over simplistic in thinking gun control will save lives and keep guns out of psychos when it wont. I mean, look at the wonders the laws are doing for illegal narcotics such as meth & coke and keeping them off the streets.

Oh look, more articles coincidentally mentioning "assault weapons" being used in scary things while there's trying to be a ban pushed through.

That's not convenient at all.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet you it was a violent video games fault.