Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I am not a professional but from what I've heard, it's a good start

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Thanks for the tip.
    I'm sure working on it, but I'm still working on getting a proper kick... I ended up starting over again but I got stuck again, it sounds aweful now..

Maybe ill move on and start building a track just for testing, I can get back to that kick later. Also got to learn how to make leads and stuff now...

Tomorrow the dancefair, hope I learn some stuff there!
    You can layer kicks. Get a kick sample with a nice 'thump', and then find a deeper, more bassy kick to layer it with. Add distortion/overdrive to get the 'hardstyle sound'. Just don't overdo it The more you add, the more you gotta take out in the mix (fader), because it will gain a LOT of presence in the mix.

I think I've got a nice kick now.. Thanks for the tips anyway, going to make some more later

I've run in the next problem... No matter WHAT I try, I can not seperate 2 sounds from the mixer..

I really suck balls at explaining, but this is what happened:

I finished the kick, so I wanted to make a clap (not too much editing required here). However, this 'clap' is getting the same EQ and distortion stuff which I added to the kick. I then tried to add another new sound which I would use to make my melody, same thing happens. No matter what I try, all my sounds get the same EQ/distortion/changes as my kick has..

After trying a load of things I thought I maybe had to make a new file for each sound or something. So I saved my kick, made a new file, added a pre-made clap and tried to import my kick but that doesn't work either...

I hope you know what I mean...

And thanks for the positive feedback, nerodnb !

EDIT: I wanted to swap from FL Studio to Cubase so I could follow the tutorials Frontliner has made... I died a little inside when I found out it costs 560 euro for the whole package. Knowing I would eventually purchase it (if I manage to figure out how it all works), I tried to get it the 'not so legal way'. Could not find anything..

Why does everything have to cost an arm and a leg, not like equipment is cheap or anything.. :-/

EDIT 2: I know I promised a third raw hardstyle mix (hoping that atleast one person is waiting for it.. haha).. But I first went to make a 30 min mix to enter a DJ contest for Extreme Loudnezz. Hope I win!

My third raw hardstyle mix will also be sent to a DJ Contest for Emporium.
    Last edited by aevitas; 2013-02-21 at 11:18 PM.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Third raw hardstyle mix is online!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ASN3gR_Ig

Tracklist:

1: Frequencerz - No Escape 00:00 - 04:50
    2: Crypsis &* Adaro - Another Shit Track 04:51 - 09:19
    3: Jack of Sound - Kaylee's Nightmare 09:20 - 13:09
    4: Tartaros - Numb 13:10 - 17:00
    5: Dark Oscillators - Trapped (Titan remix) 17:01 - 20:57
    6: Acti & Jajox - Satana 20:58 - 25:59
    7: Sizem - Save Your Soul 25:60 - 30:10
    8: DJ Thera & Frequencerz - Incoming 30:11 - 33:55
    9: Frequencerz and E-Force - Attention 33:56 - 36:56
    10: Lady Faith - Queen Bitch Of The Universe 36:57 - 42:17
    11: Thera - Disturbia (The R3belz remix) 42:18 - 45:52
    12: Phrantic &* Blackburn - In Your What 45:53 - 49:35
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Third raw hardstyle mix is online!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ASN3gR_Ig

Tracklist:

1: Frequencerz - No Escape 00:00 - 04:50
    2: Crypsis &* Adaro - Another Shit Track 04:51 - 09:19
    3: Jack of Sound - Kaylee's Nightmare 09:20 - 13:09
    4: Tartaros - Numb 13:10 - 17:00
    5: Dark Oscillators - Trapped (Titan remix) 17:01 - 20:57
    6: Acti & Jajox - Satana 20:58 - 25:59
    7: Sizem - Save Your Soul 25:60 - 30:10
    8: DJ Thera & Frequencerz - Incoming 30:11 - 33:55
    9: Frequencerz and E-Force - Attention 33:56 - 36:56
    10: Lady Faith - Queen Bitch Of The Universe 36:57 - 42:17
    11: Thera - Disturbia (The R3belz remix) 42:18 - 45:52
    12: Phrantic &* Blackburn - In Your What 45:53 - 49:35
    Pretty much awesome transitioning and using the vocals effectively between songs. You've come a long way since that first post. You could easily go through this set in a club.

Also, try checking out Cubase Elements 6 or 7.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-02-25 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Pretty much awesome transitioning and using the vocals effectively between songs. You've come a long way since that first post. You could easily go through this set in a club.

