View Poll Results: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

205 71.68%
  • No

81 28.32%
    Are you too far away when using it? It has a 50 yard range.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2014-08-01 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Brainfart

I've read all the guides but still pancaking. I boosted my lock to lvl 90
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Bayne/simple

Did LFR once for the feel and been doing a few target practises.

Anyone know the likely hood of me doing this or should I gear some more? I've noticed I oom a bit

If you just boosted and have only done an lfr at max level then you will probably struggle with it a bit. Watch the guides and if I were you I would work on getting some better gear. Sub 500 ilvl the aspects of the fight are magnified due to lower health pools. You have less room for mistakes. Look up some macros for the fight and get those set up.

There is a lot going on so just be patient and work through the fight like heroic progression. Try to learn from every death.

Outgearing it is an option but you need the gear first. At your current ILVL it will be a struggle if you arent familiar with a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    I've read all the guides but still pancaking. I boosted my lock to lvl 90
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Bayne/simple

Did LFR once for the feel and been doing a few target practises.

Anyone know the likely hood of me doing this or should I gear some more? I've noticed I oom a bit
    With your gear you can do it, wont be easybut you can. 500+ from what im told is when it becomes a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    I click and I managed to beat it. Clicking vs keybinding really is not a measure of skill.
    This^^

I beat it and I'm predominantly a clicker, with a few keybinds thrown in. It all really comes down to what you're comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Radazar View Post
    With your gear you can do it, wont be easybut you can. 500+ from what im told is when it becomes a joke
    It doesnt. I'm 535 and wiping like crazy. I reckon 550+ in order to do it "easy"
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

Lots of advice to look up some good macros for this fight. Is anyone able to link a good guide for these macros that pertains to 5.4?

Cheers!

Ok, I don't know if it's true or not, but I've seen a guy claim on the oficial bnet forums that he killed it, and he had only one arm (he posted a picture of himself).

This was when the portal trivialized the fight by giving your pit lord all the threat, but even so I was kinda impressed (assuming it's true =P)

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Ok, I don't know if it's true or not, but I've seen a guy claim on the oficial bnet forums that he killed it, and he had only one arm (he posted a picture of himself).

This was when the portal trivialized the fight by giving your pit lord all the threat, but even so I was kinda impressed (assuming it's true =P)
    Is it really that hard to believe that someone could be awesome at wow with one arm? Disabilities only hold back those who allow it.

The company I work for employs a number of disabled people. This one guy has no arms (from birth) and still manages to do pretty much anything, including driving a car (with no modifications) and writing with his feet. His writing is literally better than mine. Granted my writing isn't hard to beat, but still.
    How I waste my time: Biter Comics

Anyone know if one character unlocks green fire, all your warlocks get it? or is it per character? I am currently on beta and only my original has it

Thank you so much for this guide. I took its info with my crappy 512 warlock and toppled this fight in just 3 attempts!

What's the difference between a duck?

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomAgony View Post
    Anyone know if one character unlocks green fire, all your warlocks get it? or is it per character? I am currently on beta and only my original has it
    The title is account-wide. Any current and future Warlocks you make will be able to use it. The fire itself is character specific.
    I will not move when Flame Wreath is cast or the raid blows up...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    The title is account-wide. Any current and future Warlocks you make will be able to use it. The fire itself is character specific.
    At level 90 or above.

Thanks for the guide! Especially the use of macros turned out to be very helpful (see http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69964#comments:id=1844287).

After watching lots of videos, I managed to beat him in the first try, although I totally screwed up some parts of the fights (e.g. using Charge too often). Luckily I survived one cataclysm (ilvl 545).