Also, try checking out Cubase Elements 6 or 7.
    Thank you for the nice feedback. I am really happy all this time I'm putting into this is starting to pay off, I'm very proud of this last mix and I'm glad I stuck to it. I think it took about 28 records to get it the way I wanted it, haha.. Not to mention about 8 tracklist changes..

Either way I'm going to purchase Cubase Elements 7 when I have the money, I noticed that 6 is not even for sale anymore.

Ofcourse not all credits should go to me, you've been a tremendous help so far and for that I once again thank you!

EDIT: You most likely noticed the picture I used for the third mix, I really.. REALLY hope I get chosen for a DJ contest..

After a long time of not releasing any mixes (do have a load of experiments on my PC) I decided to push out a mix for Defqon.1 Festival.

Due to it being this friday already (can't wait, friday to monday party) I really had to push it out. I also wanted to make a video of it which didnt turn out that bad, I guess... Nothing professional at all, first time doing it. Also I'm not very happy with the mix, it's mostly aimed to be something you listen to in the car on the way there. I guess it's okay for that. Not even 1/10th of the time I put in my mixes previously was put into this one, that's why some transitions are very bad. I pretty much made the tracklist and recorded it, usually I go through each song to see where to mix it in and if it doesn't fit I change the tracklist / edit the tracklist and go with it again. Nothing of that this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chMe4diOAsc

Tracklist:

1. Hard Drive - Ready 2 Rock (Defqon.1) 00:00 - 03:40
    2. Wildstylez - True Rebel Freedom (Defqon. 1 Australia 2012 Anthem) 03:41 - 09:14
    3. Digital Punk & Noisecontrollers - Blue Horizon 09:15 - 13:31
    4. Brennan Heart & Wildstylez - Lose My Mind 13:32 - 16:24
    5. Wildstylez - Timeless 16:25 - 20:14
    6. Headhunterz, Wildstylez & Noisecontrollers - World of Madness (Defqon.1 2012 Anthem) 20:15 - 25:06
    7. Dash Berlin - Till The Sky Falls Down (Isaac Remix) 25:07 - 30:06
    8. Frontliner - Weekend Warriors (Official Defqon.1 2013 Anthem) 30:07 - 34:50
    9. Psyko Punkz - Electro Bam 34:51 - 38:24
    10. Brennan Heart - F.I.F.O. 38:25 - 43:04
    11. Chain Reaction - The Record Breaking 43:05 - 45:47
    13. Chain Reaction - Like A boss 45:48 - 48:52
    14. Ran-D & Adaro - Struggle For Existence (Crypsis Remix) 48:53 - 54:18
    15. Crypsis - Lost In The Mist 54:19 - 56:30
    16. Evil Activities & E-Life - World Of Madness (Defqon.1 2012 OST) 56:31
    Last edited by aevitas; 2013-06-17 at 11:41 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Aevitas,

i could write pages about music and producing, but i'll to just throw in a few snippets to get you going.

Goal, determination, pesistence, and most of all patience. It does takes time. - Keep having fun!

Choise of (Daw) each have thier pros and cons. and each have different workflows.
    You should download demos of eg. 3 different ones and spend some time on each one, and figureout what suits your needs the best. Before you start thowing cash.

Alot of people use different DAWs on 1 project alone. Working on each "element" in what DAW they enjoy the most for the task at hand (making a kick drum, synth part, bassline etc.) Some people create thier song/remix in 1 DAW and mix it in another one.

There is really no "best one". You have to find out yourself

Personaly i work mainly in Cubase (for many years) Sometimes i work in Logic or Reason or Abelton Live. They are all just tools. You make the work for you
    Search for more "springs of knowledge"
    websites and youtube channels.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/06/1...-live-without/
    Great website with tons of goodies witch i think is suited for you.

looked thu my bookmarks and these are really great imho
    http://www.serious-sounds.net/music-...ion/community/
    http://www.idmforums.com/

http://www.resoundsound.com
    http://audio.tutsplus.com/

cheers

Thanks a bunch ill definately check it out

This weekend I was at Defqon.1 festival from Friday till Sunday and definately felt the urge to produce again, but not even being able to create shit holds me back. Ill check out those links and hopefully get to do something once!

I guess im sticking to FL studio 10, I've got an illegal version but I don't want to throw cash until I know I can find my way around. I find these programs very, very complicated (still).

I tried to create a basic hardstyle lead to get an idea on how to make one, however it seems that one of the best programs to make one is NeoFX which costs bloody 300 euros or something... It's not easy to start off on this stuff :/

After a rather long break from mixing due to RL stuff (and having no space to put my mixtrack on my desk.. so it's been in a closet :/) I made a mix just in time for Defqon.1 2014.

My old mix reached over 5000 views over the year, I hope this one will be just as successfull. Any tips? This mix took 2 tries to create (after ofcourse all the preperations, which took about 4 hours).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-feI0t29vc

Tracklist:

All credits & rights belong to the artists below.

Download link: http://1drv.ms/1wtvLkh Right click on the video and click on download.

01. Hard Driver - Exploration (Official Hard Bass 2014 Anthem)
    02. Zatox - Check Out The Drop
    03. TNT aka Technoboy 'n Tuneboy - Musick
    04. Toneshifterz - R.A.W. Power
    05. Headhunterz & Audiofreq - Breakout
    06. Coone - Survival Of The Fittest (Official Defqon.1 2014 Anthem)
    07. The Prophet - Hoo-Ey
    08. Zatox & Activator - Make Some Noise
    09. 2 Unlimited - No Limit (Zatox Remix)
    10. The Prophet - Louder
    11. Audiofreq - Warcry
    12. B-Front & Re-Volt - W.A.R.
    13. Frequencerz - Bitch (Crypsis Remix)
    14. Tatarola ft. Da Rook MC - Insane (Kronos Remix)
    15. Frontliner - Weekend Warriors (Defqon. 1 2013 Anthem Endymion Remix)

Still having issues with the length of the mixes I make, most DJs manage to squeeze in 20-30 songs in an hour while I only manage 15. I honestly can't figure out how they can make such fluid transitions. If you want I could give a few examples of a set.

After a rather long break from mixing due to RL stuff (and having no space to put my mixtrack on my desk.. so it's been in a closet :/) I made a mix just in time for Defqon.1 2014.

My old mix reached over 5000 views over the year, I hope this one will be just as successfull. Any tips? This mix took 2 tries to create (after ofcourse all the preperations, which took about 4 hours).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-feI0t29vc

Tracklist:

All credits & rights belong to the artists below.

Download link: http://1drv.ms/1wtvLkh Right click on the video and click on download.

01. Hard Driver - Exploration (Official Hard Bass 2014 Anthem)
    02. Zatox - Check Out The Drop
    03. TNT aka Technoboy 'n Tuneboy - Musick
    04. Toneshifterz - R.A.W. Power
    05. Headhunterz & Audiofreq - Breakout
    06. Coone - Survival Of The Fittest (Official Defqon.1 2014 Anthem)
    07. The Prophet - Hoo-Ey
    08. Zatox & Activator - Make Some Noise
    09. 2 Unlimited - No Limit (Zatox Remix)
    10. The Prophet - Louder
    11. Audiofreq - Warcry
    12. B-Front & Re-Volt - W.A.R.
    13. Frequencerz - Bitch (Crypsis Remix)
    14. Tatarola ft. Da Rook MC - Insane (Kronos Remix)
    15. Frontliner - Weekend Warriors (Defqon. 1 2013 Anthem Endymion Remix)

Still having issues with the length of the mixes I make, most DJs manage to squeeze in 20-30 songs in an hour while I only manage 15. I honestly can't figure out how they can make such fluid transitions. If you want I could give a few examples of a set.
    I've got no major issues with the mix as a whole, the transitions are pretty smart and keep the flow going, you can pick out where they come in, but in the good way now. I knew at 2:30 it was going to be a good mix. The way they jam more tunes in, is simply by cutting intros/outros out - instead of letting songs tail off, start cutting in say as the first chorus kicks in or even as a mid-point drop is about to hit, then just match it up to the current tune's position.

Good job over all though. This may help smooth out transitions further:

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I've got no major issues with the mix as a whole, the transitions are pretty smart and keep the flow going, you can pick out where they come in, but in the good way now. I knew at 2:30 it was going to be a good mix. The way they jam more tunes in, is simply by cutting intros/outros out - instead of letting songs tail off, start cutting in say as the first chorus kicks in or even as a mid-point drop is about to hit, then just match it up to the current tune's position.

Good job over all though. This may help smooth out transitions further:

Was hoping you would reply. Good to read the mix worked out okay, not too happy about some of the transitions but I really like some of them.

How did the transition from The Prophet - Hoo-Ey to Zatox & Activator - Make Some Noise work out? When planning the mix I found letting Hoo-Ey run for a bit longer sound good, wondering how others feel about it.

I'll check out your video, I may do another mix in the next week if I find the time.